[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

23 minutes ago, sapphire_lion said:

Word. Others have picked up on their feelings for each other. And there'll be no hiding from the truth now.

I'm also excited that Nik keeps teasing us about Tormund. It will be Red Ronnet 2.0. 

I want to listen to him teasing us about season 8! I know they might not be allowed to say much from now, but when they do :o

I also think they'll play a lot with Tormund/Jaime/Brienne triangle. Be him a Red Ronnet or Ser Hyle situation, but they'll definitely use him as a way to show us he loves Brienne!

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Kind of sad we are finally seeing book 4 Jaime in season 8, but I'll take it, the pictures to go with the books.

Yes! I want to enjoy it, so I'll pretend that those inventions of JC didn't exist. She is finally, alone, as the evil queen she is.

4 minutes ago, Newstar said:

The interesting thing about the army of ghost Lannisters is that we know that Tywin, Joffrey and Cersei are with them, and Tywin and Joffrey (although alive at the time) are dead by the end of ASOS. More confirmation that Jaime and Cersei are doomed but that Tyrion (who's not there) will survive?

Yes, they're really not mysterious, and the blatant foreshadowing was taken up to 11 in Season 7 as you said: Melisandre informing Varys that they're both going to die, Olenna telling Jaime that Cersei will be the end of him, and of course the many references to Jon and Dany getting married and having children.

Yeah, I've seen posters complain at length about how obvious and unsubtle D&D's writing is and then turn around and try to claim that some bit of dialogue should be interpreted in a very obscure way because it's actually exquisitely subtle, easily missed foreshadowing that their ship is endgame or that Jon will kill Dany or what have you.

Yes. D&D have openly said that they're aware of the pressure to keep delivering bigger and bigger set pieces from season to season, and judging from casual fans' reactions to S7's set pieces, eye-popping spectacle is what they expect.

Oh absolutely I've always thought that from tywin's line tyrion would be the only one to survive. Which is awesome because it would make tywin roll in his grave lol. it's exactly the kind of irony GRRM would go for.

my only real hope for season 8 is that bran stops being a robot. So instead of him just being like "it's cool bro" towards Jaime pushing him out the window, it would be interesting if seeing Jaime would "wake him up" per say and start emoting like a human being again and be rightfully pissed that Jaime fucking disabled him. Isaac HW did say that there is hope for bran to be more human in season 8 so I think there's a chance for this to happen. But I also know that d&d are lazy af writers so my expectations are meh.

its so much more fun to predict for the lannisters and stark siblings for season 8 than Jon and Dany. I feel like the Jon/dany storyline will be the most boring and predictable plot overall. Will basically be Aragorn + Arwen 2.0 imo lol except with much worse and dare I say less attractive actors lol? Viggo and liv>>>>>>>> kit and Emilia.I bet they get married at dragonstone 

24 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Tormund actually likes Brienne, so maybe he says something lewd.

And Jaime says you are speaking of a highborn lady, call her by her name, call her Brienne.

(Well, that's the book line, and I doubt we'll get something that good, but they'll come up with something.)

Yes, I can see it, because he is a wilding. It would be wonderful if Jaime used that line, and then Tormund realised he has an adversary and asked Jaime about his intentions (Jaime would blush).

Ah Jaime will have to win the Lady's heart! (I don't think it will be difficult but it would be funny to see)

14 minutes ago, larastone said:

Oh absolutely I've always thought that from tywin's line tyrion would be the only one to survive. Which is awesome because it would make tywin roll in his grave lol. it's exactly the kind of irony GRRM would go for.

my only real hope for season 8 is that bran stops being a robot. So instead of him just being like "it's cool bro" towards Jaime pushing him out the window, it would be interesting if seeing Jaime would "wake him up" per say and start emoting like a human being again and be rightfully pissed that Jaime fucking disabled him. Isaac HW did say that there is hope for bran to be more human in season 8 so I think there's a chance for this to happen. But I also know that d&d are lazy af writers so my expectations are meh.

its so much more fun to predict for the lannisters and stark siblings for season 8 than Jon and Dany. I feel like the Jon/dany storyline will be the most boring and predictable plot overall. Will basically be Aragorn + Arwen 2.0 imo lol except with much worse and dare I say less attractive actors lol? Viggo and liv>>>>>>>> kit and Emilia.I bet they get married at dragonstone 

Personally I find Daenerys way more attractive than Arwen. But the Jon/ Dany storyline is clear at this point. Given that its being told to modern audiences, the main focus will be laying the groundwork for why an aunt and nephew ending up together is ok. 

