[Poll] How would you rate episode 608?

Ran

How would you rate episode 608?  

499 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

7 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

:lol: I had the same issue. Someone earlier suggested the word "santorum" to me. :ack: 

:lol:

:stillsick:

I think the Hound/Beric/Thoros sequence saved it from being the worst ever GoT episode. That's as positive as I can be.

3/10.

Definitely the worst GoT episode ever. The whole writing was just abysmal. Nothing made any sense whatsoever. I thought episode 1 was bad, but this one reaches a whole new level of sucking.

Riverrun- I don't get it why they even bothered to introduce this plot. All of it just seems pointless. BF's suicide was just plain stupid. Brienne and Pod sneaking out of the castle seemed completely unnecessary. Jaime still talking about his love for Cersei makes me cringe.  

The Hound and the BwB: Those scenes (except for the butthole "joke" ofc) were the only OK part of the episode. Nothing special there, but ok. 

Meeren: It was just painful to watch it. One of the worst attempts at comedy I have ever seen. Dany's arrival was so predictable and why did she let Drogon fly away?

King's Landing: Tommen seems to be trying very hard to get himself declared an abomination.

Braavos: Arya's scenes were the worst part of the episode. This also makes me regret rating last week's episode 6/10. Logic took a serious hit there and I don't want to offend anyone, but whoever liked those scenes has to be at least a bit retarded. She gets stabbed 4 times in the abdomen and after some good sleep, she can run and jump like a ninja. Did she gain Naruto's powers while she was sleeping? The whole chase scene was so bad and frustrating it made me want to throw something at my TV. And just when I thought this couldn't get any worse, Arya goes to the House of Black and White to face Jaqen, knowing that he was the one who sent the Waif after her and that she stood no chance if it came to a fight when she could've stayed hidden until she found a way to escape. The fact that he just lets her go after she tells him she's Arya Stark and he even seems pleased to hear that is pure nonsense.

After this episode, I'm joining the "I hate D$D" club. A monkey could have done a better job than them. If I had to rate only the writing, I'd give it a -∞.

Edited by kd18

6 minutes ago, kd18 said:

I don't want to offend anyone, but whoever liked those scenes has to be at least a bit retarded. She gets stabbed 4 times in the abdomen and after some good sleep, she can run and jump like a ninja. Did she gain Naruto's powers while she was sleeping? The whole chase scene was so bad and frustrating it made me want to throw something at my TV. And just when I thought this couldn't get any worse, Arya goes to the House of Black and White to face Jaqen, knowing that he was the one who sent the Waif after her and that she stood no chance if it came to a fight when she could've stayed hidden until she found a way to escape. The fact that he just lets her go after she tells him she's Arya Stark and he even seems pleased to hear that is pure nonsense.

After this episode, I'm joining the "I hate D$D" club. A monkey could have done a better job than them. If I had to rate only the writing, I'd give it a -∞.

I liked the chase in Braavos very much because I think it was entertaining but I will happily agree with the fact that there is no logic whatsoever in Arya's regen superpowers and Jaqen's behaviour.
I would also like to point out that the chase itself, in the streets of Braavos, not in disguise, and in the plain view of citizens (and foreigners?) was nonsense. The FM are supposed to be the most secretive and dangerous assassins in Essos/Westeros.

Welcome to the club!

2/10.

They have simply lost it. No only was this episode boring, it was simply embarassing. Every plot idea was at best unsurprising or downright absurde and stupid. Every plotline is going in circles, the whole Riverrun plotline doesn't seem to have served anything, and they must have spent ridiculous amounts of money on those scenes. The scene with Tyrion, Grey Worm and Missandei was even worse than the first one, I'd much prefer the latters' relationship story to go on than watching any more scenes with them and Tyrion. One of the worst: Pod and Bronn, but hey, the NEEDED another dick joke, because they are the reason people are watching GoT ...

Also, I'm calling it now: The Hound will fight Ramsay, and probably kill him, even if he dies himself. I hope I'm wrong, it would be so ridiculouly obvious. And since Arya will probably arrive in Winterfell next week, he'll see her again.

