[Poll] How would you rate episode 608?

Ran

How would you rate episode 608?  

499 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

3 hours ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

That's right. Thats why my biggest concern is GoT becoming LOST 2.0

It could never become that, IMO. I was out of shows and started rewatching some lost last weekend. The sheer amount of unsolved mysteries they pack into even the first season its mind boggling, especially knowing most are never explained or explained badly. 

This shows getting bad, and could be an absolute trainwreck in the end, but it wont be for the same type of bad writing IMO. 

Well, folks, this one sure wasn`t the best episode so far this season, but it was decent. It had some nice moments. I didn`t like the fact that The Blackfish was killed off backstage, so to say, without getting a proper heroic goodbye. He was a nice fella and deserved a cute death scene.

The chat between Brienne and Jaime, the whole interraction between these two was awesome, The dialogue wasn`t great as hell, but id did the most important thing - showed us that they both have mutual respect towardas one another, but still support their proper cause. Brienne is loyal as fuck to Sansa while Jaime wants to bang Cersei and that`s his aim in life \sadly this great character has been diminished to these desired mainly in the TV-series/.

Tyrion scene with Turco Nudo and the black whore back in Mereen was terrible. I like the dwarf so much, but still can`t stand this pointless secne. Danny arrived form outa nowhere but I enjoyed that.

The Hound gets too much air-time, I wanna see UnGregor destroy that little puppyq save is GRRM.

In King`s Landing the story gets even more interesting from my point of view. The boy-king must die soon. I didn`t expect that twist with the ban of trial by combat and it`s a nice idea. But I should say that Tommen is very annoying. On the other side Margaery`s titts are perfect and she deserves a better and bigger cock to fill her. I wanna see Tyrion bang her brains out.

On a more serious note, the best part of episode 8 was the Arya arc. As a big fan of her I am happy enough that she is still among the living and is now probably goin in the direction of Sansa the stupid twat and her bastard brother Jon fockin snow. Arya killed the Waif and you can`t teach that. It was nice that we saw Jaquen was content with Arya Stark not being no one, but becoming Arya Stark once again, this time ready to fock all the bad guys.

Edited by The Lord of Crows

My least favorite episode of the season, and one of the least satisfying episodes of the entire show. I normally rewatch every episode. Won't touch this one again. 

Cleganebowl = dead. 

LSH = all but confirmed we won't get her now. 

Arya's 2 season arc in Braavos ends with her having accomplished, what, exactly? 2 full years of total waste. 

Dany's super-dragon-uber-right-on-time act is getting sillier and sillier. 

What was the point of this entire Rivverun arc?

Seeing the Hound do some stuff, and Jaime / Brienne having a few great scenes, were really the only things that were decent in this episode. 

Overall = 3.5 / 10 

21 hours ago, Ser Creighton said:

Just a couple of things, I was not a fan of the FM arc on the show, but I think it made one point. Arya learned to fight in the dark. It's not about beating the Waif, and how she over came her. She was always going to beat the waif. It's more than likely a tool for the long night. As Bran was told in the books, make the Darkness your armor. Well essentially that is what Arya did. I believe it ties to a future plot point. It also connects to Arya in the books hiding in the Darkness, which she does after Ned is killed. At it's essence in that moment Arya became the sword in the Darkness. So I had some appreciation for that symbolism. Not so much for the chase and on and off again wound.

In both books and show Riverrun ends without violence, and I agree I liked the Jaime Brie interactions, I do not agree this will be the last time. That said I would like to think there is more of a point to the Blackfish dying, and some are saying Lord Blackheart. Which is why the BwB is back. It was also pointed out the Beric wants the Hound to come with them North, and that Brie is in the Riverlands and also headed north. So we may get a Hound/Sansa reunion as well as Brie and Sansa reuniting and Brie Hound which should make for an interesting conversation.

You find gullible teenagers hard to believe? Tommen is soft and indecisive that is the nature of his character. He is easy to manipulate. I did not think anything interesting happened there other than the set up to the Wildfire bomb, but did not think it was bad.

Meereen. Oh dear lord it has been painful. Are they even writing dialogue for them or they just sitting in a room making stuff up. Oh and by way the way Missy, Greyworm and Tyrion, look around take the hint and bend the knee, Queen, not the Queen, that's how it works.

Varys and Tyrion I thought had a good scene. Just that joke scene was so bad. Dany gets no lines and that trio got that disaster of a scene?

It was a setup episode, again, and not a great one. But there do seem to be some hints of what direction they were going. I would remember Arya fighting in Darkness and look at that connection moving forward with her story. 

12 pages of posts and yours is the first one in which my thoughts are completely aligned! I agree with you on all points you made. Regarding Arya and the darkness, I just watched S3 E5 again; Melisandre tells Arya she sees Darkness in her and pairs of eyes that will be closed by Arya. 

