Arya is dead calling it now!

Ser Davos

That was the waif wearing her face she needs Arya face to go to winter fell for some unknown assassination. It's why they didn't show the fight and its gonna be that wtf moment next season when they reveal it. All the buildup the past 2 seasons wasn't just for Arya to return to westeros with nothing accomplished but some weird training it was for this! 

4 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Isn't that enough? all braavos plot was for her training, how is she supposed to kill all the people in her list without training? she's 11  and she need a mentor, it's simple logic and not so hard to understand

Did she even learn to change her face, though? How's she gonna kill Cersei and Walder Frey, by beating them up with a stick? 

1 minute ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Did she even learn to change her face, though? How's she gonna kill Cersei and Walder Frey, by beating them up with a stick? 

LOL, you made me laugh :D I Imagine Arya beating Walder with a stick hahahahaha, but I think she learned face's changing from Trant's scene

3 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

In the dark.

Why cross an ocean to learn to do that? She might as well have holed up in some cave somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

LOL, you made me laugh :D I Imagine Arya beating Walder with a stick hahahahaha, but I think she learned face's changing from Trant's scene

Hmmm, my memory of that scene is fuzzy, was she wearing another face or just covering her own with her hair like the girl from "The Ring"?

I'm all for Arya beating the shit out of Walder with a stick, though. 

I think there's a chance you could be right. This Faceless Man story played straight just doesn't make much sense to me at all - though it might be lazy writing - which makes me consider elaborate twists where I normally wouldn't. 

But that fact that Jaqen spoke to her as if she graduated, calling her "no one," and then let her quit the FM and walk off to Westeros with a smile on his face makes me skeptical to say the least. 

If the Waif was also in training and assumed Arya's identity, that part of the dialogue makes more sense. Jaqen congratulates her for graduating, and for casting off her old identity. When he says she is "no one," and she replies, "I am Arya Stark of Winterfell," she could be affirming his statement by embracing the fake-Arya identity, after which she proceeds to take off on her mission to Westeros, which is why Jaqen smiles instead of protests. It is interesting that the Waif spent so much time with Arya, and repeatedly quized her on her life story. That might have all been training for the Waif to assume the Arya identity. It does feel right to me that the FM might want to kill Jon for cheating death, and Arya is a way to get close to him. 

That said, the part where Arya tells Jaqen, "you sent her to kill me" and she has her sword pressed against doesn't make as much sense if she's the Waif. 

1 hour ago, Ser Davos said:

That was the waif wearing her face she needs Arya face to go to winter fell for some unknown assassination. It's why they didn't show the fight and its gonna be that wtf moment next season when they reveal it. All the buildup the past 2 seasons wasn't just for Arya to return to westeros with nothing accomplished but some weird training it was for this! 

This would undoubtedly be better than whatever Arya story we are going to get.

21 minutes ago, gregorio said:

I think there's a chance you could be right. This Faceless Man story played straight just doesn't make much sense to me at all - though it might be lazy writing - which makes me consider elaborate twists where I normally wouldn't. 

But that fact that Jaqen spoke to her as if she graduated, calling her "no one," and then let her quit the FM and walk off to Westeros with a smile on his face makes me skeptical to say the least. 

If the Waif was also in training and assumed Arya's identity, that part of the dialogue makes more sense. Jaqen congratulates her for graduating, and for casting off her old identity. When he says she is "no one," and she replies, "I am Arya Stark of Winterfell," she could be affirming his statement by embracing the fake-Arya identity, after which she proceeds to take off on her mission to Westeros, which is why Jaqen smiles instead of protests. It is interesting that the Waif spent so much time with Arya, and repeatedly quized her on her life story. That might have all been training for the Waif to assume the Arya identity. It does feel right to me that the FM might want to kill Jon for cheating death, and Arya is a way to get close to him. 

That said, the part where Arya tells Jaqen, "you sent her to kill me" and she has her sword pressed against doesn't make as much sense if she's the Waif. 

Yes my friend we think alike. People are saying it doesn't make sense but next season I will bump the heck out of this thread if it turns true! 

18 minutes ago, ummester said:

This would undoubtedly be better than whatever Arya story we are going to get.

Yup I think waif with Arya face will be to complete Jaquin mission he failed at when he got captured in westeros and put in nights watch 

1 hour ago, Ser Davos said:

Yup I think waif with Arya face will be to complete Jaquin mission he failed at when he got captured in westeros and put in nights watch 

You realise though, that to become no-one, the Waif had to cut her own face off and put Arya's on. What a waste doing that off screen, it would have been interesting to see. Unless the Waif's real face was never seen/she doesn't have a real face.

And, as gregario said, why did she say to Jaquen, 'You sent her to kill me' ? Unless she is acting as Arya there.

Truth is, I find the Arya is dead and replaced by the Waif idea more satisfying than Arya having killed the Waif - but either way the story telling has been extremely badly handled and I think of the whole Arya plot as silly now.

4 hours ago, Ser Davos said:

Nothing accomplished??? She's now a trained assassin. She's a freakin' ninja warrior! Jon could probably use one of those on his team. 

Archived