Cersei/Qyburn Rumor

Zoo_Dane

I am pretty sure this is the rumor Cersei is talking about from Jamie's speech to Brienne at the bathtub in harrenhall.

"The mad king was obsessed with it. He loved to watch people burn--the way their skin blackened, blistered, melted off their bones. He burned lords he didn't like; he burned Hands that disobeyed him; he burned anyone that was against him. Before long, half the country was against him. Aerys saw traitors everywhere, so he had his pyromancer place caches of wildfire all over the city: beneath the Sept of Baelor, the slums of flea bottom, under houses, stables, taverns, even beneath the Red Keep itself"

21 hours ago, Donaldys I Trumpagar said:

Not sure how Qyburn's little birds listening to rumors in the streets of King's Landing would have anything to do with a cache of wildfire. Also: didn't Tyrion use the cache of wildfire at Blackwater?

Seems some info about the HS would be more of a fit.

The little birds only job isn't to listen to rumors... One of the advantages of these little birds are that they are little. Just because Cercei has used wildfire in the past doesn't mean that she knew where all of the wildfire was. The rumor was most likely a rumor that the mad King had a large stache hidden under the city, which was only speculation until the little birds found and confirmed it. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo Kressh said:

It's the wildfire...you can't ignore all the foreshadowing: Bran's visions, the comment from Jaime about burning cities to protect their children, Olenna alluring to her taking on her enemies alone, hell Cersei herself has said in seasons past that she would rather see her house and the city burn before giving up her children.

Exactly. There haven't been any hints at finding out the HS background, and I'm not sure but I don't even think Tyrion has been mentioned in KL all season. But this wildfire plot has been hinted at all season. 

17 hours ago, Lady Sansa Stark said:

Must be the wildfire, especially after that snippet about King's Landing going BOOM although I've always thought it was going to be Daenerys who blows up the city.

Though wouldn't it be dramatically satisfying to watch Cersei as her plan goes horribly wrong, and Tommen, her last joy, will literally turn to ashes in her mouth? Do we still consider D&D to think about things like that?

She's going to lick his burnt corpse? Has this been foreshadowed?

3 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

She's going to lick his burnt corpse? Has this been foreshadowed?

Eeewww, I hope not. That'd be creepy as hell o_O

Jaime: "Cersei, how are you... OH GODS WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!"

*Cersei licks the corpse*

Cersei: "What? Is this not what you do when your kid gets burnt to a crisp?"

Jaime: "Um... no."

Cersei: "I guess Qyburn lied to me."

Archived