Why Didn't Jon and Sansa Travel to the Neck?

From the perspective of getting support for their cause, it would seem that the most likely Northerners to support them would be House Reed.  Yet, they don't go there or even mention the idea of going there.  I imagine that the likeliest explanation is geography.  Geography in getting from the Wall to the Neck and getting the crannogmen from the Neck to Winterfell.  But yet, I find it interesting that they don't even discuss sending a raven to the Neck or anything.

1 hour ago, VarysBurntParts said:

From the perspective of getting support for their cause, it would seem that the most likely Northerners to support them would be House Reed.  Yet, they don't go there or even mention the idea of going there.  I imagine that the likeliest explanation is geography.  Geography in getting from the Wall to the Neck and getting the crannogmen from the Neck to Winterfell.  But yet, I find it interesting that they don't even discuss sending a raven to the Neck or anything.

Because the writer forgot the Neck exists.

1 hour ago, Darksky said:

First of all, why would they? Did House Reed's army fight alongside King Robb in the WotFK? No.

Can't we infer that they were helping when Theon went to treat with the Ironborn at Moat Cailin in the show. I don't remember what exactly the show all did but I know Robb talked of taking Casterly Rock and needing Moat Cailin to be cleared by the Crannogman if possible. Then we see Ironborn struggling because of poison arrows.

But outside of that, just not really the best idea with time constraint and logistics.

Frankly speaking in the books there is no Crannogmen army either. We only get an offhand mention of them harassing Ironborn but thats what occupied people fighting invaders do. Other than Meera and Jojen there is no Crannogmen in the books either. And I don't count mystical Howard Reed who is mentioned once or twice but also as part of the memories and stories as told by other people (like Jojen story and Ned's memories) and so far hasn't actually said, wrote or done anything to contribute in the present story. 

He will do most likely R+L=J reveal in the books, but I doubt we would see anything more substantial from him like armies. Crannogmen don't do armies

Well, it can't be the distance, because Sansa send Brienne all the way to Riverrun, which is far south than the Neck. And I don't think the showrunners suddenly remember that traveling all those miles take time (Littlefinger's teleporting), so I believe they (showrunners) didn't want to use/present Howland Reed yet.

Question: Who currently holds Moat Cailin? The Boltons, right? Then, how did Brienne pass through or did she used another route? (I know he show don't care about these details, but I feel curios today).

5 minutes ago, WolfgangII said:

Question: Who currently holds Moat Cailin? The Boltons, right? Then, how did Brienne pass through or did she used another route? (I know he show don't care about these details, but I feel curios today).

LF said the Vale army was camped there when he met with Sansa. So somehow they took Moat Cailin without Boltons knowing, which is off.

36 minutes ago, Soccer69 said:

LF said the Vale army was camped there when he met with Sansa. So somehow they took Moat Cailin without Boltons knowing, which is off.

Roose and little finger were supposivly allies so Ramsey might be under that inpression. Anyways the boltons opposing the entire Vale kingdom is suicide. It is now the 1st or strongest kingdom and the north is one of the weakest. 

1 minute ago, MilesJames said:

Roose and little finger were supposivly allies so Ramsey might be under that inpression. Anyways the boltons opposing the entire Vale kingdom is suicide. It is now the 1st or strongest kingdom and the north is one of the weakest. 

Ya but to just show up with 30k troops after no warning is a bit odd, especially if allies. And if that is the case then Ramsey would have some sort of heads up about the Vale army. Agree with the second part but if you're going to oppose a stronger force I figure you'd do it at Moat Cailin since it can only be taken from one side.

4 minutes ago, Soccer69 said:

Ya but to just show up with 30k troops after no warning is a bit odd, especially if allies. And if that is the case then Ramsey would have some sort of heads up about the Vale army. Agree with the second part but if you're going to oppose a stronger force I figure you'd do it at Moat Cailin since it can only be taken from one side.

Who is guarding that moat ? Are they loyal to the boltons ? How loyal in winter ? Little finger is the most dangerous man in Westroes and one of the richest. Maybe he bribed the leader guarding. Maybe he assassinated some men and bribed the rest. Maybe he sent a advanced force and killed who was in control of it.

4 minutes ago, MilesJames said:

Who is guarding that moat ? Are they loyal to the boltons ? How loyal in winter ? Little finger is the most dangerous man in Westroes and one of the richest. Maybe he bribed the leader guarding. Maybe he assassinated some men and bribed the rest. Maybe he sent a advanced force and killed who was in control of it.

Lol idk. I was just saying the obvious. It doesn't seem the show is going to fill us in since LF merely mentioned the fact and Brienne got through to the Riverlands with no problem.

1 hour ago, Always Winter said:

Considering the secretive nature of Greywater Watch (no Maester, Ravens, permanent location), I'm under the impression that the Starks can't just go and visit House Reed and the Crannogmen - House Reed would have to seek them out instead. 

So finding Howland Reed is like doing a Google search on finding Chuck Norris?

Archived