[Poll] How would you rate episode 608?

Ran

How would you rate episode 608?  

499 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

37 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

It has never in six seasons been established anywhere that Arya is a super human with the healing capabilities of marvels wolverine. The existence of dragons and WW's has been thoroughly established as a part of this fantasy world. Your point is irrelevant.

I agree it is poor writing, but it's not entirely impossible to survive those kind of injuries. I always wondered why they made the stabbing look so graphic ... 

What an absolutely terribly put together episode, not only was the writing abysmal but it just felt disjointed. Was I watching three seperate shows? Poor politcal drama, bad comedy and just... Shaking my head, fam! :( 2/10 at best, points given for Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's acting.

I don't get why they had to make characters like Lemon Cloak into villains, they could have just had a random mercenery thug kill Hound's friends and the BWB would find these thugs first, atleast the fan theory of Hound becoming a Faith's champion was sort of confirmed now, as he might become the Lord of Light's champion.... Hound for Azor Ahai anyone? :P

That Tyrion, Missandei and Greyworm scene was so abysmal, let's not forget Arya having super healing generation, I guess her warging abilities in the show have translated into a regeneration capabilities, what a terrible payoff to last week's cliffhanger that had fans either come up with creative answers or already know it was bad writing.

Poor Blackfish, another great actor they had cast for the role gets the biggest insult out there, a off-screen death. :[ Edmure Tully's character gets ruined at the same time and yeah, how on earth did Blackfish ever control the Tully forces? Edmure Tully's political "skills" had good men surrender, noone wanted to put up a fight anymore? Even though they had supplies that lasted for 2 years?

Next episode looks like a big boring battle scene, is this what Game of Thrones has been reduced to since last season? Everyone just waiting for that 9th episode, blow the budget and hope everyone likes it despite the entire season being so dull?

7 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

I agree it is poor writing, but it's not entirely impossible to survive those kind of injuries. I always wondered why they made the stabbing look so graphic ... 

My guess is sensationalism, d$d's trademark.

Weakest episode this season. Nothing played out well. Jaime meeting Brienne, was on the lower spectrum of ok. Bronn meeting Pod was lame, Mountainstein missed out killing Lancel,Tommens clock ticking louder than ever, Tyrion had another weak one with the boring ones, the attack on Meeren was lame, Dany was cheese and the worst of all was Aryas bullshit survival. Jaqen somewhat saved the final scene albeit it was full of cheddar. The whole Riverrun episode was somewhat off. I cant decide if this or the Waif going T-1000 was worst. The Arya chase drama had the whole stuffed Connor cheezy crust sprinkled with Prometheus stomach healing properties. It was all foreseeable like the rest of the episode. The only one saving this mess was the Hounds dick. Weaksaucy 5 from me.

No more Terminator references please. Dany stepping out of the fire and the Waifs impressive interpretation of the T-1000 are more than enough.

Edited by GilletteMace

4/10 

That cheesy conversation with the actress and Arya (is domestic abuse badass now?), the awful "butthole" jokes, the Hound butchering the man's groin - is this show written by 14 year olds? Grey Worm doesn't know what a joke is. Tyrion wants everyone to drink, oh and his own vineyard. This scene goes on forever. Dany's return was the most underwhelming and pitiful scenes they've done all season. Rivverun felt like filler. So the Blackfish either escaped again, or died off-screen (what is it with them wasting actors now?) and Jaime loves Cersei long-time. Ugh, just ugh. Also Arya fighting the Waif was mehly done. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Drew said:

the awful "butthole" jokes, the Hound butchering the man's groin - is this show written by 14 year olds?

The Hound shouldn't have said, 'You're shit at dying' he should have said, 'You're shit at kissing' :D

The only scenes I think were decent were the Jaime/Brienne once. There was a lot of cheese involved, indeed, but since this couple is pretty much the only "believable" one. I'm not one of their shippers by any mean but I am ok with a little bit of romance here and there, it doesn't make the show terrible.

I also liked the chase in Braavos. The issue I have is that the FM are supposed to be a top secret assassins guild or something, nobody is supposed who they are and what they do and yet... we see these two going all T-1000 in crowded streets, no wearing any faces. Anyone from Essos or Westeros could see that.

The rest was just terrible writing.

I gave it a very generous 5, probably thanks to the Hounds dick (yeah, I paused on that).

