Ran

Good. So for those keeping score....

Winterfell

-Arya is heading back to Winterfell.

-Sansa and Jon are marching on Winterfell

-Brienne and Pod are traveling to Winterfell

-The Vale is likely heading to Winterfell

-Bran and Benjen are likely heading back over the Wall to meet up with everyone

-Oh and Sandor and the Brotherhood look like they are heading up North as well.

King's Landing

-Cersie is stuck in King's Landing without a trial by combat. Looks like the fan theory WILDFIRE plot is happening

-Jamie has already vowed to go back (cough valonqar cough)

-Dorne is heading to King's Landing to avenge Elia and Oberyn

Mereen

-Dany just returned with a Dothraki army

-The Master's are finally making their assault

-Theon and Yara are heading over to Mereen to probably make the save

-Euron is also planning a trip out there

(caveat: The plan is to head to King's Landing after all this ends)

WILDCARD

-Lord Vary's is heading somewhere in Westeros.

PLOTS ARE CONVERGING FINALLY

4 minutes ago, braveniler58 said:

I laughed at the Bronn/Pod scenes, grinned like a madman when Arya said she was Arya, and groaned deeply when Beric and Thoros said they were there for a purpose. Yeah. You were, Beric. Stoneheart. Still two episodes to go though, but this is weird. 

The Brienne/Jaime scenes were good. Slightly sad that the Blackfish went out that way. Wonder what's coming up... 

Blackfish seemed like a "Blackfish exit stage right" sort of scene

Good overall episode.

But Arya's plot is SO RIDICULOUS. Uggggghhhh

-She gets slashed across the chest, and stabbed multiple times by the Waif (blade goes in all the way up to the hilt). She rolls off the bridge into the water, wanders around Braavos for a while until she comes across Lady Crane, who bandages her wound. SERIOUSLY? She would die from those wounds. There is no fix for that kind of wound, let alone a quick fix you can do with some soup and tight cloth.

-After what could really only be a day (how long is the Waif going to waste tracking her down for her face?) she's already able to parkour all over Braavos, defeat the Waif in single combat and sneak into the House of Black & White. Ridiculous.

-On top of all of this, the Waif falls prey to every bad villain cliche in the book... choose an unnecessarily bad way of killing the target, allow them to escape without pursuit, move as slow as humanly possible to let the stumbling target somehow always say well ahead of them, until finally falling prey to their trap.

There is absolutely no defense for any of this. Terrible writing and plot armor that has no place in a series like this.

Enjoyed some parts of the episode...the Hound, Arya, the Waif biting it. I did not like the way they made Edmure into a chump handing over Riverrun. Yes he does so in the books, but he also buys time for his uncle to escape. Edmure has never been a favorite, but he was man stuck between a rock and hard place and he still managed to thumb his nose at his Freys by helping his uncle. And why for the love of the seven does Jamie still love Cersei? They have totally flattened his redemption arc.

Lord Varys is off to Dorne and you know this. Littlefinger has the army of the Vale, the moon. Varys with the army of the sun.

Waif aka T1000 finally died. But the whole Arya is hurt, Arya is not hurt, Arya is hurt thing was a bit pointless.

Didn't care about KL, Cersei chooses Violence (what a shock) and it appears she is going for the Wildfire.

Bad jokes in Meereen, oh great.

At least we get the battle for Meereen, and the battle for Winterfell.

Hm Dany, Tyrion, Varys, Dothraki (Barabrian army), and what looks like the Army of the sun Dorne. Jon, Sansa, Probably Littlefinger, the Wildlings (Barbarian army), and the army of the Vale aka the Moon.

Sun and Moon. B)

20 minutes ago, Mat92 said:

No preview for next episode. 

