Bran the Kingslayer

Well, I have a problem with show's version of Bran's visions (we haven't seen book's version yet, that's why I don't have a problem with books ^_^). According to the books, trees are the ones who get all these memmories. And as you all know, trees in the south were cut long before Mad King sat on the IT. While visions about Tower of Joy may be understandable (Ned was there and he went back to Winterfell to sit in front of white tree), King's Landing is a mystery to me. Therefore I cannot imagine it was Bran convicing Mad King to do anything.

4 hours ago, TheSmallOther said:

Well, I have a problem with show's version of Bran's visions (we haven't seen book's version yet, that's why I don't have a problem with books ^_^). According to the books, trees are the ones who get all these memmories. And as you all know, trees in the south were cut long before Mad King sat on the IT. While visions about Tower of Joy may be understandable (Ned was there and he went back to Winterfell to sit in front of white tree), King's Landing is a mystery to me. Therefore I cannot imagine it was Bran convicing Mad King to do anything.

Bran's visions aren't tied to the trees and what they have specifically witnessed, it's something that gets repeated a bit but it's incorrect. BR to Bran;

'Once you have mastered your gifts, you may look where you will and see what the trees have seen, be it yesterday or last year or a thousand ages past.................but in time you will see well beyond the trees themselves.'

On June 17, 2016 at 9:22 AM, TheSmallOther said:

I don't think the tree-eyed crow’s only eyes are trees alone.

On 6/17/2016 at 2:15 PM, Count Winter said:

If he could put the idea of "Burn them all" in the mad kings head then why could't he tell him not to burn his family. If he is able to travel through time, then he would know his plan would not work... 

Obviously the "Burn them all" bit would have been taken out of context by Aerys in this scenario. The irony would be if the outside influence of a greenseer prying into his mind was what drove him mad.

7 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Obviously the "Burn them all" bit would have been taken out of context by Aerys in this scenario. The irony would be if the outside influence of a greenseer prying into his mind was what drove him mad.

Yes of course, but with the time-traveling abilities of Bran and Bloodraven one would think they could have prevented that... 

12 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Obviously the "Burn them all" bit would have been taken out of context by Aerys in this scenario. 

It was indeed. Bloodraven was pissed that the Iron Throne wanted to cut down the weirwoods to make room for a soul-crushing mall. So over the years, what Bloodraven was really whispering to his nephew was:

“Burn the Mall!”

Aerys simply got it all wrong.  I blame Melisandre.

22 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It was indeed. Bloodraven was pissed that the Iron Throne wanted to cut down the weirwoods to make room for a soul-crushing mall. So over the years, what Bloodraven was really whispering to his nephew was:

“Burn the Mall!”

Aerys simply got it all wrong.  I blame Melisandre.

HAHaaaa Burn the fucking Mall!!! I love it

On ‎17‎.‎06‎.‎2016‎. at 5:22 PM, TheSmallOther said:

When Bloodraven talking to Bran about greensight he tell him that he will see through weirwood first and later far beyond.

I'm still not convinced that Bran can change future. I choose to believe that Bloodraven send vision of his future death to Walder and make Bran to believe that this is his doing, so he become more responsible with his powers. I can see it play like this in the books, but I think show will not touch this time travel to much.

Maybe Bloodraven I remember i read somewhere that Mad King wanted to make second wall beyond first one this might be other clue From interview I get that Bran will be more holy men take position Kingmaker *future spoils for season 7 or Winds of Winter * Well we have two stark he will support Jon and Sansa /But I personally support him being king I huge fan of http://the-isle-of-faces.tumblr.com/ theories about Bran so we will see and also depending on how thinks come bran can be kingslayer euronslayer in the future

I think Jaime acted on his own. When he was younger he bought into all the knight stuff of honor and such. He is even my bet for the knight if the laughing tree. He still struggles with wanting to do the Honorable thing but his sister keeps getting in the way.

I really think everyone has this "time travelling" thing wrong, way wrong.  I don't think Bran did anything in his green dream of Hodor becoming Hodor.  I think, instead, Hodor had a green dream much like Jojen Reed's green dreams.  He saw how he dies in it and had a seizure, just like Jojen saw how he dies and had a seizure (and many others while he was green seeing, which is why Meera was so protective over him and his health).  Jojen awoke from that in a very deep depression and didn't want to do anything but go home.  Hodor awoke from his seizure with his brain fried.  I think Bran simply was there in the green dream, witnessing the moment he became "Hodor" and started crying there knowing that it's him warging into present Hodor which causes the death he's having a vision of, and that "Hodor" - whom he is very fond of, if not loves like family - has been the way he is because of his actions *at that moment*.

Archived