[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

JB is pure love, pure love guys:

Gwen: And what’s recurrent in Brienne’s life is forming relationships with people that start with an opposing force, then a begrudging mutual respect and, out of that, a deep respect and pure love. That happens again this season. Brienne will realize a deep alliance.”

Their resulting fealty—even tenderness—was undeniable, and so is the on-screen chemistry between Coster-Waldau and Christie.

Any hope for them? Christie can’t say, but she also doesn’t laugh it off. “There’s a whole world there,” she says. “But I don’t think either of them has any idea of what’s going on or how to deal with it.”

And of course, needless to say, but Tormund is not in the cards.... :P

The heated online speculation is that the alliance will be with the mighty red-headed Wildling Tormund Giantsbane (Kristofer Hivju). When I mention that, Christie releases a loud cackle. Viewers will remember an appreciative glance from Tormund toward Brienne last season. It was a throwaway moment in the script (“I think it read, ‘Tormund hasn’t seen a woman like her before,’” Christie says), but Hivju made the most of it. “I don’t often laugh during filming,” she says of the dinner table scene, in which Tormund sensuously attacks a chicken leg, his eyes locked on Brienne across the table. “That was really difficult. Because he is so intensely hilariou.

But she answers my question of their future with a question of her own. “Do you think she actually likes him?” she asks. “No,” I say. “Well, there you go!”

https://www.newsweek.com/2017/07/21/game-thrones-has-many-unforgettable-characters-gwendoline-christies-brienne-634270.html

What Nikolaj has always wanted for Jaime:

“I hope for him that he will find someone who will love him as much as he loves her. And I think that’ll be nice for him.” – NCW

source

“I don’t think the Cersei thing is very healthy. I just hope for the guy, I hope he’ll move on, to be honest. The relationship he has with Brienne is one which has evolved into this beautiful mutual respect. Which is a great way to kick off a relationship.” – NCW

source

“I hope Jaime to find someone to love him, because now he’s in love with a woman who loves him nowhere as much. And I hope that the end of the war to find him away from King’s Landing and the Iron Throne. He’s a man of many qualities and would be a good leader, but it seems that all men ambitious of this show die. And I want him to live.” – NCW

source

“And he has a long history with Cersei; he knows her, and he knows what she’s been going through. But for me, sometimes I go, “How long can he keep this up?” Does anyone really believe that it’s set in stone, that once you’ve decided to love someone, you’re going to have to keep doing it? Because he hasn’t been getting a lot the other way.” – NCW

source

“He’s very stubborn. But for his sake, I hope that one day, he’ll realize that you can split up with your sister.” – NCW

source

Episode Commentary: No One (6x08)

Davis: What about his sister?

Mark Mylod: [Laughs]

Coster-Waldau: That’s … I don’t know what that is anymore.

Coster-Waldau: Do you know that thing with Cersei, you asked me about that relationship. Do you know when you hear about couples that have been together forever and they are fighting? And they are… Or you know, you hear about women who’ve been in abusive relationships. There’s something about… the dynamic takes over…

Mylod: Um-hum.

Coster-Waldau: And suddenly you can’t… There is no other way.

Mylod: Yeah, the dye is set.

Coster-Waldau: Yeah, and I think it’s a little bit like that with her.

Davis: And this is a completely new world for Jaime. With…

Coster-Waldau: Oh yeah. Yeah. With Brienne.

source

“Well, I think that’s one of the problems with Jaime is that he’s been in this very dysfunctional relationship his whole life. I’m not sure his idea of love is really working out for him. I think he might need to reevaluate that whole thing. I hope he’ll do it before it’s over. We’ll see.” – NCW

source

“Jaime had gone through this story also with Brienne, and we all wanted Jaime in a way to go with Brienne! She’s a good woman, she has all the right morals, and she’s perfect for you! Don’t you see it! You idiot, you fool!” - NCW

source

"[Jaime and Brienne are] both very honorable and they’ve grown to love and appreciate each other, and I think that’s the beautiful foundation of real love. They should get down." –NCW

source

His reaction after reading the Season 8 script:

“Jaime Lannister has such a journey from beginning to end - you couldn’t ask much more from a character.” –NCW

source

“I wrote the writers when I finished reading and just said, “I don’t think you could’ve done a better job at finishing this story.” To me, it was very satisfying but also very surprising and all the things that I was hoping for.” –NCW

source

• 3 months later...

Will she consummate her romantic tension with Jaime or the strapping fighter Tormund? “What I will say is, I’m happy to see more of Brienne of Tarth the woman explored this season,” she teases.

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/female-stars-game-of-thrones-season-8-interview

“What I will say is, I’m happy to see more of Brienne of Tarth the woman explored this season." -GC

"To me, it was very satisfying but also very surprising and all the things that I was hoping for.” –NCW 

The former is the reason for the latter. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Jaime's dream in the books is him being at Winterfell, and the Stark family and Targs (Jon and more importantly Dany since he killed her father) judging him, and Brienne defending his reputation. Will probably happen in S8.

