Cersei/Qyburn Rumor

Zoo_Dane

While I admit the wildfire theory is correct, suppose for a second that the 'rumor' they were talking about is Tyrion now advising the Mother of Dragons? Cersei clearly lost almost all her power and influence at this point; she would like Margaery out of the picture (i.e. dead); wants to get rid of the Faith Militant and the High Sparrow (again, dead...); and might even have given up on her son, Tommen, since she knows she will lose him per the prophecy. So why not offer House Lannister's support to Daenerys?

• One Lannister already swore loyalty to her, why not throw the entire house's support behind her (although it's hard to see why she would "follow Tyrion's lead" and do what Tyrion does, when she hates him)?
  • Cersei could see Dany as her way out of the mess she created around herself.
  • Dany could then basically kill the HS, FM and Margaery for her, and restore some/all of the Lannister's power.
  • Yes, she wouldn't be queen anymore, but she would have her revenge and could see her house's glory restored (at least partially) and enemies destroyed.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Donaldys I Trumpagar said:

Not sure how Qyburn's little birds listening to rumors in the streets of King's Landing would have anything to do with a cache of wildfire. Also: didn't Tyrion use the cache of wildfire at Blackwater?

Seems some info about the HS would be more of a fit.

Whether it makes sense of not, I think the widefire has been thoroughly foreshadowed at this point.

I dont understand why Cersei needed this rumour confirmed. I mean she already found a cache of Aerys' wildfire stash in S2 so she shoukd be sure that theres more out there.

Must be the wildfire, especially after that snippet about King's Landing going BOOM although I've always thought it was going to be Daenerys who blows up the city.

Though wouldn't it be dramatically satisfying to watch Cersei as her plan goes horribly wrong, and Tommen, her last joy, will literally turn to ashes in her mouth? Do we still consider D&D to think about things like that?

19 hours ago, Lordsteve666 said:

Bran's flash(forward?) showed a wildfire explosion in a tunnel and we know that such an event hasn't happened in kings landing in the past (despite the mad jing's wishes). 

So im guessing that was a vision of a future event and could be linked to cersei's plans. I could see the trial going all wrong for her and she goes nuts and tries to burn the sept but it backfires and she sets the whole city on fire. We know in the books she used wildfire as she burns the tower of the hand after Tywin dies.

I sure hope it doesn't find the tunnel to the brothel, that would be tragic.

10 hours ago, Ruhail said:

I dont understand why Cersei needed this rumour confirmed. I mean she already found a cache of Aerys' wildfire stash in S2 so she shoukd be sure that theres more out there.

13 hours ago, Donaldys I Trumpagar said:

Not sure how Qyburn's little birds listening to rumors in the streets of King's Landing would have anything to do with a cache of wildfire. Also: didn't Tyrion use the cache of wildfire at Blackwater?

Seems some info about the HS would be more of a fit.

Cersei was already making wildfire in S2.

The existence of more pots, containing the substance, should not be a rumour. 

Lancel Lannister: It's wildfire. 
Tyrion Lannister: Wildfire? You wouldn't lie to me, would you, cousin? 
Lancel Lannister: No. 
Tyrion Lannister: That's a lie right there. 
Lancel Lannister: It is NOT a lie. Why would I lie? 
Tyrion Lannister: Tell me: if the vile allegations against my brother and sister are true, do you think it will make Jaime more likely to kill you, or less likely? When I tell him you're fucking her, I mean. 
Lancel Lannister: I'm telling you the truth... 
Tyrion Lannister: The smart money would be on "more likely." 
Lancel Lannister: She's making wildfire, I sw... 
Tyrion Lannister: But then, perhaps his own unnatural urges would give him sympathy for yours. 
Lancel Lannister: The Alchemists' Guild is being commissioned... 
Tyrion Lannister: I suppose there's only one way to find out. 
Lancel Lannister: They have thousands of pots, already stored in their vaults. They are planning to launch it from the city walls in Stannis' ships and armies. Please! 

I assumed it had something to do with the secret passages in the Red Keep & Cersei is gonna have Qyburn send his little birds sneaking around killing her enemies in their sleep. We had that scene in the trailers of the kids stabbing somebody & as others have pointed out, Cersei has known about the wildfire for years.

Of course D&D could just ignore s2 Cersei, you know, for reasons & it is the hidden wildfire

20 minutes ago, TWR said:

Of course D&D could just ignore s2 Cersei, you know, for reasons & it is the hidden wildfire

Perhaps you are right and this will be the case...:(

Untill then I will have fun speculating what terrible secret the HS harbours.:D

18 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Imagine HS face when Cersei publicly states that Tommen is a bastard with no claim on the throne and thus all his order are invalid?

Surely a priceless scene - But what will happen then? Will she be Queen? I doubt it! Remember Varys statement abot where real power resides...

Cersey has no real power backing her except unGregor, and even  he will not be enough!

And the smallfolk does not like her either!

She thinks she still has power, but the scene in the throne-room clearly shows that she has not!

I think it's about Tyrion being alive, considering after Qyburn finishes his sentence about the rumor the show switches over to Tyrion in Mereen.

Though in the show they haven't showed Cersei obsessing over finding Tyrion like they did in the books.

It's the wildfire...you can't ignore all the foreshadowing: Bran's visions, the comment from Jaime about burning cities to protect their children, Olenna alluring to her taking on her enemies alone, hell Cersei herself has said in seasons past that she would rather see her house and the city burn before giving up her children.

On 14/6/2016 at 11:14 AM, Danelle said:

The most popular theory is that the rumours concern the hidden wildfire.

But I think that it is very likely that it might be something more.

As you mention, HS is particularly skilled in the Game and seems to have no weak points.

Cersei and Margaery are vulnerable when threatened with their freedom or the safety of their loved ones but HS seems to literally have nothing to lose, no one to protect, his past seems unblemished.

It would be fun if it turns out that he has dark secrets.

but how would that be a rumour?

Hidden tunnels with blackfire liquid hidden and now it's the time they know about it because the children discovered them?

Of course it could be, and they are as Old as Aerys, but I thought that Cersei would have known about that long time ago.

Archived