I imagine it's going to be a huge one with the Battle of Mereen AND the Battle of the Bastards, with the Knights of the Vale turning up at the last minute to turn the tide?

the preview only showed the battle of the bastards, so i think it's gonna be another watchers on the wall episode

Awhile back sophie&maisie posted this 2 truths 1 lie thing, and one of the options sophie had was that lady stoneheart would end up in the show. I think it is setting it up with brienne in the same relative area so that arc is now going to happen. That is why BwB was also brought back up along with the beric dondarrion stating the obvious fact about how many times he came back to life to remind the viewers of thoros's power.

1 hour ago, NikkiG said:

every time Tyrion starts a brothel joke he doesn't get to finish it.  What torture is this...

I imagine the last scene of the series with Tyrion off somewhere, drinking wine, starting to tell the joke and it fades to black then the credits...and we'll never hear the end of the joke. Now THAT would be sheer torture!

I liked the episode overall, but I think they could have cut down the whole Missendei/Greyworm/Tyrion joke thing...but at least he was making a little progress and they laughed. And Varys is leaving, I wonder what his expidition is. And Dany at the end, felt a little deus ex machina but we'll see, at least now hopefully shit in Meereen will finally go down.

The Hound, holy shit, chopping heads off with an ax(I wonder if is was made of Valyrian steel, lol). And he prefers chicken of course. Nice to see Beric and Thoros back(although the man-bun must be becoming all the rage in the Seven Kingdoms;)).

'Arya Stark of winterfell and I'm going home'. I liked Jaqen's smile of approval at the end, I hope she kicks some Frey ass with Nym next season. But I wish they would have shown Waif get stuck with the pointy end but I do like how they did it though with the blood and the reveal of the Waif's face in the hall.

And I still have a miniscule shred of hope for Jaime's arc, he still respects Brienne..it was nice he let her keep the sword and the music played when they waved to each other set the tone for that scene. And the Blackfish is still alive, we didn't see the body! He'll fight another day! Jk...^_^

Loking forward to Bastardbowl next week.

Edited by Ludo Kressh

Let's add the dirty water Arya and her open wounds with internal damage fell into…and it looked like her wounds opened again after the rolls down the stairs, that looked like some twisted Busby Berkeley choreograph. Too much. There is such a thing as suspension of belief but after awhile….(shakes head) Was the waif not aiming for vital organs? That is some FM training.

- This Sandor puttering around on foot without Stranger Clegane puts a damper. I want the horse back.

- I laugh out loud with the lines, because of the character of Sandor and the actor has always done a fine job, but the written dialogue is toeing the caricature line now. And that is being generous. The rage and wanting to kill everyone in a rush is getting overdone. So all his work with the septon is undone in a flash? Doesn't sit right. The feel is off.

- I could do without all the Catelyn references if Stoneheart is out. Don't need the salt rubbed in….really, I don't. And then Beric comes out of nowhere. Ouch!

- Here's hoping that Big Nyms gets her girl back (or appears at all) and I would like Arya to knock on Hot Pie's door. (One can hope) Whoah…Wolf Pack! And about Gendry and that boat...

I don't even know what to say about Blackfish and Edmure. Not what I wanted to see, but Tobias is a fine actor and he was great in his scene with Jaime. Blackfish's last words were bittersweet funny but...

The best was Arya's grand exit and her words to Jaqen. That and the Hound referencing chicken was a gift. I doubt its quite that simple in the books. So I took the gifts and ran with them.

Yes, it was a setup episode, but there was a lot of filler that could have been trimmed and more important stuff added.

1 minute ago, Nymeria's pup said:

Enjoyed some parts of the episode...the Hound, Arya, the Waif biting it. I did not like the way they made Edmure into a chump handing over Riverrun. Yes he does so in the books, but he also buys time for his uncle to escape. Edmure has never been a favorite, but he was man stuck between a rock and hard place and he still managed to thumb his nose at his Freys by helping his uncle. And why for the love of the seven does Jamie still love Cersei? They have totally flattened his redemption arc.

Yes to both of these. Its such a bummer to not see The Blackfish escape, and that everything done was undone in a moment, but it wouldve been nice to see him get away, and that Edmure at least some kind of gumption to stick it to Freys and Jamie, but it was good old Blackfish that refused to go down without a fight.