I think Jaime will be ordered to be executed by Aegon VI (not Jon, the GC leader), and/or Sansa, and Brienne will do it with Oathkeeper, or refuse and die with him.

Yes I believe fAegon is in S8, wins the throne, marries Sansa. And Arya red-weddings their wedding lol.

8 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Jaime's dream in the books is him being at Winterfell, and the Stark family and Targs (Jon and more importantly Dany since he killed her father) judging him, and Brienne defending his reputation. Will probably happen in S8.

I think Jaime will be ordered to be executed by Aegon VI (not Jon, the GC leader), and/or Sansa, and Brienne will do it with Oathkeeper, or refuse and die with him.

Yes I believe fAegon is in S8, wins the throne, marries Sansa. And Arya red-weddings their wedding lol.

Mmmh...I don't think so...fAegon was cut, there's no way he is going to appear in the last six episodes. And I doubt he will be judged in the show.

14 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Mmmh...I don't think so...fAegon was cut, there's no way he is going to appear in the last six episodes. And I doubt he will be judged in the show.

I think he is in S8. Marc Rissmann would be a good Aegon, not Harry Strickland, and I think Aegon is too key to the story. Anyway that's a whole other topic lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Jaime is teaching Brienne that sometimes, to do what's right, you have to forget about honor.

Brienne is teaching Jaime that he can still write great deeds on the pages of the King's Guard book, even if he is a kingslayer.

I think Brienne will be asked to execute Jaime, she will become Sansa's Ilyn Payne or Dog. With Oathkeeper in hand, she will have to chose to remain loyal to Sansa, or die with Jaime. Sansa won't necessarily want it to be done, but fAegon will (yes he's in S8! :laugh: ).

10 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Jaime is teaching Brienne that sometimes, to do what's right, you have to forget about honor.

Brienne is teaching Jaime that he can still write great deeds on the pages of the King's Guard book, even if he is a kingslayer.

I think Brienne will be asked to execute Jaime, she will become Sansa's Ilyn Payne or Dog. With Oathkeeper in hand, she will have to chose to remain loyal to Sansa, or die with Jaime. Sansa won't necessarily want it to be done, but fAegon will (yes he's in S8! :laugh: ).

fAegon in s8?

11 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

fAegon in s8?

Well, not like in the books.

I have a pretty firm belief that the GC leader will steal Jon's "Aegon" claim for himself, and people will believe him, and Jon will end the story with the crappy bastard reputation (and worst), but Sam will write the true story.

There's a few reasons for me to think so but I don't want to go over it in this thread.

3 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Well, not like in the books.

I have a pretty firm belief that the GC leader will steal Jon's "Aegon" claim for himself, and people will believe him, and Jon will end the story with the crappy bastard reputation (and worst), but Sam will write the true story.

There's a few reasons for me to think so but I don't want to go over it in this thread.

okay, thanks! for some reason I had thought there was a new chaacter.

As for Brienne killing Jaime in the show....having to I mean, I don't see a reason for that. The only plausible reason would be if they know what he did to Bran, but I somehow doubt they will address that. Also, why would Brienne do have to do that herself?

4 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

okay, thanks! for some reason I had thought there was a new chaacter.

As for Brienne killing Jaime in the show....having to I mean, I don't see a reason for that. The only plausible reason would be if they know what he did to Bran, but I somehow doubt they will address that. Also, why would Brienne do have to do that herself?

Because I think she will be Sansa's personal guard, like the Hound was to Joffrey. I believe Sansa will marry "Aegon" to save House Stark from being ended, and there will be a need to play along with the lies "Aegon"'s entourage are creating. One of those is that he is Aegon VI, so having the kingslayer (of his grandfather) executed is a good way to support it, among other actions. So I believe Sansa's husband orders Jaime to be executed. Brienne, being Sansa's guard (probably part of the King's guard, but dedicated to the queen), might step in to do it herself. If there is no way out, what can they do? Heck, Jaime might even ask her to do it.

33 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Because I think she will be Sansa's personal guard, like the Hound was to Joffrey. I believe Sansa will marry "Aegon" to save House Stark from being ended, and there will be a need to play along with the lies "Aegon"'s entourage are creating. One of those is that he is Aegon VI, so having the kingslayer (of his grandfather) executed is a good way to support it, among other actions. So I believe Sansa's husband orders Jaime to be executed. Brienne, being Sansa's guard (probably part of the King's guard, but dedicated to the queen), might step in to do it herself. If there is no way out, what can they do? Heck, Jaime might even ask her to do it.

well, well....I think S8 will be more directed towards the the ww's thread. Not only that, but even if Brienne's stor will also be in the Stark side (as Gwen said,and also Sansa) there is more to that. First of all, Jaime is wearing a Northener armour, so he is technically in Bri's team. Secondly, Gwen also said that there is more about Brienne in season 8. She is not destined to be Sansa's guard, we will see her story...and it's with Jaime,

Archived