I don’t expect Bran to be more human like at all. I think he is done. A big part of what makes us us is our memories. I am me in part because i remember the things i did, the lessons that taught me, the feelings i have towards people etc. Bran now remembers everything that everyone has ever remembered. Not sure how he can find himself again in that ocean of memory. Like finding a needle in a haystack. 

Regarding the Jaime stuff, it almost feels like their are two convos. One is excitement about Jaime and Brienne banging in WF. That is likely to happen. But he is ALSO likely to be killed with Cersei in episode 6. Both things are probably what goes down.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, I totally agree, regardless of his fate, being it good or bad, he is on the good path thanks to Brienne and he will be the knight he has always really wanted to be.

Furthermore, Nik also said that his last line, he played it like "I don't believe in you and me", and I think that's where his story is going.

It would be wonderful if he did something for humanity in the great war (and in my ideal ending, saving Bran)

I always knew Jaime and Brienne would end up North with Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper in hand (given what the weirwood dream foreshadowed). Glad to see that panned out nicely. I distinctly remember some people claiming that the dream foreshadowed nothing past ASOS.

AND he's going to be fighting to save humanity! Which is one hell of a way to gain one's redemption. He'll become a man he can be proud of. Brienne will be so proud of him too. They will fight together (and be together). The Old Gods showed them naked. They showed Jaime noticing Brienne's woman's shape and thinking she was a beauty/knight. The romance will blossom, as you've said. Like that red flower blossomed on Brienne's inner thigh when Jaime pricked her with the tip of his sword (such deflowering metaphor!!!). The swords they carry a symbol of their bond, their union, and their love. 

19 minutes ago, larastone said:

Yes! Not to mention that Tyrion surviving but never fathering any legitimate issue (since Tyrion marrying anyone is looking extremely unlikely at this point) would end Tywin's line (karmic payback for what Tywin did to the Reynes and the Tarbecks) and be the best possible revenge Tyrion could wish for when it came to legacy-obsessed Tywin. It's perfect.

Agreed. I'd love to see Bran show actual human emotion, but turning Bran into a stoic exposition machine removes any need for D&D to give him any sort of character development, so...

its so much more fun to predict for the lannisters and stark siblings for season 8 than Jon and Dany. I feel like the Jon/dany storyline will be the most boring and predictable plot overall. Will basically be Aragorn + Arwen 2.0 imo lol

Of the Lannister siblings, Tyrion's endgame is the only real question mark at this point, though, and even then it's really only two choices since his death is looking unlikely: either he "retires" and starts his winery or he ends up as Jon and Dany's Hand, with Tyrion getting Casterly Rock either way. Jaime and Cersei's deaths are all but guaranteed; the manner of death is not known (other than Cersei having something to do with Jaime's death), but death is certain.

I don't think the Stark siblings' fates are all that vague at this point, either, even if they don't have a lot of hints as Jon and Dany seem to. Sansa will probably be LOW, Arya will probably get bored at Winterfell and go west of Westeros. I have no idea when it comes to Bran, though, other than his survival seeming likely.

2 minutes ago, sapphire_lion said:

I always knew Jaime and Brienne would end up North with Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper in hand (given what the weirwood dream foreshadowed). Glad to see that panned out nicely. I distinctly remember some people claiming that the dream foreshadowed nothing past ASOS.

AND he's going to be fighting to save humanity! Which is one hell of a way to gain one's redemption. He'll become a man he can be proud of. Brienne will be so proud of him too. They will fight together (and be together). The Old Gods showed them naked. They showed Jaime noticing Brienne's woman's shape and thinking she was a beauty/knight. The romance will blossom, as you've said. Like that red flower blossomed on Brienne's inner thigh when Jaime pricked her with the tip of his sword (such deflowering metaphor!!!). The swords they carry a symbol of their bond, their union, and their love. 

