[Poll] How would you rate episode 608?

Ran

How would you rate episode 608?  

499 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I'm tickled because my favorite character, after all she's endured from the time she's left Winterfell, is headed home to Westeros to kick some ass and take names.

I thought the chase and showdown scene with the waif were very suspenseful and I truly feared for Arya. Very pleased with the payoff and she's finally coming back to Westeros, this is huge for Arya fans, fucking epic and long awaited!!

As for the rest of the episode, the Hound hooking up w/ the BWB is interesting. Tommen just needs to be taken out at KL. I dont know whose more annoying Tommen or the HS, at this point i'm voting for Cersei to just burn down the whole Red Keep and BSept with Wfire.

Riverrun was dissapointing I was hoping for the Badass Blackfish we saw at the funeral but all I got was Edmure the traiterous backstabber, never liked that shitheel. 

Gave the episode an absolute 10/10 based on Arya finally finding the path home after her journey of suffering, the rest of the show was totally secondary to me.

p.s. Loved seeing Ser UnGregor rip a Sparrow head clean off as well lololol.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

After I voted this a 1 I was shocked at the numbers. This was by far the absolute worst episode of the season, and easily one of the worst episodes of the series. No scenes are worth watching again. Arya storyline that already was terrible somehow managed to get worse becaus she was actually the person who was stabbed last episode. Now she's obviously a fucking cyborg or something. Love to hear from the people who voted this an 8,9, or 10. 

Arya gets stabbed multiple times doing damage no doubt to vital organs...and she's running and jumping aboout soon after...even implied fighting and winning.

I get a small surgical cut to help me with my appendicitis, and am not able to go back to work for a month and cannot do certain simple things for two weeks after.

Things I liked:

The ships bombarding Meereen. Simply epic.

The Hound scenes

Jaime and Edmure, even if they changed Jaime back to a douche.

The King's Landing stuff. Really interesting twist about not being able to have trial by combats. GET UN-HYPE

Arya and the Waif doing parkour

Things I was meh:

Bronn and Pod

Dany's arrival

Things I hated:

Tyrion scenes

Jaime and Brienne 

The off screen death of the Blackfish

6/10

Edited by House Southwell

I gave it a 2 mostly cause of Edmure's speech to Jaime about how could Jaime think he was a good guy, otherwise it seems a lot of people trying to kill themselves

1. BF

2. Tommen-death by having his mother killed making him illegitimate

3. Red Shirt guy attacking Ser Big Guy

4. Arya jumping off of buildings

5. Tyrion getting drunk while his city is under attack after his only bro tips out the door

6 & 7 Miss and Grey getting drunk with Tyrion

8. Qyburn implying he found a lot of wildfire

9 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

Arya gets stabbed multiple times doing damage no doubt to vital organs...and she's running and jumping aboout soon after...even implied fighting and winning.

I get a small surgical cut to help me with my appendicitis, and am not able to go back to work for a month and cannot do certain simple things for two weeks after.

Do you see also dragons and white walkers roaming around ? 

One of the many bad episodes of this season. Its illogical and a big mess. 

Lol at how dany just shows up. Bad entrance.

Tyrion scenes are repetitive and pointless. Always drinking,chatting, and telling jokes...

And dont get me started on Arya.

So the brotherhood without banners do have some manners after all. Good. 

Edited by Alex7s

6 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

That's not the point though - the point is that Game of Thrones originally established a very gritty tone, with realistic human characters, This made the dragons and White Walkers feel more plausible, because the human elements were so believable. Arya is pulling a Shaw from Promethues, being super woman with a gut wound. It wasn't believable in that film and it isn't believable with Arya.

2 hours ago, Asshai by the Shadow said:

3/10. It's becoming more and more obvious what a huge downgrade some of this season's writing and episodes have gotten without George RR Martin's source material. But what bothered me this episode is how everything important happened OFF SCREEN!! First the Blackfish dies off screen, and then Arya's big 'showdown' with the waif is also off screen. I could not believe when she blew out the candle and it cut to the temple with JH.. i mean.. what the actual fuck? It reminded me of some B grade action movie where the budget is really low that all the big action scenes are IMPLIED off screen because of budget constraints. Like this is effing GOT man..  at this point I'm expecting someone to blow out a fucking candle next episode when the battle of Winterfel starts and next it cuts to dead bodies on the ground and Jon saying 'well that was a hard battle im glad we won now lets go back to winterfell :rolleyes:' . D&D get your shit together.