Edited by ColorsVersatile

Terrible episode. I struggle to give it a passing grade.

The writing this episode is the culmination of 2 seasons of poorly cobbled together plot points.

Arya - We have wasted two seasons of her in Braavos. The Waif T1000's her through the streets and all of a sudden, nah Im going back to Westeros. Episodes upon episodes of her fighting whilst blind and working up to becomming a Faceless Man. For what purpose? If the budget is so tight, did we really need all of this?

Riverrun - Siege is introduced this season, we had a total of what two or three episodes on it with the Blackfish making his return to slink off and die off screen in the biggest let down of the season. I have numerous issues with Riverrun.

Blackfish says Edmure is a marked man last episode, Jamie this episode states his son has been born. Ok, if his son has been born, there is an heir to Riverrun and an heir to the Twins. Why is Edmure still breathing? Theres no way Waldr would allow Jamie to threaten the child. Why on earth would Brienne travel, literally thousands of miles and then accept a simple "Nah" from Blackfish (ignoring the fact that she made it there that damn quick).

Why would Brienne sneak out the backdoor? She was given free passage she can just wander out. Why is it fine for Brienne to send a Raven from Riverrun to Sansa but not a Raven from Sansa to Riverrun? WUT.

Blackfish killed off screen. Was credited to budget issues. If the budget is this bad, WHY DID YOU INTRODUCE RIVERRUN?! There was nothing here that could not have advanced Jamie and Briennes plot that could not have been done elsewhere for far less money. Showwatchers have forgotten the Blackfish and Edmure, just write them off. Instead we got a two episode plot that just angered us.

Before we leave Riverrun - The Hound, him pissing in the river is pretty much D&D at this point trying to be clever by injecting a stab at the book readers by pissing all over LSH. *clap clap* you think youre clever.

Meereen. Useless dialogue between Grey Worm and Missandei. Oh look Dany is back just in time for the Seige of Meereen. THE SAVIOUR HAS RETURNED *vomit* Oh look at all those ships! As if Urine Greyjoy's 1000 ship fleet wasnt enough we have the Masters!

Kings Landing - Trial By Combat now banned?! The Faith Militant - whos very role is to enforce the Sevens rule by military might doesnt want combat because its violent? WUT. In other news, Cleganebowl, hold the hype. Cersei must be convicted now, does Tommen really believe he is a Baratheon? Where does this go? It doesnt make sense because the High Septon has invested so much into Maergary and Tommen. Tommen will be chucked off the throne as soon as Cersei goes to trial. Unless the Throne then goes to the Faith *shrug*

Edited by Misnthropia

A 6.

Good:

Jaime and Edmure, though I would've left out the "I'm doing this to get back to Cersei" part.

The surrender of Riverrun was not as different from the book as I was expecting, aside from Edmure commanding the BF to be imprisoned and the BF eventually dying.

Arya and the waif's chase scene was dumb but entertaining

The Hound and the BWB

The banning of the trial by combat was unexpected. It's interesting how things will go with this development. Surely we all can forget about Cleganebowl now?

The Mountain killing the Faith Militant guy.

Bad:

Did they just make Tyrion look like a dumbfuck in order to make Dany look good? Tyrion, one of the most keen political minds in the series, blundered in such a way that made him look like an arrogant and unexperienced fool. Dany should pretty much kill him now, as all he did was worsen the situation really.

The Blackfish dying off screen.

Weak payoff to the Arya story this season.

Dany's return was... awkward. She just walks in, looks at everyone, music plays.... cut. What?

Tyrion has become the most cringeworthy character to watch. How did they manage to do that? Drinking wine and shitty jokes is all they have for him now. He's become a comedic relief.

It was not bad per se, but for GoT standards it was pretty meh, kind of like the rest of this season.

1 hour ago, Rhollo said:

I decided to not give a rating at all because I feel there wasn't enough in that episode to base a rating on. Nothing good, nothing bad, just nothing.

Well, they like to portray that "nothing is nothing" so that fits. :)

I gave it a 2, which was high all things considered, but actors and cinematography should be rewarded.

The only things that pleased me were Arya saying her name and that the Hound is going North.  He needs to get to Sansa to tell her Littlefinger betrayed Ned.  That's all I can hope for from this show, and I know in my heart they'll louse that up too.

