[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

Aniel

Originally I was quite disappointed with the episode but having reflected on it a couple of days there was definitely more I like than disliked...

LIKED

- All Hound and BWB scenes

- Cersei's power play with the Mountain failing thanks to Tommen

- Jamie and Brienne

- Jamie and Edmure

- Brienne and the Blackfish

- Podd and Bronn

and the trailer for next week looks epic!

When I saw the initial ratings and reviews for this episode I assumed it was going to be terrible. But after I watched it I don't know what people are even talking about. I think the last few episodes have been pretty strong actually, its slowed down a lot and I think thats a good thing because I thought the first few episodes were all over the place. 

Yeah this one had some dodgy moments, but overall it was quite strong.

I really liked the fact that Arya allowed herself to trust Lady Crane and sleep in her home and drink from her cup.  I actually really liked the whole episode. I thought the changing dynamic of the Tommen and Cersei relationship was really well done.  I liked seeing Brienne and the Kingslayer's relationship again. I also really liked Edmure's scenes.  I think the last few episodes have been really good.  I'm hoping we get some Bran next week.

- The interaction between Pod and Bronn, I don't think it was necessary for any plots but it was hilarious and very enjoyable as they are two of my favourite characters. I was grinning ear too ear the entire scene especially at Bronn's shipping of Brienne and Jamie. 

- The shock of trial by combat getting taken away from Cersei. Tommen must know that that is what his mother's plan was all along, I wonder why he wants her to lose? I doubt he WANTS her too but could he be so easily manipulated????

- Arya going home. Enough said. 

-Seeing Beric Donndarion and Thoros of Myr again!!! Love them. 

-The Hound avenging his friend.  

I did like Edmure's dialogue during his meeting with Jaime.  I thought it captured some meaningful thoughts-how can someone live with themselves after all the horrible things they have done.  I also liked the melancholy feel of the transfer of Riverrun to Lannister/Frey control-it definitely captured the spirit of the novels. 

Definetly not my favorite episode of the season but definetly great things included.

1) Jaime and Edmure scene was awesome. One of my top 3 scenes all season, which I didn't expect. 

2) Aestitics in RiverRun has been great. The banners (hosting the lion and the trampling and taking down of the trout was the best part).

3) Liked the Humor, Sandor's scenes "Tougher girls then u have tried to kill me." Liked the Wine Tasting Event, etc.

Like I said on another site the episode could have been nothing but the beetles scene and the Jaime and Brienne scene would have still made it great. So. Much. Yes.  

also really enjoyed:

Dany walking in like a baws.

Beric Fucking Dondarrion!  No LSH confirmed!  

Totally gratuitous and yet entirely satisfying violence from both Clegane Bros.  I felt like a creep for grinning so much.  See also: Qyburns face lol!

I actually laughed quite a bit at Tyrions joke scene with missy and GW don't judge me.

Oh as a side note Jaime / Brienne mutually having romantic feelings for each other is now officially show canon given the interviews NCW has given.  Which makes me think it may be book canon... GRRM did tell the boys the ending for every major character after all.  So there's that. 

Archived