[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

2 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

No. But show Cersei is written by people who know the endgame. 

The point is not that she is always right. The point is that you can’t dismiss things she says as potential foreshadowing just because she says it since things she has said before have been foreshadowing and not just red herrings. 

Again, I was dismissing BookCersei. Who is wrong on several counts regarding Jaime. Oops.

As for ShowCersei, I merely maintain that she does not have prophetic insights. She stated no one walks away from her. Jaime did just that. She claimed another Lannister is on it's way. Her pregnancy will never come to term. Oops again.

34 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I loved that moment!!!!! On ny rewatches, I find it super romantic. Now after many seasons developing the romance and bein separated......wow when they finally act on their feelings in the middle of the chaos....it will be epic. Six seasons waitinf for this!!!

The romance had sort of begun since season 2. In episode 10, when Brienne kills the three Stark men. They seem to click instantly when they make up a story about Jaime stealing a pig. Those scenes are so much fun to rewatch.

3 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Its not just Cersei. Its Olena. Its Jaime himself. 

Well the good thing about you not seeing it though is that this will really be the third huge twist since apparently its not obvious enough yet.

lol, agreed. 

Anyone can cite me by name if my predictions re: Jaime's fate prove to be incorrect. But seeing as how we're talking about ASOIAF/Game of Thrones and not a fanfic, I wouldn't say it's likely. 

21 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

But what she says will happen doesn't pan out exactly as she says. And I don't believe she has said she expects to die with Jaime on the show. only 'no one walks away from me'. And Jaime has already walked away from her.

touché! it's not like she really believes the wods she says as to be taken literally :

Jaime, we will die together it's something she would not believe as literall (if she said this in the show, not sure, but even if she said)

when talking about burning people alive, she is being serious, not metaphorical.

Cersei is not Maggy the Frog.

19 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

The romance had sort of begun since season 2. In episode 10, when Brienne kills the three Stark men. They seem to click instantly when they make up a story about Jaime stealing a pig. Those scenes are so much fun to rewatch.

Yes, they are awesome!

22 minutes ago, sapphire_lion said:

Again, I was dismissing BookCersei. Who is wrong on several counts regarding Jaime. Oops.

As for ShowCersei, I merely maintain that she does not have prophetic insights. She stated no one walks away from her. Jaime did just that. She claimed another Lannister is on it's way. Her pregnancy will never come to term. Oops again.

Good catch!!!! and guess who walked away??? oh, she is actually alone! (Maybe she had a bad day with her prophecies that day ;) )

And the pregnancy, as well!

2 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Incest is a poison, Jaime, now that he is getting away/off of it, detox if you will, might become a character we can watch without nausea in Season 8.

Yes, we will enjoy him as we did in his trip with Brienne long ago!

21 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Good catch!!!! and guess who walked away??? oh, she is actually alone! (Maybe she had a bad day with her prophecies that day ;) )

And the pregnancy, as well!

Idk. Maybe we should disregard the Old Gods showing us Jaime parting aways with the Lannisters, who fade away into darkness as Jaime is left with Brienne to meet his fate, because Cersei The Frog said "no one walks away from me".  Let's also ignore the fact that Jaime did walk away from her. And that the script states he is never looking back again. Because again, Cersei the Frog, she knows the future. She's always right. :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, we will enjoy him as we did in his trip with Brienne long ago!

I think he will certainly be more like that and actually helpful for the overall struggle. The show is so poorly written that the break off with the Twincest happened over a much lesser reason than numerous others that should have caused it seasons/years ago.

2 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

Not wishing to start a debate on incest, but considering the targs had been marrying siblings for three hundred years, I can see how Jaime thought it was acceptable to wish to marry his sister. And considering the kind of childhood they had, I'm not surprised they got involved. Sure, it's inappropriate based on present day information, but based on the society they lived in, doesn't seem all that egregious.

It is a curse upon House Targaryen. The Madness caught up to them and drove them to the brink of extinction. I am sure there is some genetic urge for it as in , we see Jaime and Cersei, I believe they are Aery's bastards off Joanna Lannister so there is that "urge" in their blood but it is nothing to be sympathetic about. Their incest has caused all of the chaos known as the The war of the 5 Kings.

3 minutes ago, larastone said:

yeah i've gotten bored of arguing. its tiring to go back in the same circles over and over again. meh. 

Yea. there is not much to be said at this point. there are two very clear predictions. either Jaime ends up going down with Cersei or the end of his arc is with Brienne. At this point its just wait and see which one comes true or neither of them do. 

21 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Yea. there is not much to be said at this point. there are two very clear predictions. either Jaime ends up going down with Cersei or the end of his arc is with Brienne. At this point its just wait and see which one comes true or neither of them do. 

yep. we're not finding out for sure in 2 years anyways. i think i should wait at least another 6 months before i talk about this topic again lol. a good deal of filming news compiled up might help later on.

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, they saved the best romances for the last.

:ack:

Honestly, to each his/her own, I won't judge.
At least I now know where you're coming from if I ever have to "defend" the Jonerys romance of S7 from your disapproving eyes in the future ever again. The amount of fanboying/girling in this thread would almost be genuinely cute if not for the amount of hate that my own preferred romance in GoT got (and still get's.)

1 hour ago, Apoplexy said:

Agreed. They clicked because at heart they have the same values and interests. Sure, at first he just wanted to mock and disregard her. But that wasn't possible for him. He respected her as a warrior when he saw her fight. He respected her as a knight when he saw her honor. He wanted her as a woman when he saw her bare in the baths. Of course, he repressed those feelings on their first journey together. I don't see him being able to on their second. 

1 hour ago, sapphire_lion said:

Agreed. They clicked because at heart they have the same values and interests. Sure, at first he just wanted to mock and disregard her. But that wasn't possible for him. He respected her as a warrior when he saw her fight. He respected her as a knight when he saw her honor. He wanted her as a woman when he saw her bare in the baths. Of course, he repressed those feelings on their first journey together. I don't see him being able to on their second. 

Wasn’t aware Brienne’s values included kinslaying, adultery, treason, attempted child murder etc

7 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

The ending will not be with Cersei, that's for sure. George would not write something as mediocre as that.

Ah yes, the old "That would never happen because it would suck" argument. That worked out really well for Stannis fans who insisted that Stannis would NEVAH burn Shireen, anti-Jonerys fans who insisted that Jon would NEVAH fall for Dany, etc. etc.

Wasn’t aware Brienne’s values included kinslaying, adultery, treason, attempted child murder etc

LOL, outstanding.

25 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

The acts Jaime has committed are not his values. They are his shame. They are his failures.

But let's also be honest, and take into consideration that these acts were not committed out of wanton sadism/cruelty. 

Remember, Jaime isn't just trying to kill Bran because he's an annoying little kid. Bran has seensomething that is basically a death sentence for Jaime, for Cersei, and their children – their three actual children. So I've asked people who do have children, "Well, what would you do in Jaime's situation?" They say, "Well, I'm not a bad guy – I wouldn't kill." Are you sure? Never? If Bran tells King Robert he's going to kill you and your sister-lover, and your three children. . . .

Then many of them hesitate. Probably more people than not would say, "Yeah, I would kill someone else's child to save my own child, even if that other child was innocent." These are the difficult decisions people make, and they're worth examining. -GRRM

At heart, Jaime has values, or should I say ideals, he never lived up to. Which are very similar to those of Brienne's. Now, that he has cut ties with his past. He has the chance to live up to those values/ideals. 

That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but someplace along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead. -ASOS, JAIME VIII

Archived