"More, much more"

The Yung Wulf

1 hour ago, Vastet said:

There's no evidence Tyrion found any of it. Tyrion coopted the wildfire cache that Cersei commanded be made. There was no mention of finding wildfire from decades previous.

Not sure for the tv show. In the books however the Head of the Pyromancers tells Tyrion that they found stacks of old fildfire-jaws beneath the city ( A Clash of Kings, Chapter 49, Tyrion).

1 hour ago, Anna Marzo said:

She knew about the rumours of the Mad King's wildfire caches, and Qyburn finds the rumours to be true, so...

I think Jamie will arrive in KL right in time,and probably will have to make the same decision he made years back: let the whole city burn, or kill the Mad King. In this case, the Mad Queen.

Agree. This is where we see the valonquar come to fruition. But first, she's got to see Tommen's gold shroud, I think. That's the trigger, maybe? Tommen's death?

I suspect that it is Wildfire, 

If it is something else, I suspect it would have to be something to help her immediate situation.

What if Qyburns bids found out Margery is faking her new faith?  Margery is her only conduit to Tommen at this point, so if Cersei found out Marg was faking it, then maybe she will try to bribe Margery?

Also Loras is no longer able to use trial by combat, so perhaps Margery will eb open to an alliance?

It's obviously the wildfire.

1) Dany has that vision in the HotUD of a burnt out throne room, and it's snowing into the throne room.

2) Bran has the vision of wildfire racing through the tunnels.

3) Why would Qyburn and Cersei be talking about it if it wasn't something that could help her current situation? If it is something about Tyrion or the Tyrells, the faith won't care. They'll just find her guilty anyway.

My guess is that she intends to destroy the sept, and things get way out of hand.

Also, just from a narrative perspective, they need to start eliminating the human obstacles in the "great war to come." Cersei and Ramsay are basically distractions from the true big bad (White Walkers). There are two seasons left, and ever since "Hardhome" last season, this petty crap with Ramsay and Cersei really doesn't matter. Paraphrasing the Old Bear - who cares who sits on an iron chair when the dead are coming to kill everybody? Time to rid the story of this dead weight and get down to business.

This is not to say that the Ramsay and Cersei story lines haven't served a purpose or haven't been entertaining, but they seem very played out at this point.

3 hours ago, Vastet said:

There's no evidence Tyrion found any of it. Tyrion coopted the wildfire cache that Cersei commanded be made. There was no mention of finding wildfire from decades previous.

All the people who knew all about the mad Kings cache's are dead, slain by Jamie. They should all still be collecting dust where they were placed.

While probably not the case in the show, in the books some wildfire catches were found (not by Tyrion) and some of them exactly under the Sept so the Sept is kinda safe in the books. And these found catches were also used in Blackwater by Tyrion, additionally to those specifically made for that battle.

I agree that it's probably the wildfire but that just make sense to me. She was having the alchemists generate so much wildfire for the BlackWater and thought she needed it so much that she would have told them to investigate then. And they were far enough along (with so much made already) that she would have gotten her answer and not needed Qyburn to investigate. Also, I agree that I think it's just way to early to burn down KL. I don't see how the WW and Dany invasions can carry it for 13 hours next season.

But like I said, it's probably the wildfire.

The only other possibility that seems reasonable and maybe better to me (given that their conversation was probably to help her out of the current predicament) is that the little birds were looking for a secret passageway into the Sept. Seems like Varys knew them all, so the little birds probably have him that info. Maybe she wants the passageway so she can send someone or a few "little" people in to eliminate her biggest threat.

It would be quite interesting if she takes on the Mad King role ("Burn them all")

We know that Jamie is now on his way back to King's Landing.

All signs would then point to Jamie shoving a sword through her back, just like he did to the Mad King. Perhaps after Tommen is killed by it, thus fulfilling the valonqar prophecy as well as the prophecy that all of her children will die while she is still alive.

27 minutes ago, The Yung Wulf said:

It would be quite interesting if she takes on the Mad King role ("Burn them all")

We know that Jamie is now on his way back to King's Landing.

All signs would then point to Jamie shoving a sword through her back, just like he did to the Mad King. Perhaps after Tommen is killed by it, thus fulfilling the valonqar prophecy as well as the prophecy that all of her children will die while she is still alive.

"The things we do for love..."

It's almost certainly wildfire, but I kinda wish there was more to it, like it's wildfire plus the rumors that Aerys is the real father of the twins. She then thinks she can survive the wildfire as a Targaryen and ends up burnt to a crisp.

I think it's Wildfire but I don't know how the timing of that works. The fire could get Tommen to jump out the window, but the fire makes more sense coming after Tommen's death. So, that I just don't get. Unless she burns the Sept first, Tommen kills himself after Marg dies, and then before she gets to unleash it on the whole city, Jaime kills her.

I too believe it's about caches of wilfire. There's a reason Bran had those visions.

She will set fire to the Sept, at the very least. I believe both Tyrells, and maybe the Grand Sparrow, will die there.

The collateral damage is that Tommen may kill himself out of grief and desperation, and maybe the fire will spread.

And finally, Jaime kills her.

The Queen of Thorns foreshadowed Cersei burning all her enemies. So I fully expect her to burn down the sept on the day of her trial with everyone in it but herself and Tommen. Marg and Loras will perish and so will the faith militant. Then Tommen will kill himself and Cersei will sit on the iron throne as the city burns. And scene. 

Just now, Daemos said:

The Queen of Thorns foreshadowed Cersei burning all her enemies. So I fully expect her to burn down the sept on the day of her trial with everyone in it but herself and Tommen. Marg and Loras will perish and so will the faith militant. Then Tommen will kill himself and Cersei will sit on the iron throne as the city burns. And scene. 

I cannot express how pleased I would be with this scenario.

3 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

The valonqar prophecy doesn't exist in the show, just the prophecy about the children

Doesn't mean he won't kill her anyway. I don't think the HBO writers would pass up an opportunity like Jamie killing Cercei unless they weren't told by GRRM.

Archived