[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

23 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

And then he can finally burn her letter (yeah, it may be too late for that, but I wanted to see it).

Yes, if she is in trouble with Dany she might write a letter for him, and he finally burn it!

but honeslty, Gwen's words....I think she is talking about her arc, because later she refused to tell what happens to Brienne.

PS: She also said she knew when NCW was flying to film....

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Sounds like they are all hinting bittersweet, in general. So there will be good things and bad things. Not just all bad things.

Yeah, definitely The tone will be bittersweet.

I surfed to find more Gwen's interviews from the Emmys and found another one:

Listen to what Mario is asking her and her responses.....I am not sure if JB will be positive or bittersweet next s7 (I think she is trying to avoid speaking about them, maybe because it will happen? or maybe because it won't be as sweet as we think?)

Anyway, I think that a JB reunion will happen and I hope it's positive.:wub:

41 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah, definitely The tone will be bittersweet.

I surfed to find more Gwen's interviews from the Emmys and found another one:

Listen to what Mario is asking her and her responses.....I am not sure if JB will be positive or bittersweet next s7 (I think she is trying to avoid speaking about them, maybe because it will happen? or maybe because it won't be as sweet as we think?)

Anyway, I think that a JB reunion will happen and I hope it's positive.:wub:

I love the way she teases. Also love the way she walked right up to Rory and NCW (starts at :50):

32 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I love the way she teases. Also love the way she walked right up to Rory and NCW (starts at :50):

Yes!!!:wub: I loved it too, I like her interviews!!

She knows the best place to stay amongst all the cast. Between the tallest men. :) They are so cute

Another prediction--I think the Hound may end up being Sansa's Kingsguard/bodyguard, replacing Brienne who never makes it back North for various reasons.

I stand by my earlier prediction about Brienne/Jaime. That they will get together albeit briefly and he'll go back to KL to save the city from his sister's evil machinations to destroy it completely. He'll die a hero and Brienne will live long enough to fill up his empty Book of Brothers pages with his heroism. Those empty pages were telegraphed several times for it NOT to be a future plot development. 

I also think Brienne could have Jaime's kid and then later toward the end of the show present Tyrion's nephew to him. Or she could die but AFTER recording Jaime's heroic deeds in the Book of Brothers pages. 

6 minutes ago, HanginginWesteros said:

Another prediction--I think the Hound may end up being Sansa's Kingsguard/bodyguard, replacing Brienne who never makes it back North for various reasons.

I stand by my earlier prediction about Brienne/Jaime. That they will get together albeit briefly and he'll go back to KL to save the city from his sister's evil machinations to destroy it completely. He'll die a hero and Brienne will live long enough to fill up his empty Book of Brothers pages with his heroism. Those empty pages were telegraphed several times for it NOT to be a future plot development. 

That's really interesting, and it really fits a romantic but tragic relationship. If he dies, I like the part of the Book, although I'd prefer him to survive.

However, regarding the possible "baby" I wonder if with only 7 episodes there will be enough time for Jaime to be in KG with Cersei, then go to the RV's, be with Brienne up to the point of she become pregnant this season (although I'd love it to happen I think that they need more than one episode in the show because they don't have ackowledged their feelings to each other yet), and then return to KG and die a hero in S7.

The other thing is that I'm not really sure he dying alone in KG fits the line of "dying in the arms of the woman I love" from s5, that might be foreshadowing.

I also think Brienne could have Jaime's kid and then later toward the end of the show present Tyrion's nephew to him. Or she could die but AFTER recording Jaime's heroic deeds in the Book of Brothers pages. 

Brienne and Tyrion have never met, I don't see the point of Brienne presenting the baby to him. Brienne and Tyrion may become friends, but if not, I don't think Brienne would do it. The fruit of their love would be for her, introspective, she would raise the baby as the heir of her house IMO.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

That's really interesting, and it really fits a romantic but tragic relationship. If he dies, I like the part of the Book, although I'd prefer him to survive.

However, regarding the possible "baby" I wonder if with only 7 episodes there will be enough time for Jaime to be in KG with Cersei, then go to the RV's, be with Brienne up to the point of she become pregnant this season (although I'd love it to happen I think that they need more than one episode in the show because they don't have ackowledged their feelings to each other yet), and then return to KG and die a hero in S7.

The other thing is that I'm not really sure he dying alone in KG fits the line of "dying in the arms of the woman I love" from s5, that might be foreshadowing.

Brienne and Tyrion have never met, I don't see the point of Brienne presenting the baby to him. Brienne and Tyrion may become friends, but if not, I don't think Brienne would do it. The fruit of their love would be for her, introspective, she would raise the baby as the heir of her house IMO.

