[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

https://winteriscoming.net/2017/08/29/nicolaj-coster-waldau-on-season-7-and-why-jaime-finally-walked-away-from-cersei/

So how did Coster-Waldau feel about that scene? “I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time, I think that he’s seen her do crazy things before, but this is lying to everyone, and lying to him. You’ve got to go, ‘How much can this guy take before it becomes too much?’ It was a great scene to shoot.”

She still has feelings, and I think there’s also a bit of her not believing what she’s seeing. She’s stunned at what’s going on. Like she said: “No one walks away from me.” And clearly their whole lives Jaime’s been about her, what’s right for her, how can I stay close to her. There’s a moment of disbelief that he’s actually walking away from her. It could also just be that her little pet weapon didn’t get the subtlety of the hand signal. He’s really thick. That’s the problem when you bring someone back from the dead: They’re very dumb. You have to be really specific with your orders.

• 1 month later...

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) and Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth)

Coster-Waldau: "I want to see the Brienne-Jaime household. How will they raise their seven children?"

Christie: "Seven? I think they have horses that sleep in the house, too."

Coster-Waldau: "Yes, seven."

Christie: "I could do seven. Yeah, no problem. But what kind of show would it be like?"

Coster-Waldau: "It’s a sitcom."

Christie: "Like The Brady Bunch? Something like that?"

Coster-Waldau: "Yes! It’s a Brady Bunch/Modern Family. That kind of family. Captain Fantastic."

Christie: "The Braime Bunch."

Coster-Waldau: "Yes! I’m going to get down with Brienne."

Christie: "That is disgusting. That shows absolutely no respect whatsoever. How many seasons have we been rolling along, and that’s what you choose to say? That really is very cheap. A cheap way for someone to speak."

Coster-Waldau: "They’re both very honorable and they’ve grown to love and appreciate each other, and I think that’s the beautiful foundation of real love. They should get down."

Christie: "Ugh!"

Coster-Waldau: "Because I’m a foreigner, I don’t speak your language very well. They should get intimate. Is that better? But can you see yourself in the sitcom? Should we do it?"

Christie: "Yeah, I’ll do it! It’s work!"

Coster-Waldau: "I’m out of a job very soon, so let’s get it out there!"

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Gwendoline Christie Want to Star in a 'Game of Thrones' Spin-Off Called 'The Bramie Bunch'

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

They will kill it next season! Cant wait for the romance to happen..... 

It will be interesting to see how the relationship will play out now they are finally on the same side. While I don't see much actual romance happening, seeing them awkwardly trying to cope with their feelings will be nice.

19 minutes ago, Faera said:

It will be interesting to see how the relationship will play out now they are finally on the same side. While I don't see much actual romance happening, seeing them awkwardly trying to cope with their feelings will be nice.

Seeing Jaime process Brienne’s death will be a huge moment I think. 

Can get a lot of drama from that

29 minutes ago, Faera said:

Hm? You think Brienne will die first, then?

Yea. 

Mostly because I think Jaime lives until the last episode for a whole host of reasons story wise. Plus, NCW along with Lena, Emilia, Kit and Peter are the biggest actors in the show - they are in the top tier pay wise and billing wise - so I don't think you have a series finale of GoT without your biggest stars. 

I also think Jaime will die in the last episode. I don't think you need Brienne around to deal with his death because you have Tyrion around to grieve over losing his brother. 

But what you do need are people to die in episodes 1-5 to really raise the stakes of the conflict and create loss for the main characters. Of all the characters up north Brienne's death would mean the most for Jaime (absent Tyrion's who we know is not going to die). So it feels like it just makes sense that she would be both expendable and also serve a specific purpose by dying. 

Also, she has already completed her character arc. 

You think Jaime will die in Brienne's arms? 

7 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

You think Jaime will die in Brienne's arms? 

I don't think he's dying in anyone's arms. Just because that was how he "wished to die", doesn't mean he'll get it.

I'm the sort of person whose expecting a complete bloodbath next year that I'm finding it harder to predict who'll live. Trouble is, killing off so many secondary characters in one go will probably lessen the impact as time goes on. So, in my own mind I thought, perhaps, Brienne could survive until the end. Jaime, he'll die no matter what.

On 10/6/2017 at 4:43 PM, Faera said:

I don't think he's dying in anyone's arms. Just because that was how he "wished to die", doesn't mean he'll get it.

I'm the sort of person whose expecting a complete bloodbath next year that I'm finding it harder to predict who'll live. Trouble is, killing off so many secondary characters in one go will probably lessen the impact as time goes on. So, in my own mind I thought, perhaps, Brienne could survive until the end. Jaime, he'll die no matter what.