Yeah everything will come to the right place as a good romance. I mean, all this sexual tension has to lead to somewhere. And it's so beautiful because it has been developed gradually, as a good romance. I particularly love that here the Beauty is Brienne and Jaime is a Beast like in the tale, she helps him become a good person, the knight he really had to be, instead of what he had become. Alternatively, we can also see Jaime as a Beauty falling in love with a "Beast" in terms of looks, because he finds the true beauty inside (the opposite of Cersei), although in his subcounscious she also becomes more beautiful in the outside for him. George is really good at writing it and the actors will do an amazing job with the rest of their story.

19 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, I can see it, because he is a wilding. It would be wonderful if Jaime used that line, and then Tormund realised he has an adversary and asked Jaime about his intentions (Jaime would blush).

Ah Jaime will have to win the Lady's heart! (I don't think it will be difficult but it would be funny to see)

Yeah, I wish they would let him be funny, both NCW and Jaime are funny.

Jaime in different clothes will be good, too. Hopefully she snaps out of the black color palette.

9 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

"You are speaking of a highborn lady, ser. Call her by her name. Call her Brienne." -Jaime Lannister

Dude is going to lose his mind when he sees Tormund eye-sexing Brienne and eating out chicken legs in front of her. I want that comedy! You know Nik, Gwen, and Kristofer are going to kill it.

I honestly hope we get the golden bitch slap we deserve. But I'm most looking forward to seeing how Jaime and Brienne's relationship will evolve (as GRRM said it would at the Guadalajara Book Fair). Jaime's wooing of Brienne will be something quite spectacular to behold.

20 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Yes! Not to mention that Tyrion surviving but never fathering any legitimate issue (since Tyrion marrying anyone is looking extremely unlikely at this point) would end Tywin's line (karmic payback for what Tywin did to the Reynes and the Tarbecks) and be the best possible revenge Tyrion could wish for when it came to legacy-obsessed Tywin. It's perfect.

Agreed. I'd love to see Bran show actual human emotion, but turning Bran into a stoic exposition machine removes any need for D&D to give him any sort of character development, so...

Of the Lannister siblings, Tyrion's endgame is the only real question mark at this point, though, and even then it's really only two choices since his death is looking unlikely: either he "retires" and starts his winery or he ends up as Jon and Dany's Hand, with Tyrion getting Casterly Rock either way. Jaime and Cersei's deaths are all but guaranteed; the manner of death is not known (other than Cersei having something to do with Jaime's death), but death is certain.

I don't think the Stark siblings' fates are all that vague at this point, either, even if they don't have a lot of hints as Jon and Dany seem to. Sansa will probably be LOW, Arya will probably get bored at Winterfell and go west of Westeros. I have no idea when it comes to Bran, though, other than his survival seeming likely.

All this talk about the endgame just made me remember that it was at this exact time last year that awayforthelads started leaking stuff. I'm really sad that this is not the case this year lol

6 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, I wish they would let him be funny, both NCW and Jaime are funny.

Jaime in different clothes will be good, too. Hopefully she snaps out of the black color palette.

Yeah, I loved the interactions between Tormund and Sandor in the wight hunt, I think Tormund and Jaime would be really funny! (and also seeing the reactions of Brienne)

Costumes! I'm really excited for that as well....I hope we get to see new clothes for everyone (not as black). Sansa was invested in collecting all kind of supplies (food, warmer clothes) so I think that means that we could see different kinds of clothes as well.

6 minutes ago, sapphire_lion said:

"You are speaking of a highborn lady, ser. Call her by her name. Call her Brienne." -Jaime Lannister

Dude is going to lose his mind when he sees Tormund eye-sexing Brienne and eating out chicken legs in front of her. I want that comedy! You know Nik, Gwen, and Kristofer are going to kill it.

:lmao: I can totally picture Nik's face when he is portraying Jaime's reaction! It would be awesome to see!!!

