White Walkers during the Bastardbowl?

While it may seem plausible that our next episode is all about them bastards..  Could it be possible that near the end of the battle the WW will arrive?  I mean... heck we got like 15 people of the nights watch guarding the wall whom have no maester that will send a raven or sound the warning out in time.  I think its a much darker twist than if the Vale shows up to save the day and LF announcing his plans of becoming the warden and denouncing both Sansa and Jon.  His army will be superior in everyway compared to any of the remaining northern houses and the only way to spell certain doom is for the WW to just show up unannounced as they did in Hardhome.

I can't write for shit but here goes my take:

The bittered forces of Jon's army take on Ramsay with our favorite bastard leading a desperate gamble against the Flayer.  In the costly gamble hundreds will die and Ramsay will begin to charge against Jon's last remaining lines and all hope looks lost for our hero.  Then the sound of a war horn will blast and radiate the air (even as the temperature starts to drop and clouds are seen far off in the distance) and with another sound of the horn thousands of new knights take to the battlefield under the Vale banner and sweep the Bolton forces with ease.  Ramsay is taken hostage after an epic fight between him and Jon.  As Ramsay curses and belittles Jon and reminds him of his heritage as a bastard and always will be, Jon gives Sansa the honor of killing him.  As the battle wraps up, thunderous cloud of fog sweeps in from the north, as well as bitter cold and wind.  Jon's face turns from victory relief to desperation as he remembers what this could mean.  He yells at his forces, the vale soldiers, and even the remaining enemy to make way for winterfell.  Not believing him the enemy and even the knights of the vale continue fighting and Jon runs back to Sansa and tells her to make a run for the castle but she reminds him it still has frey combatants within.  A crack of thunder and gloomy fog approaching shows the arrival of the WW and the full weight of their legion of dead.  Sansa screams and the battle of the bastards stops frozen in place as all eyes are in horror at what is coming.  Once they were enemies but now all forces make a break for it....  to Winterfell or beyond but many are trapped as the fresh piles of dead reanimate back to life pincing them in clusters and spelling their doom.  Jon secures a horse and him and Sansa make a break for the castle...

21 minutes ago, bfin said:

I love the theory but it's way too early for them to show up. Maybe by the 7th season finale they pour over the wall

Aye indeed....  Truly the twist during last episode (8) when Tommen cancels Cersei's mountain champion fight caught me off guard.  Its twists like these that really throw the curveball and are exciting IMO.  An improbable aspect such as WW arriving early enough to spill onto the conflicts of mere mortals would be the catalyst for topping off all the other seasons put together.

1 hour ago, JamesD2020 said:

Aye indeed....  Truly the twist during last episode (8) when Tommen cancels Cersei's mountain champion fight caught me off guard.  Its twists like these that really throw the curveball and are exciting IMO.  An improbable aspect such as WW arriving early enough to spill onto the conflicts of mere mortals would be the catalyst for topping off all the other seasons put together.

Believe me, I wish they were coming. You said you couldn't write good, but you wrote an interesting story. I'd love that scene

9 hours ago, JamesD2020 said:

While it may seem plausible that our next episode is all about them bastards..  Could it be possible that near the end of the battle the WW will arrive?  I mean... heck we got like 15 people of the nights watch guarding the wall whom have no maester that will send a raven or sound the warning out in time.  I think its a much darker twist than if the Vale shows up to save the day and LF announcing his plans of becoming the warden and denouncing both Sansa and Jon.  His army will be superior in everyway compared to any of the remaining northern houses and the only way to spell certain doom is for the WW to just show up unannounced as they did in Hardhome.

The bittered forces of Jon's army take on Ramsay with our favorite bastard leading a desperate gamble against the Flayer.  In the costly gamble hundreds will die and Ramsay will begin to charge against Jon's last remaining lines and all hope looks lost for our hero.  Then the sound of a war horn will blast and radiate the air (even as the temperature starts to drop and clouds are seen far off in the distance) and with another sound of the horn thousands of new knights take to the battlefield under the Vale banner and sweep the Bolton forces with ease.  Ramsay is taken hostage after an epic fight between him and Jon.  As Ramsay curses and belittles Jon and reminds him of his heritage as a bastard and always will be, Jon gives Sansa the honor of killing him.  As the battle wraps up, thunderous cloud of fog sweeps in from the north, as well as bitter cold and wind.  Jon's face turns from victory relief to desperation as he remembers what this could mean.  He yells at his forces, the vale soldiers, and even the remaining enemy to make way for winterfell.  Not believing him the enemy and even the knights of the vale continue fighting and Jon runs back to Sansa and tells her to make a run for the castle but she reminds him it still has frey combatants within.  A crack of thunder and gloomy fog approaching shows the arrival of the WW and the full weight of their legion of dead.  Sansa screams and the battle of the bastards stops frozen in place as all eyes are in horror at what is coming.  Once they were enemies but now all forces make a break for it....  to Winterfell or beyond but many are trapped as the fresh piles of dead reanimate back to life pincing them in clusters and spelling their doom.  Jon secures a horse and him and Sansa make a break for the castle...

