The Valonqar

Guerì

After last episode am I the only one who sees Tommen as the Valonqar?Cersei was basically betrayed by her own son who happens to be a little Brother...The theory about Cersei and the wild fire and Bran's vision on KL burned to the ground,I think all the pieces might fit...

Intressting thought. Maybe... The only thing that bothers me, is that the prophecy said that all here kids are going to die... And Maggy was right with every other point in her prophecy (as long as we know). Personally I'd like to see Tommen die. Jaimie's back in KL. Out of grief she's standing in the throneroom, going mad and telling Jaimie of all the wildfire in the city Qyburn found. She'll say "Burn them all, Jaimie!! Burn them all!" And he will realise that Cersie's gone mad as the mad king Aerys und strangles her to death. Prophecy's fullfilled! =)

2 hours ago, AlysaGreyfeather said:

Intressting thought. Maybe... The only thing that bothers me, is that the prophecy said that all here kids are going to die... And Maggy was right with every other point in her prophecy (as long as we know). Personally I'd like to see Tommen die. Jaimie's back in KL. Out of grief she's standing in the throneroom, going mad and telling Jaimie of all the wildfire in the city Qyburn found. She'll say "Burn them all, Jaimie!! Burn them all!" And he will realise that Cersie's gone mad as the mad king Aerys und strangles her to death. Prophecy's fullfilled! =)

Definitely going to be Jaime imho.

58 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Does the valonqar prophecy even exist in the showverse?

According to the lore in gameofthrones.wikia.com only part of prophecy exists in the show. This part does not include valonquar. As of Cersei's joy turning to ash - it's Tyrion's line in S02E08.

I thought they might twist a little the prophecy from the books,forcing show Cersei to accidentaly kill Tommen herself trying to get free from the HS and the Faith Militants.

Remember that scene from s2, during Blackwater, when Cersei holds Tommen and attempts to poison him but then she realises that her side won the battle?

It has long been suggested that it foreshadows Tommen's eventual murder by his mother.

In the tv series Maggy never mentions the valonquar but this doesn't mean that Cersei will not be killed by a little brother.

I suppose that D&D chose to omit that part about the valonquar because it would be too obvious to the show watchers that her killer would be either Jaime or Tyrion.

2 hours ago, Danelle said:

I suppose that D&D chose to omit that part about the valonquar because it would be too obvious to the show watchers that her killer would be either Jaime or Tyrion.

That's exactly what I thought,they just omitted a few parts from the books...

3 hours ago, Danelle said:

Remember that scene from s2, during Blackwater, when Cersei holds Tommen and attempts to poison him but then she realises that her side won the battle?

It has long been suggested that it foreshadows Tommen's eventual murder by his mother.

Hah! Foreshadowing in the show? You sweet summer child. 

Are we certain that Tommen is not scamming the High Sparrow with all this new-found piety?

We know Margaery has some scheme, and the HS did direct her to start shagging Tommen again so they can produce an heir. I doubt that the septa will follow her into the bedding chamber -- although I suppose it's possible -- so that would be a good time for Margy to talk frankly with Tommen. So maybe Tommen is just playing a part?

Also, I don't recall if the charges in the show specifically refer to Tommen not being the son of Robert, but they are awfully close to that truth, which means that if Cersei loses her trial Tommen could very well lose his crown. I have a hard time believing that Tommen is not aware of this.

19 hours ago, chasing the dragons said:

The prophesy states that her joy will turn to ashes, could this be a reference to the burning of Kings Landing?  She thinks she has defeated the high sparrow, maybe by trying to implement a "controlled burn" of kings landing. There fire spreads to her, (ashes in her mouth,) then she is killed. 

The joy to ashes line was a sick burn from Tyrion. It could be foreshadowing, but still shouldn't be considered a prophesy.

On 6/15/2016 at 4:59 AM, Danelle said:

In the tv series Maggy never mentions the valonquar but this doesn't mean that Cersei will not be killed by a little brother.

Shit i was hoping that it would be "no one". That would be very fitting.

Yea, Cersies prophecy in show just has her kids dying, nothing about the little brother killing her.

I think Cersie will accidentally kill Tommen and Jamie (little brother of Rhaegar) will purposely murder his Nyssa Nyssa for killing their last child and sleeping with Lancel (when he finally finds out).

Archived