Blackfish Stoneheart

TheKingInTheNorth3

Anyone else thinking the Blackfish is going to take up the role of Lady Stoneheart and get resurrected by Beric Undarrion?  It would make sense and everything seems to be converging in the right ways (BwB, Brienne and Pod, Blackfish being killed at Riverrun like Cat, etc.).  Discuss...

At this point in the story, there is no reason to have that character. we are already at the end of the season with one season left (2 half seasons). Walder Frey will more then likely be dead in episode 10 and the white walkers should start there attack by the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

At this point in the story, there is no reason to have that character. we are already at the end of the season with one season left (2 half seasons). Walder Frey will more then likely be dead in episode 10 and the white walkers should start there attack by the end of the season.

Why are Thoros and Beric here?  The gods of screenwriting are not done with them yet.

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Why are Thoros and Beric here?  The gods of screenwriting are not done with them yet.

Guess we'll find out in episode 10 but it could have been to keep the hound on the right track.

I never truly thought we would get Stoneheart, but when I saw that scene tonight of the 3 hanging there under the nooses, and just the way they shot that scene (the slow reveal that thy were about to be hung), I legitimately thought we were about to get Lady Stoneheart. 

I'm disappointed that we didn't. It's the hope that kills you.

45 minutes ago, Radish Knight said:

I think some version of LSH will appear. Surely Brienne wasn't brought to the Riverlands just to fail at recruiting the Blackfish.

Well, seeing as Brienne is now leaving the riverlands, and that arc is presumably over, I guess her only purpose was just as you said - to go to the Riverlands and fail. 

They kind of set it all up.   Brienne with her vow to fight Jamie if he attacked Riverrun. I can definitely see the brotherhood finding Blackfish and Beric doing the deed. I almost thought the Hound would find him floating in the river during that scene...  Problem is Beric seems kinda motivated and reinvigorated. But if he does pass the flame to blackfish (I'm liking the Blackheart title) it'll set up the Jamie/Brienne showdown where Blackheart tasks her with keeping her oath and dispatching Jamie. Jamie and Brienne's scenes played out like they're building up to a "last goodbye"...  Problem is can Arya make it back in time to take part in the Frey's demise with Nymeria???

12 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

They kind of set it all up.   Brienne with her vow to fight Jamie if he attacked Riverrun. I can definitely see the brotherhood finding Blackfish and Beric doing the deed. I almost thought the Hound would find him floating in the river during that scene...  Problem is Beric seems kinda motivated and reinvigorated. But if he does pass the flame to blackfish (I'm liking the Blackheart title) it'll set up the Jamie/Brienne showdown where Blackheart tasks her with keeping her oath and dispatching Jamie. Jamie and Brienne's scenes played out like they're building up to a "last goodbye"...  Problem is can Arya make it back in time to take part in the Frey's demise with Nymeria???

When the Hound was pissing I thought the exact same thing.  It just seems peculiar to me that everything is coming together (Jamie, Brienne, BwB) in the show in the same(ish) manner (at least geographically) that it came together in the books.  And the Blackfish seems to be the perfect substitute for LSH.  

PS Blackheart is definitely the perfect title for unBlackfish

do you think they'll just throw the blackfish's body in the river or give him a proper burial befitting an anointed knight as well as someone Jamie had respect for. Then again who knows with this shoddy writing at times......like how could Aria survive such a grievous wound to the belly getting her guts twisted like that

9 minutes ago, montey13 said:

do you think they'll just throw the blackfish's body in the river or give him a proper burial befitting an anointed knight as well as someone Jamie had respect for. Then again who knows with this shoddy writing at times......like how could Aria survive such a grievous wound to the belly getting her guts twisted like that

Not even Edmure gave a shit about him, I doubt Jaime would. 

so this is the 2nd time they needlessly sacraficed a character.  Summer was needlessly sacraficed when they threw him i a den of zombies.....and the blackfish...fighting a hopeless battle after the castle is swarmed by enemies when the had the chance to escape

Well Stoneheart as we know her in the books.... let's face it... it wouldn't be a surprise to very many people. Blackfish Stoneheart... eh.... well it only makes sense in the realm of why re-introduce the character just to kill him offscreen the next episode.

Archived