I do think he may potentially die in Brienne's arms based on that wish he told Bronn. I did make a prediction about this earlier in the thread. If she does make it back North, then I can see her entering Kings Landing when Jon/Sansa/Dany's forces invade  and finding Cersei dead, strangled by Jaime and Jaime, still alive but mortally wounded (maybe Cersei stabs him defending herself). 

Even if that doesn't happen, I really do stand by that Book of Brothers page prediction. Either she or Tyrion will do it or maybe Tyrion finds her wounded and she tells him what Jaime did before she dies.  

The baby thing is just a theory I've been toying with. I think that Sansa and Tyrion might end up with the Iron Throne. Maybe he'll be her hand or maybe they'll jointly rule. I'm not sure. I don't think either Jon or Dany will end up on the Iron Throne but they'll both die heroes for sure.

That's why I thought that if Brienne does survive and does get pregnant, she could come back in the end and present Tyrion's nephew to him. But not in a "here's your heir" goodbye and now I'm off to Tarth. No way. It would be in a sentimental fashion that a part of his beloved brother does live on. Or not. God knows this show doesn't do sentimentality. 

I do think somebody, if not Brienne, is going to end up with a baby to show that even after all the death and destruction, life goes on. 

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think he's done with the KG. The White Book in the books was for Jaime writing about Brienne. It was figuratively Jaime turning a new page. Show didn't keep with book progression, had him push the book aside to have sex with Cersei.

I think your idea is good, that the real hints of where it's headed is that the woman he is thinking of in those scenes, the one he loves, is now Brienne, not Cersei, and he becomes aware of that, and makes a choice. Also his dream in the books plays in.

8 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think S6 was the moment to bring LSH, but my reasons to believe that she is not coming back is that there are only a few episodes left. 

Yes, that's true. Point is that we don't know how much screentime LSH would take, without reading TWoW :bang: 

6 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Mario :wub: I didn't see him since I was probably ten

Is it me or Gwen looked embarassed? After he mentions Jaime, it seems she doesn't know how to answer without revealing something. Maybe, does he get the point?

6 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

:wub::wub:

Near Rory and Gwen, both Kit and Iwan do look like hobbits

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

I think he's done with the KG. The White Book in the books was for Jaime writing about Brienne. It was figuratively Jaime turning a new page. Show didn't keep with book progression, had him push the book aside to have sex with Cersei.

I think your idea is good, that the real hints of where it's headed is that the woman he is thinking of in those scenes, the one he loves, is now Brienne, not Cersei, and he becomes aware of that, and makes a choice. Also his dream in the books plays in.

If Jaime ever kills Cersei, I think he will return to Brienne. I always thought Jaime will be one of the last survivors, at least.

And yes, one thing I know for sure is that he won't die in Cersei's arms because they like doing foreshadowing and it would be totally nonsensical after that scene.

44 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

Yes, that's true. Point is that we don't know how much screentime LSH would take, without reading TWoW :bang: 

Mario :wub: I didn't see him since I was probably ten

Is it me or Gwen looked embarassed? After he mentions Jaime, it seems she doesn't know how to answer without revealing something. Maybe, does he get the point?

:wub::wub:

Near Rory and Gwen, both Kit and Iwan do look like hobbits

hahaha, it seemed the same to me!!!! I hope this+along with things fans always wanted point to a  romantic scene between them:wub: or more

10 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

I had seen the pics but I thought it was

Spoiler

Winterfell, because of the characters appearing......however, now I've just read they are near the Riverrun set.

I'd love it if it was the Riverrun set. That would mean there are great chances of a Brienne+Jaime encounter, since that if Jaime leaves North

he might go to Riverrun and if he goes to Riverrun he might find Brienne and Pod

I don't know if what they are filming is from right after Brienne and Pod's situation-that could mean they might find Jaime before, and then Brienne and Pod joining the others from the North: maybe going all together to Winterfell or Jon+family leaving WF and joining Brienne and Pod (and Jaime?)  in Riverrun.

6 minutes ago, Mandzipop said:

Spoilers

Hide contents

If this is anything to go by, then Jamie could be heading south.

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-report-brings-game-thrones-spoilers-galore/

The filming reports with Brienne are at the Linen Mills studios. They film the indoor Winterfell scenes there.

Spoiler

mmmm I guess that the other possible Lannister will be Cersei (but could be Jaime serving His Queen, not something I'd like to watch)

12 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

If Dany arrives in Dorne or Oldtown, it would be Jaime who has to deal with it, because he commands Lannister's army. So I guess J&B should brace themselves for some time apart.

could be but I guess he would do it on his own and Dany should face Cersei who I suppose will have a new LC.

Archived