Cersei/Qyburn Rumor

Zoo_Dane

Just after Ser Gregor decapitated a member of the Faith Militant and the rest ran away Cersei asks Qyburn about a rumor she had him investigate. To which Qyburn says the rumors are true and there's more to it. 

What was the rumor? 

My assumption is that we're about to learn out who the High Sparrow really is. No one can be that skilled in the game of thrones without experience. 

The most popular theory is that the rumours concern the hidden wildfire.

But I think that it is very likely that it might be something more.

As you mention, HS is particularly skilled in the Game and seems to have no weak points.

Cersei and Margaery are vulnerable when threatened with their freedom or the safety of their loved ones but HS seems to literally have nothing to lose, no one to protect, his past seems unblemished.

It would be fun if it turns out that he has dark secrets.

Its the presence of wildfire under the city 

Cerci is going to have the cache under the great sept ignited, but she and her agents will be unaware of a tunnel from the sept to the palace and a 2nd cache, 

So when the sept goes up taking the sparrow and his supporters Cerci will be on a hill smiling as she watches it unaware that below a flash fire will spread down this tunnel to a 2nd Cache under the red keep which will also explode, taking tommen et al with it, 

and Cerci's joy will turn to literal ashes 

1 hour ago, Danelle said:

The most popular theory is that the rumours concern the hidden wildfire.

But I think that it is very likely that it might be something more.

As you mention, HS is particularly skilled in the Game and seems to have no weak points.

Cersei and Margaery are vulnerable when threatened with their freedom or the safety of their loved ones but HS seems to literally have nothing to lose, no one to protect, his past seems unblemished.

That would be amazing !

Bran's flash(forward?) showed a wildfire explosion in a tunnel and we know that such an event hasn't happened in kings landing in the past (despite the mad jing's wishes). 

So im guessing that was a vision of a future event and could be linked to cersei's plans. I could see the trial going all wrong for her and she goes nuts and tries to burn the sept but it backfires and she sets the whole city on fire. We know in the books she used wildfire as she burns the tower of the hand after Tywin dies.

'Put's on tinfoil hat' - what if Cercei admits Tommen is a bastard, meaning he is no rightful heir and the high sparrow looses grip on the Throne?

I read a theory somewhere that technically, trough some ancient lineage Cercei would inherit the throne in that scenario.

Or would that be too much information for the show writers to handle?

Whilst the wildfire notion is intriging, I'm not sure how little birds listening to chatter around King's Landing would uncover hidden caches of the stuff.

So I am leaning more towards the High Sparrow having some secret. I hope it isn't that he is Howland Reed as that would be terrible :o

My guess would be some dark secrets from HS past.

5 hours ago, Les Météores D said:

On a side note, gotta admire Qyburn's loyalty to Cersei til the very end.

I'd say he has no much other choice. As a confirmed necromancer who is despised by Pycelle, he can either stay and play the game and support Cersei (whose rest of influence protects him), or pack and leave the city asap. If he stays, Cersei might still have a chance to win.

4 hours ago, ruudsegers said:

'Put's on tinfoil hat' - what if Cercei admits Tommen is a bastard, meaning he is no rightful heir and the high sparrow looses grip on the Throne?

I read a theory somewhere that technically, trough some ancient lineage Cercei would inherit the throne in that scenario.

Or would that be too much information for the show writers to handle?

Ok, that would be priceless. Imagine HS face when Cersei publicly states that Tommen is a bastard with no claim on the throne and thus all his order are invalid? *evil laughing* And if the theory you mention is true, the season would end with Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne. As THE queen, wouldn't she have some kind of diplomatic immunity? So no trial.  Oooh, I'd love that. So it's not gonna happen.

6 hours ago, Danelle said:

3 hours ago, Xarkar said:

Info on the HS that would incriminate him?

I guess in a way it would be fun if he has dark secrets, but it really wouldn't matter all that much.  The entire persona he's taken on is as a flawed man, a sinner, someone no better than anyone else.  Furthermore, he's a leader of a religion where all he has to do is repent and ask for forgiveness and he's dandy.  He'd probably gain even more supporters if he willingly removes his rags and walks naked down the street as penitence.  Worst case, he goes through a trial, but they've just abolished trial by combat and it's super easy to stack a jury.  

Archived