Blackfish Stoneheart

TheKingInTheNorth3

13 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Well Stoneheart as we know her in the books.... let's face it... it wouldn't be a surprise to very many people. Blackfish Stoneheart... eh.... well it only makes sense in the realm of why re-introduce the character just to kill him offscreen the next episode.

What else would they do with him? Give him a bullshit offscreen death like Stannis and let it lie?  God I hope not, Blackfish in books is way too important, along with LSH, I just can't see them completely writing them both off.  But who knows, the show sure can be idiotic...

20 minutes ago, TheKingInTheNorth3 said:

What else would they do with him? Give him a bullshit offscreen death like Stannis and let it lie?  God I hope not, Blackfish in books is way too important, along with LSH, I just can't see them completely writing them both off.  But who knows, the show sure can be idiotic...

So we can have an awesome character either be re-introduced and killed pointlessly or be utterly character assassinated? I guess this is Dorne 2.0.

5 hours ago, Darren Allen said:

No. This scene has already happened in the books. The books left open the possibility that the Blackfish escaped by swimming away.

I know, but I meant that maybe in the future his eventual death will be offscreen

6 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Well Stoneheart as we know her in the books.... let's face it... it wouldn't be a surprise to very many people. Blackfish Stoneheart... eh.... well it only makes sense in the realm of why re-introduce the character just to kill him offscreen the next episode.

And bring him back in the episode or two after that? It would have made more sense to have him swim away and escape like he does in the books.

8 hours ago, Rory Snow said:

The Tully's will burn the Blackfish's body like they did Hoster Tully... no coming back from that

The Tully's aren't in charge.  All of the Tully men were forced to abandon RR. The Frey's are now in control and Jamie will be leaving very soon. Jamie has made it clear that he doesn't care for Tullys, he manipulated Edmure to end siege, and he can now go home. Frey's despise Tully's, in books they mock Tully tradition by throwing Cat in water naked, and the two Frey's in charge will want to make the BF look as bad as possible, even in death my giving him a terrible burial. So, very unlikely he takes SH role but not unlikely in regards to his burial.

9 minutes ago, ivosan said:

seeing the BwB after all these years, the same half dozen, eating small game, having accomplished nothing so far was a sad image.  I'd rather have them vanish into oblivion.

Not I. Seeing Beric & Thoros reunited on the screen with the Hound was the best part of the episode for me. Great actors. Great chemistry. And now they know that they have a call to "go north" for the real fight. Count me in. 

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

Not I. Seeing Beric & Thoros reunited on the screen with the Hound was the best part of the episode for me. Great actors. Great chemistry. And now they know that they have a call to "go north" for the real fight. Count me in. 

Yeah... but how do they know that?

11 hours ago, The Yung Wulf said:

Seriously. I think it's pretty clear after seeing Beric and Thoros that they are writing off LSH in the TV show.

For real! The show will be over and people are going to assume there will be a LSH spinoff... SMH

10 hours ago, TheKingInTheNorth3 said:

That's exactly what they're doing.

10 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

So we can have an awesome character either be re-introduced and killed pointlessly or be utterly character assassinated? I guess this is Dorne 2.0.

Did I hear... Rickon?

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

Completely agree, it was my favourite part. I don't see them going North, though... I think they might be substituiting LSH and killing Freys. Maybe we'll see Brianne running into them? Or she's just running around Westeros pointlessly. Next stop, Oldtown, lol!

9 hours ago, Radish Knight said:

Sorry I didn't necessarily mean Cat herself, just a character that plays a similar role.

How can the BF play a "similar role" to LSH. LSH wants to hang Brienne and forces her to prove her loyalty by killing Jaime.

BF:" You'll serve Sansa far better than I ever could".  So why would he think Brienne a traitor and make her kill Jaime, and prevent her from going back to serve Sansa.

LSH's entire plot based on a woman who has lost everything and only has vengeance, now Sansa is alive, Rickon is alive and being held hostage, Brienne even knows that Bran and Arya is still alive. The way they have wrote the story the LSH character has no reason to be around. 

Archived