Match Day 6: Slovakia/Russia, Romania/Switzerland, France/Albania

My predictions: Slovakia will win, France will get their three points smoothly and easily this time, and Romania-Switzerland will be a close tie, probably a draw. Given my prowess as a fortune teller, it'll probably all turn out differently though.

2 hours ago, 3StadtMueller said:

My predictions: Slovakia will win, France will get their three points smoothly and easily this time, and Romania-Switzerland will be a close tie, probably a draw. Given my prowess as a fortune teller, it'll probably all turn out differently though.

1/3 so far.

This is such a poor Russian side. England will be kicking themselves for not picking up three points against them. Puts the English under quite a bit of pressure for the Wales game - cannot afford to lose that one.

I'm going for a comfortable France win and Switzerland to edge Romania by the odd goal in a tight game.

3 minutes ago, HowdyGareth Bale said:

At the end of the match, ESPN reported that another flare was fired when Russia scored its late goal. Is that enough to boot them out?

Wouldn't have thought so. I understand why UEFA and that don't want flares brought into grounds but setting one off in your own end and not hurting anybody or chucking it anywhere shouldn't really be a problem.

2 hours ago, 3StadtMueller said:

I think you are underestimating Switzerland. I am think it's even possible they finish the group stage ahead of France. Ok, now that I have said that, they will probably lose to Romania just to make me eat my words.

Not quite happening for the Swiss. They're a good team but they still haven't found an adequate replacement for Alexander Frei up front.

Romania, meanwhile, look a tough nut to crack. Solid and counter-attack with decent urgency.

2 hours ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

That was the worst defending we've seen so far at this tournament. How did England manage to not win against them?

By not playing Vardy, Sturridge or Rashford even when it was obvious after ten minutes that Kane was a lame horse?

The mighty Slovakia getting into their stride today, as expected. Weiss and Hamsik combining to shoot, skin and eat the Russian bear. Onwards to glory!

Archived