[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

Aniel

....I find it quite funny that this thread is only 2 pages.  Probably the shortest "what you liked" thread this season so far.  There was very few things I liked about this episode....

- The Mountain finally getting some action.

- "Is that going to be your final words?"  ......."cunt!"   (I laughed very hard at this, not sure why)

- The Hound saying "I prefer chicken" gave me a little chuckle.

That's pretty much it.  Everything else was just horrible.

quite liked this episode in all honesty. Not the finest ive ever seen, but there were good moments. All my non book friends liked it too. Particularly liked tommen and cersei, great acting from both of their actors, scene had a great tense feel to it. Riverrun was decent too. And obviously the hound and his 'I prefer chicken' line

I was surprised by how much presence the actor playing Edmure has. I've always been somewhat underwhelmed by the character of Edmure, but the actor brought some refreshing gravitas to his scenes. 

As others have said, the Jamie/Brienne interactions were lovely. 

I liked Dany's unexpected entrance and her slightly pissed off expression like, "I leave you in charge for five minutes and everything goes to shit? Now that's a joke. Boom."

*Drops mic from Drogon's back*

11 hours ago, ummester said:

The Hound and finding out Lem was a traitor and the Brotherhood is still around.

Jamie and Edmure - the dialogue wasn't perfect but both of them had the acting chops to carry the scene.

Tommen was good also, he's finally making his own decisions (whether you agree with them or not) and his characterisation makes sense. Tywin said he needed strong advisers and instead he got a mother and manipulative Queen bitching with him in the middle - I get him turning to the Sparrow and faith as a form of guidance.

In my opinion it was one of the few pieces of dialogue in the show that improved what was in the books.  Thought it was a really good scene.

Solid episode I thought.  Not the most exciting but worthwhile.  Dany back in Mereen (still not Westeros but got to take what we can) and Arya seemingly heading back to Westeros were fantastic.

The Hound scenes were great.  Jaime & Edmure was fantastic and IMO better than the scene from the book (which is rare).  Jaime & Brienne were fantastic too.

I quite liked this episode too, don´t usually just repeat everyone else, but the Hound´s path to redemption (and the prospect that one day his name have a good conotation), King´s Landing, Riverrun and Mereen were all great, heavy scenes.

I liked the scenes with the Hound including his comment "We're all gonna die. Except this one", the siege of Meereen, Ser Robert Strong completely slaughtering that sparrow which was a victory for Cersei (I mean come on, noone's rooting for the sparrows), and to a degree Tyrion's story about the three lords in the bar

"I choose violence" was my favourite part of this episode. Cersei seemed too quiet so far, and I wanted to see her doing something extreme for once.

Showing that the whole tBwB was not turned into killers just because was also a nice touch. Also I really like Thoros :)

Dany's final entrace after the TOOM! + wtf-have-you-been-doing? look was very satisfying.

Brienne and Jaime + Bronn and Pod were also very good scenes.

King's Landing was the best of this episode (strangely), to me. That really was something I wasn't expecting.
I mean, I knew The Hound was going to kill those BwB guys, I knew Arya would kill the waif, and I knew Dany was going to make a triunfal entrance BUT I was sooooo expecting Cersei to use the mountain in trial by combat that when the banning scene happened it left me astonished.
Loved Cersei's face, loved Tommen's uneasiness, loved everything for the first time of KL this season..

Archived