Will Brienne be the Battle of the Bastards Gandalf?

ruudsegers

This episode, Brienne rowed away from Riverrun in a boat.

Looking at the map and assuming she is rowing north, she might meet up with the Crannogmen and their leader Howland Reed.

Might they become the bunny (frog) out of the hat that saves the day during the battle for Winterfel?

If might explain presenting Mr Reed earlier in the show

If she keeps rowing, she'll get nowhere near the crannogmen. She'll reach the Trident and eventually she would reach King's Landing and the sea, where perhaps she could meet Gendry (who's been rowing there since season 3).

If she plans to disembark at some point and her idea is to go back to the North, going through Moat Cailin would be the logical way to go. Realistically it would be a very long trip, so we shouldn't expect to see her anymore this season, but in this show she'll probably reunite with Sansa at the beginning of next's episode.

6 minutes ago, The hairy bear said:

If she keeps rowing, she'll get nowhere near the crannogmen. She'll reach the Trident and eventually she would reach King's Landing and the sea, where perhaps she could meet Gendry (who's been rowing there since season 3).

If she plans to disembark at some point and her idea is to go back to the North, going through Moat Cailin would be the logical way to go. Realistically it would be a very long trip, so we shouldn't expect to see her anymore this season, but in this show she'll probably reunite with Sansa at the beginning of next's episode.

Maybe she will run into gendry. i mean he's gotta be still rowing.

Howland Reed<----------F&CK THIS GUY.  Let's send my kids on a dangerous journey that is for sure to get at least one killed while I hide out and do nothing to help my liege Lord or his kids.  The only redemption for him at this point is if he turns out to be the High Septon and even then he should be stripped of all lands and titles and sent to the Wall.

5 minutes ago, The Lash said:

Howland Reed<----------F&CK THIS GUY.  Let's send my kids on a dangerous journey that is for sure to get at least one killed while I hide out and do nothing to help my liege Lord or his kids.  The only redemption for him at this point is if he turns out to be the High Septon and even then he should be stripped of all lands and titles and sent to the Wall.

For all we know he may be a cripple or something by this point. Also the frog-eaters are not at all effective in open battle.

Just now, daemonTheBlack said:

For all we know he may be a cripple or something by this point. Also the frog-eaters are not at all effective in open warfare.

Does not excuse the lack action, He is a Lord.  I know the Crannogmen are not fighters.  If he has the Mormont with Rob 's Will and is just sitting on it, that is BS.  He could have made efforts to find Sansa, Arya, And Rickon.  It is basically a given that Rob legitimized Jon.  Rob knew Jon is at the wall.  He also knows that Jon is Rhaegar Targaryens son.  Why not send one frickin dude to meet Dany and forge an alliance.  I am sure he knows Dany has amassed an army and oh yeah.......she has Dragons.   HMM.....not like they could be a game changer.   

If you think a little about it, Jon and Sansa´s journey around the North could be the long time Brienne needs to get back there. If I´m not mistaken, she could use the boat till the Trident and use the Kingsroad north, which would take her close to the Eyrie and to a probable Littlefinger´s army marching north just to be safe.

ps-LF has even already told Cersei he´s marching north, I don´t think sansa´s little scene is about to stop him.

On June 14, 2016 at 6:55 AM, The hairy bear said:

It seems doubtful the BF would have sent her out facing south, the green fork go's up to the neck, just by the crannogmen.

6 hours ago, NutBurz said:

If you think a little about it, Jon and Sansa´s journey around the North could be the long time Brienne needs to get back there. If I´m not mistaken, she could use the boat till the Trident and use the Kingsroad north, which would take her close to the Eyrie and to a probable Littlefinger´s army marching north just to be safe.

The vale army is already at Moat Cailin (unless LF lied to Sansa in moles town). Brienne should know that both because she was present at that meeting and must have passed Moat Cailin on her way down to Riverrun.

8 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

It seems doubtful the BF would have sent her out facing south, the green fork go's up to the neck, just by the crannogmen.

But Riverrun is at the Red Fork. If you mean that Brienne could reach the Trident and then row upriver through the Green Fork to the Neck, that just can't be done. No one can row against the flow in a river of the size of the Green Fork. A ship with sails and forty oarsmen, perhaps. Brienne and Pod alone, no way.

4 hours ago, Rhollo said:

The vale army is already at Moat Cailin (unless LF lied to Sansa in moles town). Brienne should know that both because she was present at that meeting and must have passed Moat Cailin on her way down to Riverrun.

Yup.

A long time is supposed to have passed, it would be funny if Sansa and her sixty something bear islanders were Littlefinger´s Gandalf.

If we are borrowing from the Lord of the Ring's / Helm's Deep analogy, then LIttlefinger will have Gandalf's "look to the east" part. 

Right as the battle is about to go pear shaped and hope is lotst, Littlefinger will roll in with the Nights of the Vale to save the day. 

I don´t get it. Do people expect the series to show a minimap? To show one of those comedy maps of the country with a traced line to indicate where the character in question is going? Or to shows us scenes of them just travelling for a really really long time? Should Littlefinger and Jon and everyone always have a line "man, we´ve surely travelled a lot between last scene and this one, uh"?

Sadly LF will be the one to show up and save the day.  Was hoping for Manderley but he hasn't been introduced so there's not much point in some random fat guy turning up. 

Much as I want to meet Howland Reed, I don't think this is his role. 

Not overly worried by the speedy travelling either. Agree with @NutBurz on this. 

I am sure that Brienne will be present and will fight effectively at the Batlle of the Bstards. She is definetely going to use the uncle Petyr teleport book of spells, create some magic here and there and bes on the winner`s side. So, in all seriousness, I reckon that there ain`t no chance in hell she`s gonna miss the epic fun that`s gonna be the battle of those goddamn bastards of whore-fuckers. But Brienne is coming all by herself, accompanied only by Podrick, who despite being a stupid but brave guy, that saved Tyrion`s life at the Battle of Blackwater bay, and also possessins a relatively huge cock /that`s what Bronn said, I`m sure the lucky guy is banging doggy every busty chick he meets down the way to Riverlands and back again/ but he isn`t the gamechanger, nor is that monster of a women Brienne. 

There ain`t any doubt at all that the Savior this time will be the one and only LF. He`s gonna own the place, steal the spotlight from the immortal bastard and /i hope really/ become The King of the north.

Archived