Match Day 5: Austria vs Hungry, Portugal vs Iceland

21 minutes ago, Fuchs, himself! said:

Things are going down-Alp very quickly here.  Does anyone happen to know if it is possible to preorder drinks in the Loser's Lounge?

There's plenty of Marillenschnaps and other Obstlers readily waiting for you. Austria truely fucked themselves today.

Hungary played the best they could, but that shouldn't have been a problem.

It's probably the Király jinx, Koller should have scratched his balls properly to fend it off.

I'd thought it would be an indifferent filler match, but that was a cracking game of football. Lovely second goal. Looking forward now to watching Ronaldo insist on taking every shot himself, from outside the box, and firing them way past the post just like he did when Portugal crashed out the Euros last time.

1 minute ago, Bjornbert said:

The mighty vikings will defeat Ronaldo and his boyband!

You must invoke the mighty thighs of the Valkyries on them, and prepare to enter football Valhalla if you fail to smite them with your berserker horde. 

I may happen to reverse to being Norwegian after the Euros. 

Considering that, and considering I don't really like Ronaldo - and Pepe, if anyone was in doubt - tonight I'll be cheering for Iceland, who are in their first championship ever.

It's the Allthing vs. Christ(ian)o the Messiah, my loyalties should be clear, but Nani is captain of my fantasy team today - so I will want a Portugal win and at least an assist or so from him so I don't lose my place in midfield of the league.

Great Sound by the Icelandic(?) supporters, creates a wonderful atmosphere - I'm happy as long as no one but Nani scores ;).

Both Bödvarson and Bjarnason have been playing for the local rivals (well, frankly, their former team is much better, but still) of Bryne FK, the best team in the world. So I've been rooting against them more often than not. 

Not so today!

I know I'm biased, but watching Pepe's reaction to that tackle...

It's incredible he's not booked. And it's truly incredible that referees don't watch for that sort of shit from him - it should be carded out of his behaviour asap - even though it is about 10 years late. Truly an easy-to-hate player, and certainly one of the most deserving of footballing hate.

10 minutes ago, Hazardous said:

I know I'm biased, but watching Pepe's reaction to that tackle...

Every sensible person will admit that Pepe should have become a mexican wrestler instead of a footballer.

I really like the Icelandic fans.  This game is the most fun to watch, even if it lacks the quality of the Italien game.

Archived