[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Was her first????

OMG and his faces, he is such a great actor!!

OMG OMG swords????????

When asked about the significance of their swords, Coster-Waldau paused a bit, thinking over his response before admitting, “I’m starting to get into deep water here.”

“Hopefully, the horrors that were done to the Starks will come to good,” he added. “But I don’t want to talk about deeper meanings when we still have a few episodes to go. Things will be revealed and certain things won’t, but obviously, there’s meaning. Will it have special meaning in the future? Who knows. But it has meaning in the fact that the Stark children, the girls, were given this sword that was made from Ned Stark’s sword to protect them.” 

It also wasn’t lost on Coster-Waldau that many of the Valyrian steel swords have been passed to different Houses ― Brienne and Jaime now have House Stark’s Ice, Jon Snow (Kit Harington) has House Mormont’s Longclaw, Jorah (Iain Glen) has House Tarly’s Heartsbane, and Arya has an unnamed dagger (sometimes referred to as the Catspaw Dagger) that once belonged to the late Petyr Baelish (Aidan Gillen). While he wouldn’t admit to any potential spoilers, but Coster-Waldau did tell us, “The whole point is that we have to do this together if we want to survive, and I think that’s one way of reading it, for sure. It is ‘The Song of Ice and Fire,’ it’s the way it should be." 

Link

I wonder if the war council recognized that Jaime and Brienne both carry Valyrian steel swords, since those would have also been useful around Bran.

I think their use as kingmaking/kingunmaking instruments will show another time. Maybe in the creation of another Night King? We know now that the Night King is killed the same way he is created.

Maybe Ice's oldest purpose was to do that? To create a counter wight against total political power? And its new form as twin sword foreshadowes a ruling ice pair (Jon and Daenerys?) similiar to a more balanced political system in the world of man?

2 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think Jaime is going to kill Cersei, not run back to her. He knows she is poison. She will tempt him one more time and that is when he will deliver the death blow. Strangle her with that Golden Hand.

Yep, he will be the valonqar

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yep, he will be the valonqar

His redemption will be complete when he sacrifices himself to take her out. I am playing out how this is going to end and no matter what, I think KL burns and most likely it will be Cersei who will do it.

5 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

His redemption will be complete when he sacrifices himself to take her out. I am playing out how this is going to end and no matter what, I think KL burns and most likely it will be Cersei who will do it.

I agree Cersei and/or Dany will burn the city; and that he will kill Cersei. Not sure about him dying. I think he will due to Kit's references to Skhakespearean ending, but IMO it would not be necessary.

Archived