Sure, they could have shown the fights, but then we would not have had time for Tyrion and Missworms comedy night routine. I'm sure d$d know what they are doing concerning the time constraints and streamlining issues. 

:lmao::lol:

Aww Seven Hells, I couldn't say it with a strait face. :rofl: 

1 hour ago, Greg B said:

Damn, I gave it a 9, so I guess I'm stupid. Meereen was really quite bad, but everything else was so good I only docked it one point. Another great episode in a terrific season, as far as I'm concerned.

ETA: People talking about the chase scene: It wasn't a "chase," it was a "lure."

If that was intended to be a "lure" scene then they did a worse job than I initially thought, and that's saying a lot.

36 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

It has never in six seasons been established anywhere that Arya is a super human with the healing capabilities of marvels wolverine. The existence of dragons and WW's has been thoroughly established as a part of this fantasy world. Your point is irrelevant.

I'd say this one was the weakest all season so far. There were some good scenes in it, but also some random ones as well.

I enjoyed the sequence of the Hound just strolling up and murdering the brigands. It was nice to see him in action again. Though as amusing as Beric and Sandor arguing over who gets to kill who and how was, it just seemed random to make Lem and his hand renegades. It seemed just a clunky plot device to reintroduce Beric and Thoros and to bring the Hound in alignment with them.

The Riverlands plot was mixed. I enjoyed Bronn and Pod's little interaction and Jaime and Brienne's reunion was nice. Despite how the previews were trying to make it look like they were going against one another, they both seemed to understand where each other stood in this and were as aligned as they could be in the matter with their conflicting goals. Jaime and Edmure's exchange and threats was easily the highlight of the episode. Though giving the Blackfish an off screen death was... highly unsatisfying. But they did it with Dorne, so who knows? Maybe all the Stonefish speculation is true, but that would just seem bizarre. Either way the Riverland plot seems to be in a nose dive now and it's only a question of what they'll hit at rock bottom.

The Mereen scenes were... again mixed. Tyrion and Varys little scene was nice, and the book readers likely have a good idea where the story is going with his departure. Oddly enough I enjoyed the little banter between Tyrion, Grey Worm and Missandrei. His attempts to coax life out of them were almost successful and Grey Worm's "joke" did make me laugh. Until the plot just takes another random turn and oh.. .the slaver fleet is attacking with no warning whatsoever. If only Dany had a brilliant spymaster in her entourage that could've warned them of this.... speaking of her, her return was... disappointing at is was random. Did she really just use Drogon as a bus and let him go? That scene ending on a cliffhanger of Drogon breathing fire at the camera as he swoops end would've been all the hook we needed to keep us wanting more.

Cersei's scenes... well the whole "I choose violence" scene just seems to have been trailer bait because it did nothing for the plot. With all the "burn them all" and wildfire flashbacks this season, Qyburn's little "secret" is fairly plain what it's building up to. And what the hell is up with Tommen? A few episodes ago he was crying saying he'd never let his mother get hurt again. Now he drinks the koolaid and is all but condemning her to a kangaroo court? So the one interesting build up to all this, Cleganebowl, was canceled. Fuck the king.

Arya... ugh. I did like the actress giving Cersei a Shakespearean spin, though I'm still scratching my head at the whole sequence of events with her relationship with Arya. Arya couldn't go through with killing her and warned her about the young actress so she struck at her first. So did she just randomly take Arya at her word... or did Arya tell her everything? In that case why the heck is she sheltering Arya given how much the Faceless Men are known and feared in Braavos? I dunno. The chase scene was neat, up until the point you remember she just got gutstabbed repeatedly last episode. But hey, she was sewed up and got a night's sleep, so right as rain? The cowering in the dark hole bit would've been neat except for it was rather... predictable. Also... what the heck is up with Arya just storming into the House of Black and White to mouth off to Jaqen? Oh don't get me wrong, it was badass, but.... what was the point of any of it? Her scenes the past two seasons were incredibly repetitive and all for her just to say fuck off when she's accepted in? And Jaqen let her do that?

