Please explain Bravos ending (spoilers)

spivo

2 hours ago, StarksNTargs said:

A life was promised and a life was taken.    In the second season, Jaquen was going to die and Arya saved him.   Since he was stolen from the faceless god, another life had to take his place.   Same here.  Arya was stolen and the Waif's life was paid.  Some times, I think you folks purposely TRY to ignore the obvious just so you can bitch more.

Yeah right.. no difference between a guy trapped in a flamming cart and someone who has a contract on his/her head. Best assassins in the world :"we'll kill your target, or someone else ..don't care."

7 minutes ago, YorEmixam said:

Yeah right.. no difference between a guy trapped in a flamming cart and someone who has a contract on his/her head. Best assassins in the world :"we'll kill your target, or someone else ..don't care."

Nope, there was a difference. Lady Crane was the object of an assassination contract and she ended up being killed. Arya wasn't death wasn't contracted. So any life could pay for hers. 

Similarly, when Arya saved Jaqen and the others from the flames, 3 non-specific people had to die, not these specific 3 people. 

But in any case, per Faceless Men standard, Arya's face will end up being added to the Wall sooner or later. She will eventually die as "all men must die and all men must serve". 

8 minutes ago, Mayura said:

Nope, there was a difference. Lady Crane was the object of an assassination contract and she ended up being killed. Arya wasn't death wasn't contracted. So any life could pay for hers. 

Similarly, when Arya saved Jaqen and the others from the flames, 3 non-specific people had to die, not these specific 3 people. 

But in any case, per Faceless Men standard, Arya's face will end up being added to the Wall sooner or later. She will eventually die as "all men must die and all men must serve". 

Arya's dead was ordered, you cannot exchange her life for someone else. Jaqen in the cart was in a situation which would have killed him, like catching someone about to fall off a cliff, the many faced god claimed a life and someone interfered = another life must be paid. A man send a killer for a specific target, you cant just kill anyone for it.

ETA. Anyway logic is not a thing in GoT it seems.

Arya is acting like she knows that Jon And Sansa are about to fight for Winterfell.

In book and show she knows Robb is dead, she thinks Bran and rickon are dead. Jon is at the wall and Sansa is unknown

Thus she goes to Braavos to restart her life where she isn't threatened.

Arya has no army and thinks everyone is dead or missing.

"I'm Arya Stark" blah blah blah Winterfell.

Arya will return to Westeros in book. Not untrained and to go to Winterfell. She'll return to finish her list.

Just rewatched the episode and noticed Jaqen has a decided smirk on his face when Arya says she's going home and walks away. I don't think Jaqen is done with Arya. He likes her and I believe he's going to help her. At least I hope so. It makes some sense really, the world needs to come together to combat the White Walkers and folks from all countries and faiths should be represented. Starks & Lannisters, the Night's Watch & wildings, the Brotherhood and the Hound so why not the Faceless Men as well?

That's my theory. The waif killed Arya and finished her own training. Jaqen calls her no one, but she answers "the girl is Arya Stark" and not "I am Arya Stark". As I see it, the waif has taken over Aryas identity and goes on with a mission. Jaqen would never be wrong by calling the real Arya no one while she's holding needle against his heart.

3 minutes ago, Edinho said:

That's my theory. The waif killed Arya and finished her own training. Jaqen calls her no one, but she answers "the girl is Arya Stark" and not "I am Arya Stark". As I see it, the waif has taken over Aryas identity and goes on with a mission. Jaqen would never be wrong by calling the real Arya no one while she's holding needle against his heart.

Arya killed the Waif, not everything is a twist, sometimes things are exactly as they appear. Arya's move with the candle was straight out of Syrio's training.. no way the Waif could know that.

2 hours ago, YorEmixam said:

Arya didn't have a price on her head.

1 hour ago, YorEmixam said:

Arya's dead was ordered, you cannot exchange her life for someone else. Jaqen in the cart was in a situation which would have killed him, like catching someone about to fall off a cliff, the many faced god claimed a life and someone interfered = another life must be paid. A man send a killer for a specific target, you cant just kill anyone for it.

ETA. Anyway logic is not a thing in GoT it seems.

No, her death was granted.  There's a difference.  The Man didn't ask the Waif to kill her.  He granted permission.   The only person who truly wanted Arya dead is among the dead herself now... what other reason does Jaqen have to kill her?

Since whatever happened, happened in the dark, it would be possible that the waif has taken Arya's place. But this does seem an excessive complication, not least because why would she want to?

Jacquen seemed quite content with the outcome. It was hard to tell because we saw very little interaction, but it did look like things were proceeding to his plan. Or at least on one possible track he foresaw, even if he wasnt particulalry planning it himself. He could just have been being a bit schoolmasterly with a pupil who has done well. I think we gathered that the faceless men were originally rebels, and Arya is certainly doing that.

1 hour ago, Rory Snow said:

Just rewatched the episode and noticed Jaqen has a decided smirk on his face when Arya says she's going home and walks away. I don't think Jaqen is done with Arya. He likes her and I believe he's going to help her. At least I hope so. It makes some sense really, the world needs to come together to combat the White Walkers and folks from all countries and faiths should be represented. Starks & Lannisters, the Night's Watch & wildings, the Brotherhood and the Hound so why not the Faceless Men as well?

I agree I think it all played out as jacqen wished. He seems pleased with the outcome. 

1 hour ago, StarksNTargs said:

Arya didn't have a price on her head.

So what? She was the target of an assassin guild, jaqen in the cart was not, cant you see the difference? Cant you see how being the target means you are the one to die, not anyone else.

Arya's gonna put to use all those excellent assassin skills she learned over the course of two seasons to scratch some names off her list. 

So she's gonna scrub the floors of the Twins and leave them nice and slippery so Walder falls and breaks his hip, and then she's gonna beat Cersei with a stick, as long as it's dark. 

12 hours ago, spivo said:

I didn't understand the ending...

Jaqen says she is now "No one", and she says she's Arya of Winterfell, and indicates she is of to help her family.

He smiles, like it is okay with him???

I did not understand any of it...

- Is he okay with her leaving the FM, with all the secrets they have?

- How can she be "No one", when she clearly still feels like a Stark?

- When someone has been "named", they have to die, so how can the Waif be a substitude for Arya?

Am I missing something? Does the FM have their own agenda, that does not need someone buying them?

The only thing I could think of, was that the Iron Bank, or someone else, has bought the FM to kill someone on Arya's list, so Jaqen knows she will still work for the FM going to Westeros???

As I said on another thread, the actor playing Jaqhen has said in numerous interviews that he has a soft spot for Arya and probably didn't run into her in Westeros by accident, and that he has a larger plan for her.

Thus far, the show has entirely failed to show that.  I wonder if we will be getting some clarification in the future on what exactly Jaqhen wanted to do and what his plan was for Arya...but I'm not holding my breath.  Everything about this plotline has been the definition of clunky, illogical, and perfunctory.  

Arya finished her training.   Not to become No-one.   But to become Some-one.   She had been hiding under various identities, before getting a ship to Braavos.    Finally she acknowledges who she truely is and where she belongs.    And that was the point of her story arc.

25 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Arya's gonna put to use all those excellent assassin skills she learned over the course of two seasons to scratch some names off her list. 

So she's gonna scrub the floors of the Twins and leave them nice and slippery so Walder falls and breaks his hip, and then she's gonna beat Cersei with a stick, as long as it's dark. 

Haha! At least she'll keep the bodies clean.

Archived