Cersie/Tommen

shawnpmcd

Tommen didn't look too happy about making that decree, but it's going to bite him in the ass. I think Cersei will somehow get to Margery first since she feels that Margery has sunk her claws into Tommen and influenced him. It would have been nice to see Margery in this scene and her and Cersei had some sort of a staring match to drive home the point of this but....

I really didn't care for the last episode...it didn't make a lot of sense and this is the move that made the least amount of sense.

I'm supposed to believe that Tommen is really going to put his mom in a situation where she is certain to lose her trial for incest, treason and regicide from which the by-product would be his own illegitimatization which would lead to a dissolution of his marriage to Margery, creating the ultimate effect of him not being able to plow his hot wife anymore, which seems to be pretty much the only thing he cares about?

Just now, Phonzadellika said:

I really didn't care for the last episode...it didn't make a lot of sense and this is the move that made the least amount of sense.

I'm supposed to believe that Tommen is really going to put his mom in a situation where she is certain to lose her trial for incest, treason and regicide from which the by-product would be his own illegitimatization which would lead to a dissolution of his marriage to Margery, creating the ultimate effect of him not being able to plow his hot wife anymore, which seems to be pretty much the only thing he cares about?

Not to mention the Sparrows will lose their power base since supposedly the pillars of society are the Faith and the Crown and if one falls, so does the other.

12 minutes ago, Phonzadellika said:

I'm supposed to believe that Tommen is really going to put his mom in a situation where she is certain to lose her trial for incest, treason and regicide

Are you saying Tommen knows for a fact that she's guilty?

8 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

Are you saying Tommen knows for a fact that she's guilty?

Even so, he has advisors, someone should get in his ear and say ummmm bad idea

Correct me if I am wrong, but she isn't on trial for having sex with Jaime. She is on trial for having sex with Lancel, after she had her children, therefor Tommen would not be declared a bastard. Lancel is the only evidence they have of it. Yes the rumors are there about Jaime but there is no proof.

Yeah, my thought is the High Sparrow is in his ear telling him they won't find her fully guilty. The HS has definetly been shown to be a schemer so far, trying to rule through Tommen and Margaery. He has to know if Cersie loses and Tommen is noted as a bastard, he loses mostly all that power.

I think his plan would be to find her guilty of some things, but not screwing around of Robert and he can still banish her for smaller crimes and he achieves another noble out of the city and more power of Tommen and Marg. If he's just telling Tommen she won't be fully guilty but indeed wants her dead, he can still convict her of treason, conspiring to kill the King, he still has Lancel for that, and certainly that's enough to warrant death.

I think it will all be mute though as Cersei obviously has another plan.

*** Or Maybe they legitimize Tommen as a Lannister bastard, kill Cersei, then by strictly legal inheritance, Tommen will still be heir after Jaime (can get rid of him) and Tyrion (condemned to death in Westeros). Probably not though.

I'm sure Margaery wants Cersei dead, and has cooked this up along with the High Sparrow.

If Cersei is found guilty of murdering King Robert, and not guilty of incest, they can go ahead and execute her without threatening Tommen's legitimacy.

1 hour ago, Phonzadellika said:

Yes.

32 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but she isn't on trial for having sex with Jaime. She is on trial for having sex with Lancel, after she had her children, therefor Tommen would not be declared a bastard. Lancel is the only evidence they have of it. Yes the rumors are there about Jaime but there is no proof.

Wasn't the Lancel thing the reason for her walk of shame, but the trial about the rest of the accusations?

Actually I now despise Tommen more than I have ever despised Joffrey.

41 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

Even so, he has advisors, someone should get in his ear and say ummmm bad idea

Yes, is Kevan around just for making smug faces now? (and letting QoT do Lannister incest jokes right under his nose)

I seriously don't think that while moving Cersei away from ruling is a necessity, allowing her - a Lannister queen and the mother of the king - to be executed for treason is not a good thing for the House.

4 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Yes, is Kevan around just for making smug faces now? (and letting QoT do Lannister incest jokes right under his nose)

I seriously don't think that while moving Cersei away from ruling is a necessity, allowing her - a Lannister queen and the mother of the king - to be executed for treason is not a good thing for the House.

Tommen is hardly the sharpest tool in the box.

Tommen yes, but shouldn't Kevan be the voice of reason there? (and shouldn't he hate the Faith's rise to power because of well, Lancel?) His House is being weakened and humiliated and he is just content with it, because, um... spite?

If the goal is simply to remove Carol from KL, they could do it right now.  She has no power, clearly the HS and Tommen can do with her what they want, ship her of to CR and be done with her. 

So they appear to want her dead.  I can accept Tommen being gullible enough to be manipulated but where is the gain for people who would be manipulating him?  Cersei is defanged, the HS has Tommen under his thumb.  What does he gain by pushing stuff?  I don't get it.

4 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Tommen is hardly the sharpest tool in the box.

Yes but he has advisors who both should be protecting him and his interests AND will have interests of their own that are NOT protected by putting Cersei on trial

4 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

If the goal is simply to remove Carol from KL, they could do it right now.  She has no power, clearly the HS and Tommen can do with her what they want, ship her of to CR and be done with her. 

So they appear to want her dead.  I can accept Tommen being gullible enough to be manipulated but where is the gain for people who would be manipulating him?  Cersei is defanged, the HS has Tommen under his thumb.  What does he gain by pushing stuff?  I don't get it.

I don't think Tommen wants her dead.  He just doesn't know what he's doing.  But, there is one person in Kings Landing, who must surely want her dead.

4 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

Yes but he has advisors who both should be protecting him and his interests AND will have interests of their own that are NOT protected by putting Cersei on trial

Margaery's interests are very much served by having Cersei executed.  Cersei has threatened her, and got her and her brother imprisoned.

Archived