[Poll] How would you rate episode 608?

Ran

How would you rate episode 608?  

499 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

8/10 just...

Was expecting a little bit more action along with the obvious set-ups still needed for the epic end of the season.  

A few surprises in there although a bunch of cheesy waste-of-time scenes (Pod/Bronn for one).  My eyes start to roll whenever Tyrion appears this season as I know it's just gonna be some unnecessary and unfunny jokes and cliches over a goblet of wine.  

On the positive side, the banning of trial-by-combat was an unexpected twist, though everything else in KL progresses as expected.  

The fall of Riverun was a bit disappointing.  Would have expected the Blackfish to put an arrow in Edmure's head before lowering the drawbridge, since he knew what would come of it.  Even his speech about not leaving his 'home' didn't resonate with me since he happily spent most of the last decade in the Vale, though I guess this was glossed over in the show.  I'm guessing Brienne & Pod may be running into the Brotherhood soon but will be interesting to see how this plays without LSH calling ths shots.

I'm not absolutely sure what the situation is regarding Dany's return, so guess I'll have to wait for next week to find out what the story is in Mereen.  A bonus point for Arya leaving Braavos at long last, as long as the next two episodes don't just see her hanging round wharves (or acting troupes) looking for a berth.

My anticipation for next week is pretty close to where it was before the Red Wedding episode, so here's hoping for a 10/10.

OK, wow. I've never given any GoT episode less than a 6, but this one really worked for its low score. 4/10. It'd get a 2 if it wasn't for Jaime and Edmure's great chat and the ridiculous (in an awesome way) chase between Arya and the Waif. Everything else played out like it was written in half an hour on the back of an actual script.

3/10 - so much jumping around and lots of garbage. Dany just appears outta nowhere huh? Arya after being stabbed I guess can go around jumping everywhere. Blackfish getting an off screen death was so garbage. They botched the entire Siege of Riverrun, gdi. This episode gets a 3 because the preview for next week was the best preview for a GoT episode I can remember.

Wow. I was so looking forward to this episode and it just failed on so many levels. 

That huge thread about whether or not Arya's story line had something going on underneath the surface or it was just bad writing. Well at least we have an answer, they played it as straight and unrealistic as absolutely possible. 

Three wasted Tyrion scenes just to rush a goodbye to Varys and allow an entrance for Dany, great.

Brienne and Pod escaping Riverrun when they already had free passage. The Blackfish commiting suicide and looking moronic, losing the opportunity to support his niece.

I gave it a 4, mostly for finally seeing something in King's Landing that was watchable. Ugh.

5 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

OK, wow. I've never given any GoT episode less than a 6, but this one really worked for its low score. 4/10. It'd get a 2 if it wasn't for Jaime and Edmure's great chat and the ridiculous (in an awesome way) chase between Arya and the Waif. Everything else played out like it was written in half an hour on the back of an actual script.

100% spot on. Exactly my thoughts. 

The only saving grace this episode was Jaime and Edmure.

Wasn't there a way to change one's vote? I gave it an 8, but really it should not be more than a 6.

The Meereen scenes were pretty awful, with little setup for what's about to happen. Disappointed on what happened to the Blackfish, as well. The trial by combat twist was probably the best part of the episode.

3 minutes ago, Table8 said:

I know everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but anyone who thinks this episode is good is an idiot.  

I mean seriously stooooopid.

Lol, what a pointless comment. If you have such strong opinion over whoever liked this episode, state without the "I know everyone is entitled yadda yadda". It was a decent episode. Predictable bits, yes, but funny to watch nonetheless. High points being the Arya and Waif chase (sounded more like an ambush to me), Jaime and Edmure chat, and the lighthearted talk between Tyrion, Missandei and Grey Worm.

Oh, and that scene of the warships bombarding the city was pretty nice. The arrival of Daenery's, though, was extremely predictable.

2 minutes ago, goomba said:

Gotta give it a 4/10 as well.

I dunno if it was the worst episode of the season, but it was very anti-climatic :( 

It's mostly the lack of potential. There was setup for the Blackfish to have Edmure's scene and do something one way or the other. Arya's storyline could have went so many different ways, more poignant ways. I thought for sure they were going somewhere, I thought we were actually going to see Nymeria when she put Arya to sleep. Also, she want's to go to More-Westeros? I guess the list is out?

How about the faith having some response to the mountain basically dismembering one of them?

6/10

I had really high expectations regarding this episode and it failed.

Good:

- Thoros and Dondarrion back. Wasn't expecting that. Combined with the Hound they'll be LSH, it seems.

- Braavos. Everything was predictable... although in the last scene I must admit I was scared to see Arya's face in the wall of faces.

- KL. Finally we got some good scenes here, with the announcement of the trial by combat being banned and Cersei's face. Priceless.

- Brienne.

Bad:

- All of Tyrion's scenes. I've never been a fan of him but now it's getting really boring and even more unnecessary with each scene. Dany's return could've been better.

- Bronn + Podd + BwB chat about getting laid and bla bla. Same thoughts as Tyrion.

5 minutes ago, Dudu42 said:

Lol, what a pointless comment. If you have such strong opinion over whoever liked this episode, state without the "I know everyone is entitled yadda yadda". It was a decent episode. Predictable bits, yes, but funny to watch nonetheless. High points being the Arya and Waif chase (sounded more like an ambush to me), Jaime and Edmure chat, and the lighthearted talk between Tyrion, Missandei and Grey Worm.

Oh, and that scene of the warships bombarding the city was pretty nice. The arrival of Daenery's, though, was extremely predictable.

I stand by my statement.  Here is exhibit A.

It was ok, pretty much another setup episode. We get the battle of Meereen and the battle of Winterfell coming. Varys is off to get help, hmmm something tells me Dorne, the army of the Sun and Littlefinger with the army of the moon.

I liked RR better in the books.

The hound was ok, but felt out of place in this episode. I enjoyed the scene but it was just him killing.

Cersei and the Mountain was decent, Tommen is an idiot.

Tyrion's scene was ok but it was like filler till the fleet arrived.

Arya, I didn't really like the scene, I'm hurt, I am not hurt, I am hurt, I am not hurt. At least the terminator died. Felt like I was watching the T1000.

It was alright.