9 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I think its more about how Jamie see's himself. He is clearly conflicted about wanting to be good and having to constantly do evil deeds to get things done. Seeing Brienne seems to be the turning point for that. I'm guessing once he gets back to Cercei he will see the bit of himself he hates within her and start to move away.

Hopefully my god!

The character arc Jamie has had, his continued unflinching commitment (or love) to Cersei just not making as much sense.  I mean how could anyone love Cersei that much.  Even Jamie.  Plus brother/sister thing.  For god sakes move on already, your Jamie Lannister shouldn't be hard.  

Jamie/Brienne scenes were the best part of the episode by some margin.  In fact all of the Jamie/Brienne stuff in GOT has been  really good.  

2 hours ago, HellasLEAF said:

Hopefully my god!

The character arc Jamie has had, his continued unflinching commitment (or love) to Cersei just not making as much sense.  I mean how could anyone love Cersei that much.  Even Jamie.  Plus brother/sister thing.  For god sakes move on already, your Jamie Lannister shouldn't be hard.  

Jamie/Brienne scenes were the best part of the episode by some margin.  In fact all of the Jamie/Brienne stuff in GOT has been  really good.  

'you can't choose who you love' right?

He's grown up with her and loved her all his life, she's part of who he is, almost literally. But thats the point, she's also part of the bit of him that he dislikes, the lannister side. 

Gave this a one!

The last episode gave some hope with scenes and lines close to the book, but this one messed up everything again...
- Jamies redemption arc - atomized...
- Arya s complete scenes - even for a fantasy-story ridicoulous...

I'm done with the show, will just watch the last episode for amusement!

3/10

Ugh. I can't believe I gave the episode before this an 8. Definitely the worst episode of the season. 

There was so much potential in the previous episode only for it to be ruined in this one. 

Positive - 

Good to see Dondarrion again. He was one of my favorite characters/actor compared to the books. 

Negative - 

Ruined the Blackfish. Why the hell would the rebels listen to some schmuck outside the gates? 

Ruined Edmure. Family, Duty, Honor, Dur?

More character assassination of Jaime.

How many times is D & D going to cue a scene with just men sitting around in a circle talking about their sex lives? What is this? 4th time already? 

Cersei chooses violence? Hell yea! Oh, the Mountain only kills one person? Okay. What was the point of that scene? 

Arya has the worst storyline in the past 2 seasons. Has she learned anything from the FM? She knows how to use a bo staff, somewhat. I guess that's a skill. 

Tyrion has the 2nd worst storyline in the past 2 seasons. His scenes are absolutely pointless and the dialogue is atrocious. Missandei nor Grey Worm are interesting enough to carry a scene with Tyrion. 

Dany dropping out of the sky. Really funny and stupid at the same time. At least she looked pissed. 

Varys come back! Don't show us Dorne again! 

Edited by BadPussy

5/10

The only interesting/good stuff was the BwB/Hound scenes, and even those were kinda rushed.

Everything else was pretty bad. The writing was very meh and it was too predictable; if Arya didn't die the first time around, she definitely wasn't gonna die during the rematch. There was no suspense here, and the only thing that her scenes solidified was the Waif's title/status as the worst assassin in history. Hell, I even predicted that Frankenstein was gonna say "much more" after his pause. Jaime's character development is practically nonexistent, there were too many throwaway scenes, and what in the fuck is up with Darth Edmure? Wrap him in chains and give him to the Lannisters? Wow. Character butchering at its finest. The Blackfish's death was also pointless, and the whole thing was sloppy as hell.

With two episodes to go, I really hope they step it up. This whole season's been wonky and meh, so it'd be nice if they could make up for it in part with these last two, and perhaps end the season off on a high note.

I generally like every episode.. some are better than others yes but i'll still take it over The Voice anyday...

I love the visuals, the scenery, costumes, etc..

I think my biggest complaint with this episode is..

why didn't Brienne get more passionate with her pleas for aid with Jaime and then later the Blackfish?

send a raven telling Sansa she failed? She never really tried..

I mean she has been to the Wall. you think she woulda been brought up to speed on the whole white walker thing?

she's the first one to come down south with some real intell lately..

she shoulda been like "dudes, whatever you're squabbling about here ain't shit compared to what's coming"..

I'm hoping the Hound keeps on keeping on.. I hope he gets his hands on some valariyan steel and some dragonglass...

it would be cool to see somebody breakout some longbottom leaf in westeros.. getting tired of wine..

cali love

On 17/06/2016 at 7:06 AM, roadking said:

I generally like every episode.. some are better than others yes but i'll still take it over The Voice anyday...

I love the visuals, the scenery, costumes, etc..

