[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

7 minutes ago, Nami said:

Anyone else is also completely confused about the whole Arya arc conclusion?

Jaqen tells her "now a girl is no one", what the fuck? Because she killed the Terminator girl  now she's no one? She failed her previous assassination, he ordered her death, she killed her assassin so she passed the test of becoming no one?  I thought becoming no one is about not having an identity. What was the point of her training? She didn't get any smarter and showed any amazing skills. After butchering her mission she was just walking around Braavos knowing she failed her test and the Terminator was going after her.

I'm so confused.
It's so badly written that one must think the writers are planning something but no, WYSIWYG

I was half heartedly expecting something grand until the last moment, but no. None of it made any sense. And after watching the Inside the episode clip I got the feeling that the writers themselves don't have a clue about why killing the Waif makes Arya no one or what becoming no one actually means. 

2 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

I was half heartedly expecting something grand until the last moment, but no. None of it made any sense. And after watching the Inside the episode clip I got the feeling that the writers themselves don't have a clue about why killing the Waif makes Arya no one or what becoming no one actually means. 

Yeah that scene didn't make a whole lot of sense.  Unless Jaqen is not "no one" either and all along he wanted her to realize she can't and shouldn't be no one?

1 minute ago, wolverine said:

Yeah that scene didn't make a whole lot of sense.  Unless Jaqen is not "no one" either and all along he wanted her to realize she can't and shouldn't be no one?

Maybe that's right and Jaqen isn't no one. Maybe he is a secret Targ or a secret Blackfyre or Rhaegar or Benjen. :dunno: 

17 minutes ago, Nami said:

Jaqen tells her "now a girl is no one", what the fuck? Because she killed the Terminator girl  now she's no one? She failed her previous assassination, he ordered her death, she killed her assassin so she passed the test of becoming no one?  I thought becoming no one is about not having an identity. What was the point of her training? She didn't get any smarter and showed any amazing skills. After butchering her mission she was just walking around Braavos knowing she failed her test and the Terminator was going after her.

I'm so confused.
It's so badly written that one must think the writers are planning something but no, WYSIWYG

This is what happens when so much storytelling is done off screen again and again. It makes for confusing and less than satisfying entertainment. 

And apparently, according to others, we need to watch the After the episode segments and read every show runner and actor interview ever to understand what the hell happened inside the episode.

Just look at how many threads are quickly posted after each episode that ask for some explaining because the show runners can't do their job. 

6 minutes ago, wolverine said:

Could be, but if that was it the scene didn't give us any indication because he just smirked as she walked out on him. It's just really bad writing

41 minutes ago, Nami said:

I'm so confused.

I think we are all collectively confused (The CC ;o) about the requirements a Faceless Man needs to meet.

I have two (show) theories now: either Arya was praised to finally be a "no one" because she killed another Faceless Man (aka the "waif")

or because she survived an attack of a Faceless Man who was supposed to kill her.

Both ideas are stupid - as the rest of the show is.

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

Nothing is..... whatever

3 hours ago, Stark_Contrast said:

Also: how does things function in Meereen? Its infrastructure has been crushed, it's under attack from terrorists within and now also from external enemies. Yet everybody seems to have food, jobs, shelter etc. And there's nobody governing, only some token uneducated people sitting around drinking wine. I guess there is such a thing as a free lunch after all!

Mereen is an Anarchist paradise

3 hours ago, YOVMO said:

it strikes me as odd that the faceless men have a potion that makes people temporarily blind and the only time they use it is to train one 10 year old girl.

I wonder if they have all sorts of other odd ball potions.

I think they even have one that makes Arya's arc make sense

1 hour ago, NutBurz said:

Only problem I have is with Arya´s healing and apparently adamantium bones. This sort of thing can´t happen.

it makes sense if you realize Arya has midichlorians

4 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Hey guys did you know Kitt Harrington's name has been put forth in the best supporting actor ballot for the emmy's LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

More like the Best Character Needing Support cateogry

6 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Hey guys did you know Kitt Harrington's name has been put forth in the best supporting actor ballot for the emmy's LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Did you see how confused he looks this season by the events surrounding him? If that's not acting then I don't know what is. He is so confused he can't even talk most of the time.

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

That was me last night. I kept telling myself over and over again during Arya's chase scene "Ok, this is going somewhere. Ok, there is going to be a big reveal. Ok, there has to be some surprise regarding Arya's sudden case of immortality. Ok, this is going somewhere, it has to."

And then it turned into "I swear to the seven gods if that face in the House of Black & White is The Waif's and not Arya's, I'm DONE with this crap."

Yup. 

D&D have to stop ruining my fave character = Tyrion.