So we have pointless ends to the Blackfish's story, Tyrion's peace negotiations, Cersei's trial by combat and Arya's entire Braavos arc. Meh. This one gets 4/10. Next episode better live up to the hype.

A 2.  That was weak all around.  It's even more weak when you consider 2 seasons have been building up to this shit. 2 years of Arya fighting the Waif just for her to be stupid and then not show the final confrontation. I was looking forward to seeing what clever method they would use to show a battle in the dark. Of course D & D are lazy and won't even try.  The pitch dark blackness moment should just have been the end of the battle anyway. Before that, there would need to be some back and forth battle, some payoff after making us sit through 2 years of Arya getting beat with a stick, something to show us that Arya has progressed.

Arya could have just never been stabbed and simply ran from the Waif to trap her in her hideout in the darkness.  All that pointlessness could have been cut off easily and the show would be better for it.  Arya would be a smarter character.  The only thing the cliffhanger last episode did was let fans come up with way smarter ideas for Arya's storyline.  Instead they went with the dumbest idea of them all.  Have Arya be an uncharacteristically oblivious idiot strolling through the city unaware of her surrounding when she should have been expecting an attack and then have her be running through the streets right after being stabbed several times in the stomach. It may be the worst writing the show has ever done. She should be in excruciating pain just standing.

2 seasons of boring in King's Landing for nothing since there's no trial. Riverrun was pointless because Jaime has not developed as a character. He's doing everything for Cersei.

A good performance by the actor that plays Edmure was just sort of ruined when Edmure reveals himself as a shithead ordering his men to capture Blackfish instead of letting him go. And the Blackfish wants to commit suicide instead of escaping or helping Sansa. That makes a lot of sense.

Another pointless scene of Tyrion drinking with boring lame characters. Tyrion is no better in Meereen than he was in the book getting to Meereen. 

Cringey "smells like pussy", "finger in the asshole", and "magic cock" dialogue.

Good actors and good production wasted on abysmal writing.

4/10. This episode was not only messy and dull, it also seemed to perversely take glee in squashing a great many great theories/story aspirations (BYE BYE CLEGANE BOWL), while continuing to rape the character of Jaime in ways that blow my mind. They way they've handled Arya and her story these last three episodes is really piss poor. A crime against Arya is a crime against me.

The glimmer of hope.... if Cersei is going to burn down KL with Wildfire, than perhaps Jaime will finally snap, restore his honorable side, and fulfill the prophecy by strangling the life out of dear big sister Cersei.

Tommen has got to be the dumbest and most gullible character i've seen in the series, seriously what's up with that one ?
Sansa who was pretty naive pretty much snapped up after seeing what Joffrey had done, Tommen was essentially putting his own mother to sentence. WTF

Edited by redtree

Just now, redtree said:

Tommen has got to be the dumbest and most gullible character i've seen in the series, seriously what's up with that one ?
Sansa who was pretty naive pretty much snapped up after seeing what Joffrey had done, Tommen was essentially putting his own mother to sentence. WTF

Almost wish we had Joffrey back. He would've stormed the Sept on day one. Sure Marg and Loras would likely die, but at least a Tyrell/Lannister war might be more interesting than... whatever we have now.

2/10 Such a disappointment. Unless they make something HUGE out of whole Riverrun story in the two following episodes I will join D&D haters (which I was not up to now). Why did they introduce this siege at all? Blackfish dying off screen?? I liked the last episode because I expected it is the introduction to something big. But they killed all the potential.

Better not to start with Arya... It was sooooo lame. Only good thing is we hear "Arya Stark of Winterfell" and that is the reason I gave it 2 and  not 1. 

Edited by IvanStark