14 minutes ago, kd18 said:

She gets stabbed 4 times in the abdomen and after some good sleep, she can run and jump like a ninja. Did she gain Naruto's powers while she was sleeping? The whole chase scene was so bad and frustrating it made me want to throw something at my TV.

I know right, from the last episode where she got stabbed, they showed the bloody knife and it looked pretty deep. It's impossible for 3+ inch deep stab wound in a girl her size not to at least prick an organ. The waif did multiple stabs yet she calmly walked after that, too illogical for me

25 minutes ago, redtree said:

I know right, from the last episode where she got stabbed, they showed the bloody knife and it looked pretty deep. It's impossible for 3+ inch deep stab wound in a girl her size not to at least prick an organ. The waif did multiple stabs yet she calmly walked after that, too illogical for me

She even twisted the knife. The waif stabbed and twist.

Arya at 10 years old is the most resilient Stark in history.

Edited by Misnthropia

22 minutes ago, redtree said:

What bothers me the most is how it was in no way necessary for the plot that Arya had those serious injuries. If the first attack by the Waif had just resulted in something like, say, a stab in the Arm (because Arya realized what was about to happen and managed to defend herself to some degree), the whole recovery & chase thing wouldn't have been so utterly ridicolous. And also, the Waif wouldn't have looked like such an incompetent assassin for not killing her first try.

All that served was a "Oh my god, is Arya dead"-scare that lasted 5 seconds and i guess most people didn't buy anyway..

I went with a 6. I found plenty of things to like about this episode. I think it helps that I don't take book items and try to hold the show to them, separate entities.

The Hound - I am so glad that it appears he will be trying to help against the WW and not some stupid Clegane bowl. That whole fan fiction fight never made sense to me, especially in the show. Now he needs to get Heartsbane so he has a great sword made of valyrian steel. Hopefully this scene ends all thoughts and rumors about LSH making an appearance. For a split second I thought when the Hound was pissing in the water that she would float up.

Arya - Yeah, I am not happy about how this played out. They really should have left her injury from Ep 7 to just the gut slash. The whole stab and twist thing made this hard to swallow, but this is a fantasy show. I mean there are dragons, tree people, wargs and people who can change their faces. At least we finally got her to say who she was, she is Arya Stark of House Stark of Winterfell.

KL - Yeah, that sparrow that attacked the mountain would have killed a man, those spikes would have been in his heart, but since it's undead Gregor, well you get your head ripped off instead. Pretty clear that we are going to see Cersei burn the city down. Qyburn obviously found the wildfire stashes she told him about. Cersei can see that she has lost Tommen now and has nothing left. Nice twist to end the trial by combat, Cersei's one wildcard she had left to play. Hopefully this happens in Ep10 and doesn't stretch out to next year.

Mereen - yeah, Tyrion, Grey Worm and MIssande don't work well together. It's like oil and water when it's just them. So, what would Vary's secret mission to Westeros be? What house is he going to try to sway Dany's way? Will he be heading to Storms end and such instead of fAegon? And I at least got one thing right, it was Drogon landing on the pyramid. Do we get a battle for slavers bay this season, the siege is happening now so maybe Ep 10 Yara arrives to help break the siege. Then Dany has the Iron born ships and what ever ships from Volantis survive.

Riverrun - Couple nice reunions. Bronn giving Pod a little lesson in true fighting was funny. I liked Jaime and his speech to Edmure, I prefer that he is staying true to who he was early on, I don't mind this at all. Now, once Cersei burns KL to the ground we will likely see Jaime break down. It was a nice nod from him to mention how Catelyn and Cersei would do anything to save their kids, including burning cities to ash. I fully understand the soldiers at Riverrun letting Edmure in, he is the Lord of that castle. Plus I don't think many of them wanted to die for it! I just wish we had seen the BF go out in style. Although, they likely would have had Bronn be the one to do it and then everyone would be bitching about bad ass Bronn again.

