Does Jaime know about Cersei/Lancel?

facelessaryas

Hi!  Long time lurker, first time poster. Love this site.

Does anyone else think it's weird they didn't show Jaime questioning Cersei on what happened during her imprisonment? He knows about the upcoming trial, but has never commented on the charges. Does he know what she's charged with? They have made a point to keep showing us their talks with them saying, "Its us against the world", but I have a hard time believing Jaime would still show so much devotion for Cersei if he knew about Lancel.

Cersei has already atoned for incest with Lancel, hasn't she? Will they still bring that up at the trial and that's when Jaime finds out?

In the show I don't think Jaime knows about Lancel. He was in Dorne when the faith captured Cersei and she made her walk of atonement and I don't think Cersei told him about the charges in detail. He is now in the Riverlands and probably won't be around for the trial where the faith would most likely not miss out on reciting all the charges against Cersei including the ones she admitted and the ones she refused. 

Based on his scene with Catelyn Jaime is proud of the fact that Cersei was the only woman in his life, but we don't really know anything about how he feels about him not being the only man in Cersei's. of course Robert was her husband so there was little choice there and Cersei despised him. Lancel is somewhat different, because even though She never loved him either, Cersei wasn't obliged to take him in her bed as she would be to take Robert her lawful husband in her bed. She chose to take Lancel in her bed in Jaime's absence instead of being faithful to him the way he had been for years. Well she was lonely and upset. Jaime could as well forgive her. 

In the books however it's not just Lancel, it's a whole bunch of other people and in that case you really can't argue that Cersei was upset and lonely. She was a bitch and whored herself for anyone to get what she wanted. Intimate relationships clearly meant nothing to her like theirs meant a lot to Jaime. And Jaime is kinda upset about it when he finds out even though he doesn't quite believe it. It's stuck in his mind and the thought won't leave him and clearly bothers him. Still, his first reaction is not rushing to Cersei's bedchamber to strangle her. 

Back to the show, how will Jaime find out about Lancel? It would have made sense to have Kevan have a little chat with Jaime while they were still in KL. Kevan clearly has zero respect or regard for Cersei and he doesn't want her on his side or anywhere near any business of the crown or house Lannister. He is right, Cersei had proved herself to be a compete dumbass when it comes to politics, economics and diplomacy. But Jaime is valuable. He has military experience, better political skills and judgement than Cersei. To me it would make all the sense to try and get him away from Cersei's claws and put him to use. What better way than to fill him in on what Cersei has been up to. 

So At this point in the show, I have no idea how Jaime would find out about it or how he would react. 

I'm not sure Kevan would talk to Jaime about anything.  Now that he believes the incest rumors about Cersei and Jaime, I don't think he wants anything to do with the two of them. Kevan Lannister serves the king, Tommen.

Though, maybe Kevan would tell Jaime about Cersei's promiscuity in an attempt to drive a wedge between the siblings.

19 minutes ago, ValrianSunni said:

I'm not sure Kevan would talk to Jaime about anything.  Now that he believes the incest rumors about Cersei and Jaime, I don't think he wants anything to do with the two of them. Kevan Lannister serves the king, Tommen.

KL knows that since the rumours are true about CL and JL, that TB isn't really the king at all, just the cuckoo's child, a sort of TL².  But since KL serves his family, and a double-L is definitely his family, that could work out after all.

Just now, Apathetic Onlooker said:

Who knows.  Maybe he fancies the idea of a threesome with Lancel and Cersei.  With this show's quality of writing, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

You Ser have caused me to lose my dinner, well played

4 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

How could he not have asked????

Why would he suspect she was ever unfaithful, other than having to do her "duty" with Robert?

I think they might be saving that - Jamie learning about her affair with Lancel - later. Right before he strangles her, after she burns down Kings Landing.

maybe because he returned with the corpse of their daughter and the grief especially cercei had canceled all the questions in his mind regarding  whats she is being charged with? cercei knows how to use jaime in my opinion and jaime wants her happy so she could have used the stuff happened since he had returned to direct his mind to other stuff

31 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

How could he not have asked????

Maybe he saw Melisandre was in town  and Mel gave Cersei her fashionable Brady mom hair- do :thumbsup: because that style is all the rage with absolutely no one in the world so he didn't feel the need??? 

Or, the plot demands??? :dunno:

13 minutes ago, Jasemina said:

maybe because he returned with the corpse of their daughter and the grief especially cercei had canceled all the questions in his mind regarding  whats she is being charged with? cercei knows how to use jaime in my opinion and jaime wants her happy so she could have used the stuff happened since he had returned to direct his mind to other stuff

Possibly. But the fact that Cersei cut off her signature golden Lannister locks should have prompted a "what gives" at least? 

And I get that they are more than brother and sister, but the second half of what you suggested is relying on a hell of a lot of offscreen storytelling... Not a good decision. 

I wouldn't put it past Cersei to have lied to Jaime about the charges. Jaime would have to indulge in plot-contrived stupidity to accept it, but Jaime often indulges in plot-contrived stupidity. In the books apparently rumours of Cersei's infidelity never reached him until Tyrion told him so I don't mind him not having heard rumours in the show, although you have to stretch your suspension of disbelief to breaking point to accept that he never once overheard anyone talking about the nature of Cersei's walk of shame. In the books the whole of KL didn't know about her infidelities until after Jaime was gone so it makes sense there. Not so in the show.

The show doesn't need to answer your silly nitpicking questions, damnit. They have all the emmy awards!

1 hour ago, jandslegate said:

I could see Kevan spilling the beans to Jaime on his return. In a sort of moment of frustration and stating that he shouldn't have come back. It's pretty clear the plan was to send him away so he wasn't there for the trial. 

Didn't think of that. That's why Cersei is being chill. Dude, I really think Jaime is going to be pissed. Especially after last week with Edmure. I think he's going to resent it hard when he finds out about Lancel cause he's gave up everything for her. Hes a good looking guy. Everyone says so to him. He could have had anyone or everyone back in his prime, but he was off having kids to pretend he wasn't their father. That's hardcore. 

Archived