1 hour ago, Drz said:

What an absolutely terribly put together episode, not only was the writing abysmal but it just felt disjointed. Was I watching three seperate shows? Poor politcal drama, bad comedy and just... Shaking my head, fam! :( 2/10 at best, points given for Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's acting.

I don't get why they had to make characters like Lemon Cloak into villains, they could have just had a random mercenery thug kill Hound's friends and the BWB would find these thugs first, atleast the fan theory of Hound becoming a Faith's champion was sort of confirmed now, as he might become the Lord of Light's champion.... Hound for Azor Ahai anyone? :P

That Tyrion, Missandei and Greyworm scene was so abysmal, let's not forget Arya having super healing generation, I guess her warging abilities in the show have translated into a regeneration capabilities, what a terrible payoff to last week's cliffhanger that had fans either come up with creative answers or already know it was bad writing.

Poor Blackfish, another great actor they had cast for the role gets the biggest insult out there, a off-screen death. :[ Edmure Tully's character gets ruined at the same time and yeah, how on earth did Blackfish ever control the Tully forces? Edmure Tully's political "skills" had good men surrender, noone wanted to put up a fight anymore? Even though they had supplies that lasted for 2 years?

Next episode looks like a big boring battle scene, is this what Game of Thrones has been reduced to since last season? Everyone just waiting for that 9th episode, blow the budget and hope everyone likes it despite the entire season being so dull?

Couldn't have put it better myself!  I've not been commenting over here for a while, but Jeez - that has to be the worst episode of Thrones I've ever seen.  My 5/10 was for some good actors trying to do their best, and some of the cinematography.  But, gods, it was abysmal.  What a let down.

I was disappointed with this episode and that's because the season is almost over and we still get filler scenes.

KL- I liked that trials by combat are banned. I hated the idea of Sandor and Gregor fighting in a trial of combat. 

Riverun- The set looked great. Edmure finally got to speak. I did not like that the Blackfish died. I wish he would have gone with Brienne.    BTW Brienne wanted to send a raven to Sansa. How? Isn't she on the move? Jamie's honor went down the drain and his love for Cersei make's me puke. It feels overdone. 

Mereen- More screentime wasted on Tyrion telling jokes and drinking. Accompanied, of course, by Missandei and Greyworm. Same old repetitive scenes and words exchanges. Every Tyrion scene is cringe-worthy. He gets so much screen time, yet it's the same thing over and over again. I am glad Dany arrived, but I do not like the way they did it.

Arya-I liked her talk with Jaqen and that she is going home. The rest of her scenes are well acted, but lack logic. Killing the Waif offscreen was disappointing.

Sandor- His scenes were my favorite from this episode. He is more calm (he actually took his time to explain to the BWB why he was after those guys), yet he is still a a warrior and not some pious person. I was happy to see Beric and Thoros again. I am thrilled by the BWB and Sandor team-up. Finally we get a glimpse that Sandor has a higher purpose, not just to kill his brother. I am eager to see them go North where the real threat is. At this point a meeting with the Stark girls is possible.

That really was a terrible episode, about as bad as the first episode of this season. KL was okay, fairly interesting all things considered. The only scene I enjoyed was the Hound with the BWB. The preceding sequence with the Hound killing those men was absolutely dreadful though.

I cannot think of a single word that reasonably describes just how bad some of this episode was. Meereen, Riverrun and Braavos were some of the worst sequences in the entire series. Even "execrable" doesn't do them justice.

7 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

That really was a terrible episode, about as bad as the first episode of this season. KL was okay, fairly interesting all things considered. The only scene I enjoyed was the Hound with the BWB. The preceding sequence with the Hound killing those men was absolutely dreadful though.

I cannot think of a single word that reasonably describes just how bad some of this episode was. Meereen, Riverrun and Braavos were some of the worst sequences in the entire series. Even "execrable" doesn't do them justice.

:lol: I had the same issue. Someone earlier suggested the word "santorum" to me. :ack: 

I gave this episode a 4/10  This is probably one of the worst episodes.

Biggest Pros:  Sandor's scenes ( excluding that bald guy  ) Cersei's scenes and Jamie's dialogue with Edmure, 

Biggest Cons: Dick jokes, off screen deaths, cringey dialogue, and Blackfish choosing to die rather then help Sansa.