I believe brienne will survive the series, especially since is the heir to tarth and likely related to Dunk. As for Jaime, I'm not so sure he dies. Cersei thinks he'll die along with her, he wants to die in the arms of the woman he loves. Usually things never happen exactly as characters envision them.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:17 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

They will kill it next season! Cant wait for the romance to happen..... 

I hope the romance happens too. Six episodes is plenty for it to happen, although I would've liked Jaime to break with Cersei much sooner.

The 'inside the episode' for the dragonpit scene mentioned a moment between Jaime, Brienne and Cersei before Dany arrived. Just glances and expressions, and then the look Cersei had when Brienne stopped Jaime. So I'm optimistic it's set up for next season.

Just now, Apoplexy said:

I hope the romance happens too. Six episodes is plenty for it to happen, although I would've liked Jaime to break with Cersei much sooner.

The 'inside the episode' for the dragonpit scene mentioned a moment between Jaime, Brienne and Cersei before Dany arrived. Just glances and expressions, and then the look Cersei had when Brienne stopped Jaime. So I'm optimistic it's set up for next season.

yes, totally. They start looking at each other since the start in the dragonpit scene. It will happen next season!

9 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

I believe brienne will survive the series, especially since is the heir to tarth and likely related to Dunk. As for Jaime, I'm not so sure he dies. Cersei thinks he'll die along with her, he wants to die in the arms of the woman he loves. Usually things never happen exactly as characters envision them.

I suppose it would be interesting if just as Cersei dies, she tries to "take Jaime" with her but he says he "still has a job to do" and leaves her to die while he walks away. 

On 10/6/2017 at 5:43 PM, Faera said:

Yeah.  I see the same although I think to make the point that he's completely committed to her and not Cersei, Jamie will die in Brienne's arms.  My hope is that she has a little lion cub in the oven by then, so it's not a total loss for her.  

On 10/8/2017 at 4:47 AM, Faera said:

I suppose it would be interesting if just as Cersei dies, she tries to "take Jaime" with her but he says he "still has a job to do" and leaves her to die while he walks away. 

I would hope so. Jaime's redemption arc would be wasted if ends up dying with Cersei.

11 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I would hope so. Jaime's redemption arc would be wasted if ends up dying with Cersei.

Why would it be wasted?

if he does something heroic in the great war his redemption arc is over. He did something heroic and worth being rememberd in a book like the kingsguard book. He was a true knight in the most important war. 

Him dying with Cersei would be very Stannis like. The good does not wash out the bad.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

Why would it be wasted?

if he does something heroic in the great war his redemption arc is over. He did something heroic and worth being rememberd in a book like the kingsguard book. He was a true knight in the most important war. 

Him dying with Cersei would be very Stannis like. The good does not wash out the bad.

For me, Jaime's redemption arc signifies him moving away from Cersei's influence and looking at the world from a perspective divorced from the Lannister perspective. Becoming someone with an open mind who can empathize with others and care about others, not just his family. Him dying with Cersei, exactly as she wants, would signify to me that Cersei got her way in the end and Jaime failed to get rid of her influence.

And yes, the does not wash away the bad. If he has to die in the end, I would hope it has nothing to do with Cersei.

16 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

For me, Jaime's redemption arc signifies him moving away from Cersei's influence and looking at the world from a perspective divorced from the Lannister perspective. Becoming someone with an open mind who can empathize with others and care about others, not just his family. Him dying with Cersei, exactly as she wants, would signify to me that Cersei got her way in the end and Jaime failed to get rid of her influence.

And yes, the does not wash away the bad. If he has to die in the end, I would hope it has nothing to do with Cersei.

Yea i guess i just disagree. If cersei murders him i don’t think that changes the fact that he left her to go fight the great war. Her murdering him doesn’t change his new outlook. It just means she kills him.

13 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Yea i guess i just disagree. If cersei murders him i don’t think that changes the fact that he left her to go fight the great war. Her murdering him doesn’t change his new outlook. It just means she kills him.

Yeah, I can see that Cersei killing Jaime wouldn't change the fact that he did the right thing and went to fight the war. But I personally would like to see him move forward. Being killed by Cersei would somehow seem to me that he wasn't free from his past.

6 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Yeah, I can see that Cersei killing Jaime wouldn't change the fact that he did the right thing and went to fight the war. But I personally would like to see him move forward. Being killed by Cersei would somehow seem to me that he wasn't free from his past.

Yes. I agree with that. It would be a sort of cosmic judgement on his past and punishment for what lady olena said.

”she is a disease. I regret my role in spreading it. You will too.”

Archived