8 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

3/10.   I hated Arya's story line last week and just knew there was no way the things that happened could have been what I saw.  I racked my brain trying to figure out what clever twist they had in store.   Epic failure on my part.    Good to see the Hound back to his old self again and a tickling surprise to see Beric & Thoros.   The siege of River Run wasn't really a siege at all.  Wham Bam it's over Baby.  Deeply unsatisfying.  I'm ashamed of myself for watching really.  

Your not alone

2 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I went with a 6. I found plenty of things to like about this episode. I think it helps that I don't take book items and try to hold the show to them, separate entities.

I'm getting tired of this "Whoever dislikes the show must be a nerdy book purist who doesn't understand that show and book are different". Yeah. I get that. I don't expect the show to follow the books. I expect it to tell a good story about interesting characters. It doesn't. It does the exact fucking opposite. That's why I dislike it.

Just now, Gargarax said:

I'm getting tired of this "Whoever dislikes the show must be a nerdy book purist who doesn't understand that show and book are different". Yeah. I get that. I don't expect the show to follow the books. I expect it to tell a good story about interesting characters. It doesn't. It does the exact fucking opposite. That's why I dislike it.

Funny I don't remember typing anything like that. I simply said I don't mix the two. I don't give two shits that you dislike it or why.

10 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Funny I don't remember typing anything like that. I simply said I don't mix the two. I don't give two shits that you dislike it or why.

Good if you didn't, but that's the standard reply people have been getting for a long time in this thread for disliking stuff. I saw your comment as yet another of those condescending remarks - sorry if I was wrong, but it sounded that way.

I don't think it was terrible at all but I certainly felt underwhelmed at the end.  Mereen felt rushed although I am quickly reaching the point in both the books and show where I just want to skip any Dany material.  The Hound stuff was good, I felt some tension that Stoneheart would appear then nothing. Same with Arya and the waif a big build up then a feeling of what that was it?

6 for me, and that's generous.  Most of the episodes this far I've been a high marker compared to others but this disappointed in several ways.

Arya.  No tinfoil - fine - but then what the flippety flop was she doing in the last episode, if that really was her?  How stupid do you have to be to draw attention to yourself and then just chill - unarmed - enjoying the view from the bridge?  Knowing that the Worlds' Deadliest Assassins(tm) were after you?   And that wound would have killed her - no way that knife didn't pierce an intestine and it was twisted.  She would have died of septic shock even if she hadn't jumped into a canal full of human waste and Seven knows what else.  A cuddle, a bandage and a light opioid (which is what Milk of the Poppy seems to be) would not have changed that, and with the abs pierced like that no way could she do that parkour.  Her end scene with Jaqen was strong and nicely done, but the rest was ridiculous - out of character and poorly written (and I'm not usually one who thinks that of GoT - like I said, I tend to give higher marks than most on here).  I did like that Lady Crane had changed her lines per Arya's suggestion but that was nowhere near enough to save a very poorly written arc.  Bring on the book.

Cleganebowl DENIED.  Get Lowpe.  A bit meh but good to have the Hound back so hopefully better is round the corner.

Mereen - really?  Really?

Riverrun - like last week this was a highlight for me and it's a shame it's over.  Jaime and Brienne's scene was beautifully put together, well acted and well shot.  The only thing I didn't get was Blackfish choosing certain death over helping his niece.  Did like the Jaime-Brienne Wave Of Poignancy at the end of it.

Kings Landing.  Cersei's November The Fifth (apologies to non-UK readers for the UK reference) has already been heavily foreshadowed - I think they took it too far in this episode as it's pretty much certain now how it's going to go down.  They could have left a little doubt and not made it blindingly obvious.  The actor who plays Tommen did a great job portraying his weakness and Headey was superb as always - she gets a lot of nuance just in her face and the way she holds herself.  Cleganebowl RE-DENIED.  Get Lowper.    "I choose violence" was a brilliant line well set up, but what followed was, well, I really should try to find a synonym for meh so as not to repeat myself so much.

Maybe my expectations were too high but really this was a disappointing episode for me.  The stupidity of Arya - quite out of character, she was very resourceful previously, fooling Tywin among other things, tricking Jaqen to get out of Harrenhal, taking out Meryn Trant - and the unreality of her survival really set a bad tone from the start. 

