Cersie/Tommen

shawnpmcd

21 hours ago, Nimm said:

Lancel isn't the only source.  From the Mother's Mercy script:

She confessed to adultery with Lancel, but denied the incest and murder accusations.

The incest accusation will be difficult to prove without a confession though...maybe the outcome of the trial is conviction for Robert's murder, based as it is on Lancel's own confession.  But she gets acquitted of the incest charge for lack of proof, letting Tommen keep his legitimacy.  Seems like a win-win for the Faith.

I could see this as the sparrow's game, find Cersei guilty of some crimes, maybe incest, but not involving Tommen's birth. Completely disposing of Cersei but not threatening Tommen's legitimacy as King. 

Then Cersei screws him over by admitting in court that she deliberately prevented Robert from impregnating her. And while the whole city goes nuts, Cersei somehow gets the wildfire lit and avoid any execution. 

I'll bet, if this trial is gonna go down as the High Sparrow believes, Cersei will be convicted of treason and regicide (earning her a beheading) but "luckily" being found innocent of incest (keeping Tommen,therefore the High Sparrow, in power). 

That being said, I really enjoyed that scene and the Tommen/Cersei dynamic this season. He's got equal parts love, fear, hate, and pity for his mom. He loves her, but is clearly becoming aware of the monster that she is. Add the High Sparrow and Margaery whispering in his ears and he's fully against her. 

I think Tommen is a total sell out, and wish Cersei would send Robert Strong to give him his golden shroud. Cersei is still young and pretty, she has plenty of time to create a new family with someone else, and with those three golden shrouds out of the way she no longer has to worry about that prophecy taking her kids. In fact if she manages to have another child, that just might disprove the prophecy all together.

On 6/13/2016 at 8:05 AM, dbunting said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but she isn't on trial for having sex with Jaime. She is on trial for having sex with Lancel, after she had her children, therefor Tommen would not be declared a bastard. Lancel is the only evidence they have of it. Yes the rumors are there about Jaime but there is no proof.

I thought that she had confessed to the lancel thing and hence had her walk of atonement. when she denied the other charges and confessed to the one iirc she even asks the high sparrow if she will be done after the walk, or he mentions a trail and she says "but I confessed" and he says something like, sure to this one charge but the others will still have to be decided blah blah blah. and if anyone has better details please let me know lol. im pretty sure im remembering this from the show but...you know how it goes sometimes LOL

Archived