6 minutes ago, sapphire_lion said:

I honestly hope we get the golden bitch slap we deserve. But I'm most looking forward to seeing how Jaime and Brienne's relationship will evolve (as GRRM said it would at the Guadalajara Book Fair). Jaime's wooing of Brienne will be something quite spectacular to behold.

Yes! They will get to know each other in a private way, in WF....(that will have plenty of food supplies and such as it is established in s7) so, before the wws arrive, there's a lot to see there!

I love this scene. Nik said that the last scene he filmed was his favourite (I don't know if he was referring to this or Cersei's) but both are amazing.

This one, in particular, is so poetic. This one was one of the few moments I really ENJOYED from the finale. The music fits perfectly, as well. They decided to use the new version of the GOT's theme for Jaime's scene leaving KL, literally going North (where Brienne is) while winter arrives. He choses the North, he choses Brienne. And next we see is the castle of KL where he had just been with Cersei....now with snow, empty, cold.  A great metahore.

End of JC. Next chapter, please!

6 minutes ago, larastone said:

All this talk about the endgame just made me remember that it was at this exact time last year that awayforthelads started leaking stuff. I'm really sad that this is not the case this year lol

Yeah, but I think there's such a thing as being too spoiled. Knowing pretty much the whole season ahead of time took a lot of the fun out of it.

With that said, right now it looks like we may not even get S6-level spoilers, and that would suck.

8 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah, I loved the interactions between Tormund and Sandor in the wight hunt, I think Tormund and Jaime would be really funny! (and also seeing the reactions of Brienne)

Costumes! I'm really excited for that as well....I hope we get to see new clothes for everyone (not as black). Sansa was invested in collecting all kind of supplies (food, warmer clothes) so I think that means that we could see different kinds of clothes as well.

Yeah, I think they will play up the humor, that's the best way, to go with the fumbling guy is out of his depth and doesn't know how to act, but the more he messes up the more she likes him kind of romances.

Yeah, more natural costumes, a variety of fabrics and colors, and flattering lines (ditch the eighties shoulder pads).

29 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Personally I find Daenerys way more attractive than Arwen. But the Jon/ Dany storyline is clear at this point. Given that its being told to modern audiences, the main focus will be laying the groundwork for why an aunt and nephew ending up together is ok. 

I don’t expect Bran to be more human like at all. I think he is done. A big part of what makes us us is our memories. I am me in part because i remember the things i did, the lessons that taught me, the feelings i have towards people etc. Bran now remembers everything that everyone has ever remembered. Not sure how he can find himself again in that ocean of memory. Like finding a needle in a haystack. 

Regarding the Jaime stuff, it almost feels like their are two convos. One is excitement about Jaime and Brienne banging in WF. That is likely to happen. But he is ALSO likely to be killed with Cersei in episode 6. Both things are probably what goes down.

I would be very surprised if Jaime and Brienne ended up having a sex scene. A confession of mutual admiration/longing? Sure. A kiss? Eh, maybe.

But I honestly don't see those characters having a full on-screen consummation a la Jon/Dany or Robb/Talisa. Maybe it's because of the particular chemistry of the actors or how their characters are written, but I still don't get the sense that the Jaime/Brienne subplot is supposed to be straightforwardly romantic in the sense of the other romances. It seems to me that their relationship is more about mutually inspiring one another to be better at their given role in life than swooning, raging passion. 

I can see the angle of the loss of innocence on Brienne's part, but to me that doesn't necessitate sex, necessarily. Either way, they're not going to end up married with 2.5 kids. 

6 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Yeah, but I think there's such a thing as being too spoiled. Knowing pretty much the whole season ahead of time took a lot of the fun out of it.

With that said, right now it looks like we may not even get S6-level spoilers, and that would suck.

oh i totally get why you think that but i also think they're putting a lot of bullshit out there in regards to some of the safety procedures they're taking tbh. almost as if to set some red herrings so people would doubt and disbelieve if some actual leaks did end up happening. 

so i think we should wait to see what happens when filming takes place. we may not get lads level leaks but WOTW might still be able to get some decent info . 

Archived