So where did Arya get all that money?

Damon_Tor

Hmmm....

Scenario 1 : In some scene that was cut she asked Jaqen to be paid in advance for the assassin job. As Jaqen is a kindly man he accepted.

Scenario 2 : In some scene that was cut she asked the Iron Bank for a loan. Iron Bank was about to refuse, but Davos-the-stark-supporter teleported and showed them his fingers again.

Scenario 3 : In some scene that was cut she killed the insurance guy and stole his money. Would explain why she levelled to "no-one", having finally completed a mission.

13 hours ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

Imo, she stole the money and was acting all 'off' to lure the waif out. The plan was to make the waif chase her to the lair, put out the candle, and kill her. Instead, she lured her out and got stabbed.

This is the only explanation I can come up with beyond simply 'bad writing' even though this stretch of an explanation still falls under 'bad writing' because

A ) stealing two heavy purses full of coin is a big deal and should have been explained/shown to the viewer

B ) there was conveniently an already lit candle in the room she set as a trap and candles don't burn for days on end

C ) how the fuck was she not suspicious of that old lady and let her get within stabbing range given what she knows about the FM and their ways? 

1 hour ago, Ser Hyle said:

This is the only explanation I can come up with beyond simply 'bad writing' even though this stretch of an explanation still falls under 'bad writing' because

A ) stealing two heavy purses full of coin is a big deal and should have been explained/shown to the viewer

B ) there was conveniently an already lit candle in the room she set as a trap and candles don't burn for days on end

C ) how the fuck was she not suspicious of that old lady and let her get within stabbing range given what she knows about the FM and their ways? 

I thought she lit the candle when she first ran in. There was a little time between when she ran in and the waif followed her.

But I agree about the writing. It could have been done much better.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:39 PM, no_one_... said:

She took the $ off the Hound and hid it w/her sword & clothes. He got it from the man and daughter.

a poor farmer in the middle of a war zone has 2 bags of silver/gold?

I have a post waiting to be approved where I complain and give my theory about the larger writing "problems"?  but I think we're just supposed to assume she stole it and take the "What do you care" response as the answer to our question...  I can buy a stolen explanation, but its probably only palatable because I read the books and recall the expertise she shows in her assignment to kill the moneylender...

22 hours ago, Lord Freypie said:

Hmmm....

Scenario 1 : In some scene that was cut she asked Jaqen to be paid in advance for the assassin job. As Jaqen is a kindly man he accepted.

Scenario 2 : In some scene that was cut she asked the Iron Bank for a loan. Iron Bank was about to refuse, but Davos-the-stark-supporter teleported and showed them his fingers again.

Scenario 3 : In some scene that was cut she killed the insurance guy and stole his money. Would explain why she levelled to "no-one", having finally completed a mission.

Scenario 2 :rofl: 

She was sent by the faceless men to embed with the actors. She was probably set up with a room, exactly like she was set up with a room in the sample chapter from WOW. As to where she got the money, FM have lots of money and may have provided her with money to complete her job. Also she could steal money very easily. 

I'm not so happy with how this whole plot played out, but where she got money and how she had a room are not serious problems. 

Arya's story in the last two episodes makes no sense unless we assume she is a cunning plotter who's been carefully scheming for this outcome from the start of the season:

1) Arya figures early on that the Waif hates her guts (because envy) and will try to kill her eventually.

2) Arya pretends to be a klutz in their fighting lessons. She's actually a fight-blind prodigy

3) Arya pretends to be transparent Someone while honing her acting skills.

4) Arya nurtures her relationship with the head priest so he'll let her go eventually. Also to goad Waif to despise her more and be reckless when it counts.

5) She prepares the room where she'll kill Waif (places her sword there)

6) She playacts entitled stupid biatch for Waif:

a. She pretend to buy a cabin on a ship back to Westeros (using a sack full of stones)

b. She pretends not to notice Waif in old woman guise and let her stab her with 'fatal' wounds and 'drowns' in the canal.

c. Goes to unpoisoned actress for rest and bandaging, enforcing Waif's impression that she's stupid prey.

d. When Waif finally shows up, lead her on a merry chase to the killing room.

7) In the dark Arya takes Waif down quickly by surprising her with her hidden swordskills

8) Arya uses head priest's fondness for her to regain her freedom.

(Head priests understand her achievement in completely fooling Waif and calls her No one)

Archived