The joke in itself was on point and thanks the Gods it's a good actor like Dinklage who has to tell it, but the scene was pointless, really pointless and out of character. Tyrion is bookish and he has never been lazy when given power, not when in charge of the drains, not when Hand, not when Master of Coins. .. so he would never ever spend his days chatting with Greyworm and Melisandre instead of ruling. DInklage was also totally great in the Varys scene (which was barely OK as a scene), the need of giving him an hug after Varys left was strong because of the sadness in his eyes.

As a whole, I was astonished about the Mereen bit, I thought D&D were done with ruining Tyrion's narrative (he had like 2 relevant moments the whole season.. I don't get why D&D made him arrive in Mereen so soon - divergence from the books - if they didn't know what to do with him… I naively thought they cut off part of book5 to make room for more relevant stuff, not for this cr**).

Also, this experience is supposed to be his training-at-ruling and they are making him go the opposite way than GRRM will have him go (I guess).

Side note: they're seriously damaging Peter Dinklage's chances to get his Emmy nom too. The man is great, he delivers also the most stupid lines, but you can't do miracles.

It was one of the worst episodes ever.

The Mereen bit was cr* and certainly not what I expected after two 'without Tyrion' episodes. Daenery's entrance was like a soap opera entrance. The Arya bit was a total mess. Sandor likely heading north hence reuniting with Sansa (and / or Arya), banal. Blackfish died offscreen.

Now episode 9 will be mostly about the battle of the bastards, let's hope in episode 10 we'll see more than 'Daenerys burns the slavers and/or steals the ships'. Poor my Tyrion, except episode 2, cr** season for him.

In short: if The Winds of Winder doesn't come out and GRRM doen't pity D&D enough to fed them huge bits of the last book or (more probably) to write the last season with them (given that the last book will take years), we are totally fuc*** up. It's incredible how the level of the writing simply and plainly plummeted after they had to write without the support of GRRM's books.

Westeros Family..... I need your help. 

I usually come here on Monday to catch up on the episode, discuss theories, and just see what everyone thought. Today I come here defeated. Last night's episode was soooooooooooooooooo soooooooooooooooo soooooooooooo bad. I can't even describe the levels of absurdity it reached. I need your help to recover. I may require therapy. 

1. Apparently Drogon is just an Uber driver. Shuttling Dany around Westeros so she can make a ham-handed entrance at the exact right moment. 

2. I hope Peter Dinklage is enjoying his Emmy, because he will never ever be nominated again with the CRAP they have given him this season. It's uncomfortable.  

3. Arya vs. T-1000....... what. the. actual. fuck. I could not stop laughing. At one point I wished (prayed even) that the whole thing was a dream sequence. It was so laughable. Arya gets shanked Red Wedding style and is still capable of taking out a professional assassin? They could have just done the scene with Needle and the candle and skipped the whole rest of that ridiculous chase scene. It was like Peter and the chicken on Family Guy, but without a hint of satire. 

I just can't any more.  These episodes are killin' me. For awhile I had accepted my Stockholm-syndrome-esque dedication to the series, but now I'm not even enjoying it anymore. Can someone start a support group for those impacted by the tragedy of D+D's writing? Do we have any psychologist in the group? :P:D 

Please tell me friends... how are you getting through this mess? Tips to bring back some level of enjoyment? 

2 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

I personally don't see that kind of a pattern. They had written some pretty fucked up episodes even when they had source material to rely on and they had written decent and good episodes when they didn't. I personally liked the first four episodes of this season and episode 6 too. I honestly have no idea who wrote the Arya plot for this season but it was outrageously dumb. And I'm someone who is a big advocate of the show. 

I agree the Door was crap, I did like the reveal about Hodor though and I'm sorry to be a mean bitch but I didn't give one crap about the direwolf. The first 50 minutes of the episode were ridiculously poor though. 

And I don't know how her character unfolds in the books, but I find myself hating Sansa almost as much as I hated her in season 1. 

You are a mean bitch for not giving a shit about the direwolves!

I think in the first 3-4 seasons when they went off book it was shit.  And there are admittedly parts of the book that make horrible TV, but a good writer should know how to overcome that.

I get that stuff happened in the beginning of this season that was awesome.  Those are the plot points.  Jon coming back to life was awesome, The way he died and how he got back to life were shit.  Why'd they kill him?  For reasons.  Why'd Davos want to bring him back and not Stannis?  For reasons.  Why did Thorne and the rest of the NW want his body so badly?  For reasons.  And he has had ZERO progression from this momentous experience.  It was great to see Jon and Sansa reunited, but their whole reunion was shit.  There's the whole Tormund and Brienne thing, fan service, nothing that drives the story.  Great to see the Hound back, but they wasted a great actor and 2/3 of an episode to do it.  And he's still just a minor character.  But he's a fan favorite.  Arya's entire story this season has been shit.  Tyrion's has been shit.  Dany's, shit.  KL, shit.

I hated Sansa until Dance and then she became one of my favorite characters.  She's horseshit in the show.  Always has been.

Archived