I think my biggest complaint with this episode is..

why didn't Brienne get more passionate with her pleas for aid with Jaime and then later the Blackfish?

send a raven telling Sansa she failed? She never really tried..

I mean she has been to the Wall. you think she woulda been brought up to speed on the whole white walker thing?

she's the first one to come down south with some real intell lately..

she shoulda been like "dudes, whatever you're squabbling about here ain't shit compared to what's coming"..

I'm hoping the Hound keeps on keeping on.. I hope he gets his hands on some valariyan steel and some dragonglass...

it would be cool to see somebody breakout some longbottom leaf in westeros.. getting tired of wine..

cali love

Yeah. It was weird how Brienne tried once to convince Blackfish and then was all like, "oh let's send a raven to Sansa telling her what we failed". Plus a few episodes ago Sansa said they couldn't send a raven to Riverrun because Ramsay might intercept it so she needed Brienne, but apparently now the raven-network is working fine again?

I gave a 5, that was for Beric and the Hound, Jaime and Edmure, and 'a girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell'.

Arya running and jumping with a serious stab wound was just so stupid. I take it she was luring the Waif when she was prancing about last week with the money and the attitude, and it backfired when the Waif managed to surprise her? That's the only way I can piece it together.  But I'm so glad she's going home.

The Blackfish... it's pretty much been said already - the pointlessness of his death, why didn't he go with Brienne, why did it have to be Edmure to order him put in chains- the order would have made more sense coming from Jaime, the off-screen death, and that he died fighting Tully men is just so wrong. 

Liked the Jaime/Edmure scene apart from the 'it's all for Cersei' bit. Well acted.

Good to see Beric and the BWB aren't gone bad, and might have a significant part to play in the future. And I like that the Hound is with them. Love the Hound (who doesn't?).

Poor Peter Dinklage is stuck with what happened to Nikolaj last season - nothing to do and boring scenes.

5/6, but will go with 6 b/c there wasn't anything outrageous that I recall. Just a lot of filler. The narrative is rather choppy in this show, and this was one of the choppier episodes.

Arya's storyline finally moves. I like stage-Cersei. Chase scenes, though, are the hoariest of action action-show cliches (I bet the stegosauri had them in *their* action shows), and several minutes could have been shaved off of this one. Not the best storyline in the show or the books. It did have a nice conclusion, and we can look forward to Arya perhaps meeting Sansa again.

Some potentially interesting twists in Hound/BWB and KL. What I wonder is why Margaery would want the Faith to try Loras; perhaps he'll fake repentance and be let go.

Riverrun siege: OK, a little meuh, although Jaime seems a bit more interesting here than in KL or in God-help-us (alias Dorne). Disappointing to lose the Blackfish. My horrible fear is that the Sansa storyline is being arranged so that LF will be a hero. (I thought he was a villain? Chaos ladders and all that?)

Meereen: Erk. Tyrion is getting to be kind of annoying, and Essos doesn't seem to have improved him a bit. (He was funnier and more compelling in KL.) But apparently bad dialogue worked in winning over Missandei and GW (for an awful moment I feared they were setting up a Love Triangle; please God, no). That was at least 10 times longer than it needed to be. It was cool when Daenerys turned up, albeit hardly surprising.

Under rated episode.  Finally, a hint of Lady Stoneheart with the Hound's storyline.  Arya's bit was great.  Awesome to see Varys visibly scared of someone, and Danaerys return.  The Mountain scaring the sh** out of the church knights was great, as they are the most irritating group around (for all the dislike I've harboured for Cersei through the years, I dislike her rivals more this time).  The growing of Brienne and Jaime's camaraderie was nice to see as well.

OK, the chase scene with the T-1000 Waifinator and her apparent inability to fight in the dark was a bit weird (did A Man never feed A Waif blind juice as part of her training in days of yore?), but overall, this episode was bad-ass.  I'm glad they showed Jaime take over Riverrun exactly how it played out in the book, and they changed up the Blackfish's fate (perhaps) just enough to keep things uncertain for us book readers.

Daenerys landing on the roof was very nice. Was it a trebuchet shot or was it a dragon?

The scene in Volantis with the Greyjoys was interesting. I'm, uh, not sure alcohol is the best thing to cure Theon's PTSDs, though.

I gave it a 9, mostly for Riverrun and Daenerys' entrance into Mereen. I probably should have gone lower, but hey, I liked it and I can't explain why.

5/10.

I can't bring myself to rate this show any lower because it has wonderful production values, actors and music. However the writing is very bad. Brienne and Pod sneaking out of Riverrun. I think that says it all.

ETA: From what I'd heard, I expected the guys head getting ripped off to be more graphic. I'm glad it wasn't.

Edited by bent branch