I definitely prefer the Jamie in the books at this moment that has those moments of redemption or desiring it. I thought we'd get a bit of that when Edmure was talking to him about being a decent man and before that with Brienne and talking about honor, and then he had to go and ruin it with talking about killing a baby Tully and all the Tullys to get back to her.Bit of a letdown there.

Nice to see the real BwB return though with Beric still alive are we to assume theyre shading us with no LS and talking of going North? I guess its to get Sandor to Sansa and all the rest of the storylines lining up.

Very smart of HS to get rid of the trial by combat which kinda sucks in that there wouldnt be a Clegane Bowl but I guess we're going to finally get the real mad Cersei, especially with everyone constantly bringing up Jamie killing the Mad King, even Bran seeing it in his visions. I feel like it just may be that prophecy fulfilled, as Jamie would most likely be the only one Cersei would let close to her even in her madness, only for him to end her.

I definitely wonder where Varys is going. He was the only bit that made Mereen interesting to me. Of course Dany would fly back in the nick of time..still dont care much for this part of the world TBH

I was honestly surprised that Arya would be written that stupid in the last episode to be out in the open like that. Id like to think she was setting up The Waif but I guess not, though she did in the end. I wish there was a bit more of her arc but theyre ready to send her back home..guess we'll have to wait til the books. Though I wonder if her buddy will tag along with her since he so obviously wanted her to win and more than that, be by his side in a way.

It will be interesting to see if Bastard Bowl takes up the whole episode since its meant to be longer.

OK, so I'm finally caught up with everyone.  Question for the group: does anyone else think that Jamie is coming home just in time to keep Cersei from torching KL with wildfire?  That would fulfill the valonqar prophecy, and it actually gives weight and purpose to his big "I love my sister" speech with Edmure.

I don't understand why so many of you guys continue to clamor for Lady Stoneheart to be on this show. Jon Snow was just brought back from the dead. If Lady Stoneheart comes that will make two miraculous resurrections in one season. Don't you guys think that's a little much? A little too ham-fisted? 

2 minutes ago, plectrum said:

OK, so I'm finally caught up with everyone.  Question for the group: does anyone else think that Jamie is coming home just in time to keep Cersei from torching KL with wildfire?  That would fulfill the valonqar prophecy, and it actually gives weight and purpose to his big "I love my sister" speech with Edmure.

hmmm, interesting.

jaime saving kings landing twice :D

lets hope so!

Edited by goomba

1 minute ago, Prince of Dragonstone said:

I don't understand why so many of you guys continue to clamor for Lady Stoneheart to be on this show. Jon Snow was just brought back from the dead. If Lady Stoneheart comes that will make two miraculous resurrections in one season. Don't you guys think that's a little much? A little too ham-fisted? 

Not to mention it just really seems to late to introduce her and still make her meaningful.

Just now, Prince of Dragonstone said:

Everyone is coming back form the dead this season.  The Hound, Benjen, Jon Snow, The Mountain (granted he came back in the final episode last season but still).  I think the LSH reveal works.

For the record, someone else (sorry, but the name eludes me) actually thought of what I just wrote and pointed it out.  I'm just picking up where he/she left off.

2 minutes ago, plectrum said:

I think this is like the obvious conclusion. Without Stoneheart to keep him in the Riverlands longer, there is nothing to stop him from returning. Which all of sudden makes the plotline being pushed up to this season make more sense.

2 minutes ago, Fox of House McCloud said:

Not to mention it just really seems to late to introduce her and still make her meaningful.

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that?  She only has a few pages in the books.  Not like she's central to the plot (yet).

4 minutes ago, Prince of Dragonstone said:

LSH was put to rest tonight. So far her only significance in the book revolved around Jamie and Brienne.

-Jamie is going back to KL

-Brienne is going back North

-The BWB is around with no LSJ

All this tells me is that LSH's story is basically complete after whatever happens when Brienne brings Jamie to her.