Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

facelessaryas

Does Jaime know about Cersei/Lancel?

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, hallam said:

What does it matter?

Jamie isn't going to believe the high Sparrow's charges are valid. He is obviously a fanatic and his charges have no credibility. They are obviously trumped up.

She confessed to it. Why would Lancel say that then? Before Cersei even armed the faith militant? He went to them before anything with the HS started. They probably give Lancels backstory to introduce before the seven septons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, facelessaryas said:

She confessed to it. Why would Lancel say that then? Before Cersei even armed the faith militant? He went to them before anything with the HS started. They probably give Lancels backstory to introduce before the seven septons. 

If I was Jamie, I would consider all the proceedings of the High Sparrow's court about as credible as Trey Gowdy's Benhgazzzzzzi hearing. It really doesn't matter what the HS says, it is obviously lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hallam said:

What does it matter?

Jamie isn't going to believe the high Sparrow's charges are valid. He is obviously a fanatic and his charges have no credibility. They are obviously trumped up.

The charges aren't trumped up or invalid. She did have sex with Lancel. She does have sex with Jaime, her kids aren't Robert's and she did orchestrate Robert's death. Jaime knows at least three of those things to be true. Even if he dismisses Lancel, she's guilty of everything she's been accused of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The charges aren't trumped up or invalid. She did have sex with Lancel. She does have sex with Jaime, her kids aren't Robert's and she did orchestrate Robert's death. Jaime knows at least three of those things to be true. Even if he dismisses Lancel, she's guilty of everything she's been accused of.

That is irrelevant. The truth or falsehood of the charges are utterly irrelevant to Jamie. There is no statement the HS can make that Jamie is going to believe. The only charge Jamie would care about would be sleeping with Lancel and he isn't going to believe Lancel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The charges aren't trumped up or invalid. She did have sex with Lancel. She does have sex with Jaime, her kids aren't Robert's and she did orchestrate Robert's death. Jaime knows at least three of those things to be true. Even if he dismisses Lancel, she's guilty of everything she's been accused of.

This premise of the question isn't about Cersei's legal standing. It's about Jaime and Cersei's relationship and the damage her affair with Lancel would have caused to it. It seems for whatever reason the show writers are going out of their way to keep Jaime in the dark. Tyrion's confession was cut and no one seems to bring it up around Jaime despite the fact she confessed to it. If I had to guess, finding out is what's going to turn Jaime against Cersei or at least a part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hallam said:

That is irrelevant. The truth or falsehood of the charges are utterly irrelevant to Jamie. There is no statement the HS can make that Jamie is going to believe. The only charge Jamie would care about would be sleeping with Lancel and he isn't going to believe Lancel.

I disagree. Jaime knows that Cersei has been sleeping with him, that her children are his and that she caused Robert's death. That doesn't automatically make the charge about Lancel true, but he knows those charges are at least completely justified and not trumped up in the slightest.

Cersei admitted that she slept with Lancel. He's going to find out she admitted to it sooner or later. Even if she denies the truth of it to Jaime, the fact that she admitted it coupled with the fact Lancel didn't really have any cause to make the accusation unless it was true has to tug at him a bit. He knows that Lancel worked with Cersei to kill Robert, so it's not a huge stretch to think she got him to agree to it by having sex (which is what Lancel told the High Sparrow). There is no way the accusation of her infidelity won't bother him at all, even if he really wants to believe Cersei. I think it will gnaw at him like it did in the books and be a factor in his final turn against Cersei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×