Whole episode next week is Winterfell, obvs, leaving The Burning Of Kings Landing, ToJ redux and Ominous Things Oop North for Ep 10.  I think the wall isn't coming down this season (it's coming down fo'shizzle, but probably not yet) but would quite like to be wrong on that.

43 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Can people stop peddling this tired line out?

If you look in this thread you will find it hard to find someone actually comparing them to book details. Many here are criticizing the show plotlines as show plot lines. Separating them does not make them any better.

Riverrun was still a utter waste of time. Arya was still 2 seasons of "Cool, now im going home" and Brienne just traveled halfway round the world to hear "Nope" and then got in a rowboat.

Edited by Misnthropia

Arya blew out the candle and my TV cable went off at that exact same moment.  At first I thought I was watching "THE SOPRANOs" finale ending again.  Then I got POed because I had to wait an hour for the rerun  to find out what happened and wished I hadnt.  Waif may be well trained but should never have been given field work until she made up the missed classes in stealth.  Worse assassin ever.

Gave it a 7.5 rounded up to an 8 because no episode of this show deserves lower than a baseline of 6.

Lady Crane actress would have been a better Cercei than we got with Lena.

Thommen basically condemmed his mother to lose.  What is it with Cercei['s children anyway?  Stupid males are either snowflakes or have a masochistic, tyranical bent and girl has the worse luck ever.  Must be the inbreeding and the gypsy frog lady curse.

The Hound (and the Mountain) were highlights of this episode, How can you kill the Mountain if "that which is dead can never die"? Edmure disappointed as a character but the actor did well.  He and Jamie worked well together.

Blackfish should have at least had a better death, not died at the hands of a few ignoble nameless soldiers offscreen.  Too badass to go out that way. 

What with all the hangings lately?  Last week the Septon, this week the outlaws and The Swede (Norweigan).  Let the Hound at em with his Paul Bunyan Ax.

Dany falls off her dragon and re enters the pyramid while the fleet attacks. Why not a little dragon fire for them?  She never fails to underwhelm given the opportunity.

The Hound still prefers chicken!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ser Graymax

Yeah... This was definitely the weakest episode of the entire season. It was 70% filler 25% bullshit and 5% badly written plot progress. 

The one reason I gave it 3 instead of 1 is the master level of trolling. I mean one just doesn't get better at trolling the audience than D&D. It is poetic. It is an art they have perfected. Master of Ships, Master of Whispers, Master of Coin, get off it. Master of Trolling. 

After my initial what the fuck was that reaction all I could do was laugh for half an hour. The episode title makes all the sense now. 

Who gets epic faith militant slaughter by FrankenGregor? No one. 

Who gets Cleganebowl? No one. 

Who gets Mountain vs anybody? No one. 

Who gets LHS? No one. 

Who gets epic Jaime vs Brienne combat? No one. 

Who gets a Tully army to get back Winterfell? No one. 

Who gets an epic Blackfish fight? No one. 

Who gets an Arya is not Arya twist? No one. 

Who gets Syrio Forel? No one. 

Who gets epic duel between Arya and the Waif? No one. 

Who gets fight club Arya? No one. 

Who gets Ironfleet? No one. 

Who is right about their guesses? No one. 

Who can write a screenplay? No one. 

2 minutes ago, Misnthropia said:

If you look in this thread you will find it hard to find someone actually comparing them to book details. Many here are criticizing the show plotlines as show plot lines. Separating them does not make them any better.

True.

I stopped comparing books and show some while ago and honestly, it didn't do the show any favors either because most plotlines become even duller and more confusing whithout projecting the backstory from the books onto them.

6 minutes ago, Rhollo said:

True.

I stopped comparing books and show some while ago and honestly, it didn't do the show any favors either because most plotlines become even duller and more confusing whithout projecting the backstory from the books onto them.

Agreed. With Book backstory you can kinda get an idea of what theyre TRYING to do.

Right now, you cant even get that.