The wall has to fall first

We wont see the White Walkers till the seasons end. Bran has to face them at the wall, he isnt at the wall yet. 

I think that ep 9 will be Bran reaching the wall and main focus be on the battle of winterfell. 

Battle of Meeren wont happen till ep 10 but it will only be short. Dany will just release her Dragons and they will surrender and shell take their ships. We will hopefully finally see her go to Westeros. 

13 hours ago, JamesD2020 said:

They couldn't even keep up with Meera tugging Bran on a sled.  It'll take them months to get to Winterfell.

The White Walkers are a test of Westeros vanity & pettiness. Its such a cliche story line - perceived enemies binding together for the greater good. Similar to how in independence day all the worlds nations put their differences aside to fight off the alient invasion for the good of mankind. 

I hope that isnt the story line in the forthcoming season. Although I have a feeling the White Walkers actually want something specific, and they are not just a zombie hoard killing all in their path. 

1 hour ago, Adam141414 said:

The White Walkers are a test of Westeros vanity & pettiness. Its such a cliche story line - perceived enemies binding together for the greater good. Similar to how in independence day all the worlds nations put their differences aside to fight off the alient invasion for the good of mankind. 

I hope that isnt the story line in the forthcoming season. Although I have a feeling the White Walkers actually want something specific, and they are not just a zombie hoard killing all in their path. 

I agree,not merely just death and destruction. They have a goal. They have been waiting for something. They know they have to wait until the time is right.

16 hours ago, bfin said:

I love the theory but it's way too early for them to show up. Maybe by the 7th season finale they pour over the wall

I'd say their time is past, it's finally a chance for the show to move on. I don't even care about a fall of the wall /  logical explanation any more as this is something that has been taken away from me in the whole of the season, I just want something cool to happen. The way OP broke it down would be the least I expect from episode 9, anything else will bore me to death.

2 hours ago, Morgred said:

Jon become king of the north and 5 minutes later WW come and kill all northernmen 

and jon will be king of nothing

I think (hope) that this will be LF's storyline. He'll succeed and finally sit on the Iron Throne when the 7 kingdoms are no more.

I think Jon doesn't care about becoming king, IMHO it wouldn't be as meaningful for his character to lose it all. 

23 hours ago, bfin said:

By mid 7th season they will show up there is only 13 episodes in seasons 7 and 8 combined. Espically since they will still most likely be unstoppable 

1 hour ago, MilesJames said:

By mid 7th season they will show up there is only 13 episodes in seasons 7 and 8 combined. Espically since they will still most likely be unstoppable 

Exactly. That's why they can't show up with 10 episodes to go. End of season 7 or first episode of season 8 at the earliest.Couldn't stretch it out that far with how deadly they are

From a storywriting persective, it doesn't make sense to bring the Others south of the Wall yet. It's not like we are going to have deep insight into their thoughts at this point, with conversations between the NK and his henchmen. Just imagine the lame joke scenes between Tyrion, Missandei and Greyworm, except the NK and his dudes. Not going to happen. The Others will spill over next season methinks, and it will be just epic fighting.

The White Walkers coming south beyond the wall will be the final scene of THIS season. 

Keep in mind that these shows always need their big villain. If BastardBowl goes the way we hope it does, then Ramsey's end is relatively near. This would naturally push the villainous arc onto the White Walkers. 

Also:

1 - Bran is marked, and headed to the wall, so we know that the White Walkers are behind him. 

2 - The Night's King can use Bran's mark to get through things defended by magic (the weirwood tree, and the wall). 

3 - The Night's King can use Bran's mark to destroy things. He destroyed the ground with his touch before they attacked the Weirwood tree, and my guess is he's going to do the same to destroy the wall. 

Archived