Most annoying character

Red Ronnet (yum)

Penny

But Aviendha Ygritte is a close second. She remains one of the few characters I've been happy to see dead (also, I'm one of those people who sees her relationship with Jon as a bit rapey,  which probably underlies my hostility towards her).

This is probably going to ruffle a few feathers, but for me it was Tywin.  While his actions were well thought out and usually clever, they always struck me as based on the ideas that the purpose of the 7K was to support his family's supremacy and that his was the only stance that had any merit. 

It just struck me as irritating that he would seem to consider Tyrion worth nothing but contempt (battle of the Green Forks, put in charge of the sacrificial flank), then, days later, send him to KL as the acting hand, but upon his own entry to KL, shift Tyrion to Master of Coin, knowing that the increased taxes were going to be unpopular and the MOC would be the scapegoat.  After all of this, he married Tyrion off to Sansa, in what I took to be an effort to dominate the North. 

After the apparent deaths of all the Stark siblings other than Sansa, Ice belonged to Sansa by right, yet he took the sword and had it formed into two smaller swords, which he gave to Jaime and Joff... no compensation to Sansa for the theft of a priceless heirloom. 

While I liked having this character in the books, I always flinched every time he was mentioned because he was intelligent, calculating, but arrogant to the point I hated the guy.

"Brave Belwas." I applaud the show for clipping out his parts.

I also applaud daccu65 for naming Tywin Lannister. What a monster that man was - the books never go into detail on just what it was that happened to the Reynes (of Castamere), but the World of Ice & Fire does, and it's an absolute atrocity, clearly a war crime. Not to mention "disproportionate". The man had a lot in common with Gregor Clegane - with the addition of brains. But no morals, no "honor" (whatever that is), no humility or even humor - nothing but a drive for his own and his family's power at all cost. It's fitting that the Lannisters lose all as a result of his cynical machinations.

21 hours ago, Dya of Oldstones said:

Patchface, in spite of finding his prophecies intriguing and fun to speculate on. I would have said Penny on my first read but I've grown fond of her with subsequent rereads.

he not annoying.he way less annoying than Selyse.

Well I will say right off that characters who talk of themselves in the third person are a pet-peeve of mine, something about it just makes me want to punch the character in question. I'm bothered by  indirect speech in general, it just always seems so artificial and due to the area I grew up in I also associate it with decadence, traditionalism and see it as being two-faced.

Int hat vain:

Strong Bellwas, and it's not just his speech pattern, the whole character is just annoying and dumb (as in I suspect he has very low intelligence) 

Jaqen (God, do I hate his "a man, a girl" shtick)

Anybody in Slaver's Bay who uses that annoying "This One" speech pattern.

From the POV characters I dislike Arya's chapters the most and can say i find her annoying, but that's mostly because i think she's cliche and that SoIaF has much better female characters and characters in general than the little brat.

On 6/14/2016 at 5:03 PM, Red Ronnet (yum) said:

Who is the one that you dread to see in a chapter? Mine is Penny. Makes all Tyrion chapters with her cringeworthy.

Jon Snow.  I can't stand Jon and his chapters.  I was sad when Samwell left the wall.  Fatso was the only interesting character at the wall. 

5 hours ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

Sansa. When I first started lurking here, I thought all the sansa love was sarcastic. I can't stand her.

She's the one I find most annoying too. Some of the things she's done...I was just shocked by her sheer stupidity.

On 6/15/2016 at 4:23 PM, Señor de la Tormenta said:

"Im the blood of the dragon, I can make myself a hat"

Of course its Daenerys.

That's a great line actually. It was uttered by her in the Dothraki Sea at her lowest point since AGOT. It was meant to boost her confidence. Don't know why you find it annoying.

As for the most annoying character.

It is Ygritte.

Depends what you mean by "annoying."  Penny is annoying because every scene she's in feels like forced writing.  Like even the author doesn't want her there.  It's not anything against her personality (as much as it exists), just her role in the story.

Everyone in Slavers Bay is annoying because of their speech patterns, their awful names, and their complete unwillingness to allow the plot to move forward.  This includes most of the sellswords except Brown Ben Plumm.

Sweetrobin is annoying because he's a snotty spoiled little kid.

I can't badmouth Ygritte.  I've got a thing for redheads.

Archived