Last scene predictions?

5 hours ago, Jdawg Laurence said:

(though I doubt it will be on fire, not sure where people are getting that idea).

Something wildfire something something Cersei saying she'll burn King's Landing to the ground if her children are threatened something something her and Qyburn talking about wildfire :/

On 16.6.2016 at 1:14 AM, MtnLion said:

The last scene needs to be foreboding about the real enemy.  It needs to be the Wall falling, not necessarily the White Walkers and their hordes advancing.  Daenerys is likely to get prevented from making an expeditious trek to Westeros by Euron and gang intercepting her and Yara/Theon in this episode.  I don't think that she will reach Westeros for another two or three episodes next season. 

The wall falling is too predictable I guess. The show needs a cliffhanger. I think Bran will make it south (and have some visions) and they will let us hang for another 9 months to figure out if and how the wall is about to come down.

I think the ww will start the attack on the seven kingdoms next episode. The title of the season and the next episode would not make sense otherwise.

Why call the season "The Winds of Winter" if there is only an attack on a little cave north of the wall by the white walkers?

I think there will be an event with the white walkers next episode, that is desastrous enough to make all of Westeros freeze in fright! The two seasons ahead are quite short to cover all the remaining content anyway (the wights invading significant areas of Westeros, Brans story, Winterfell, Daenerys arival... the final battle).

If you watch this 360 opening credits it gives away Easter Eggs of the entire season like Bear Island, Ghost remaining at Castle Black (hence why he wasn't in Ep 9), dragons free from the pyramids, the direwolf sigil at Winterfell...AND the Nights King at the Wall with his army. So I think he'll get to the Wall but not necessarily bring it down in ep 10.

watchersonthewall.com/new-extended-360vr-game-of-thrones-main-title-sequence/

Here's my bet:

(1) Varys returns with news that Dorne will ally with her so she disembarks for Sunspear. Perhaps she makes it to Sunspear or perhaps it simply ends with her flying above her fleet.

(2) Cersei uses Aerys' wilfire to burn down the Boelor's Sept but there is far more than she or Qyburn realizes spread throughout the city and the whole thing burns down. Don't know if Loras or Margaery survive. Best guess is no but possibly a Margaery claiming to be pregnant does survive to keep the IT contested while Dany invades. When Jaime heres of what Cersei does to KL he breaks with her for good. He threw his honor out long ago to prevent the Mad King from doing what Cersei has. Also, they need to get alignment with the book. Book Jaime is through with Cersei whereas show Jaime still loves her. My bet is that she send word of what happened to Jaime and pleads with him to return to casterly Rock to lead the Lannister army. He throws the letter in the fire (as he did he letter regarding TBC in the book).

(3) Tommen dies. By suicide or murder he's out.

(4) Bran. No idea. Best guess would be he heads north to the weirwood from his vision that seemed to have started everything. But maybe he goes south to aid against the WWs. I would think that we see Bran in the finale as he has been absent the last two Eps. But we'll likely see him travelling through snow wastes going somewhere.

(5) Arya. Probably won't see her until next year. Maybe she shows up in Winterfell for an embrace. Don't think so though.

(6) Sam. Don't know. Not much screen time left for a Citadel plot so I wouldn't be surprised if he heads North immediately when he hears Jon was killed, raised, and is now KitN. Perhaps he learns something at the Citadel first but I just don't think there is enough show time left in the whole series for him to do much from Old Town.

(7) Jon. Proclaimed king by all after Lyanna Mormount shames them for cowardice.

(8) The Wall. Three blasts from a distant horn and it get's destroyed by a might winter wind. It's the finale after all.

I think (8) is the final scene but will be a 30 second cutaway right before the credits roll. The scene before though is anyones guess. I do suspect we may see a brief scene where Brienne meets up with Sandor and the BwB heading north (Dondarrion already said that was their plan). This certainly won't be the final scene though.

I'm going with LSH as the last scene, despite all evidence to the contrary (which I think might  actually be a double bluff on the part of the show's creators.

But I'm basing this hunch primarily on this interview Sophie Turner and Massie Williams gave at the start of the season, where they gave three spoiler statements, two of which were true and one false:

http://elitedaily.com/entertainment/arya-sansa-stark-game-of-thrones/1498800/

Now on Turner's side obviously Bolton did die, so that's one definite.   And on Arya's side I think it's a pretty safe bet that Arya returns to Westeros.   So that leaves a 1 in 2 choice in the other statements, and given a mutually exclusive choice,  only two options.   First that Arya crosses three names off her list AND that she is in the trailer (this being the one before the season started) more than people realized because they don't know it's her.    Now are there any scenes from the first trailers that we haven't seen yet on the show?    I don't think so, and I think it's safe to say Arya is not hidden in it in somewhere we don't realize.   So that leaves Arya's "truths" as Arya returns to Westeros and Arya crosses no names off her list.  Hence, given on Sansa's side Arya crossing three names off her list is impossible given the contradictory Arya statement, that leaves on Sansa's side Bolton dies and LSH returns.

Of course it could all be sheer misdirection on the part of the actresses.

I am not so convinced that Benjen is on Bran's side. For all we know the Night King is the one who sent him to "rescue" Bran just to gain his trust and convince him to cross the wall thus allowing for the wall to come down. There hasn't been any precedence yet for an undead to be controlled by the Three Eyed Raven. It would be a very cunning tactic for the NK to use Benjen to set his plan into play to bring the wall down. 

7 hours ago, Angrivarius said:

Why call the season "The Winds of Winter" if there is only an attack on a little cave north of the wall by the white walkers?

I think there will be an event with the white walkers next episode, that is desastrous enough to make all of Westeros freeze in fright! The two seasons ahead are quite short to cover all the remaining content anyway (the wights invading significant areas of Westeros, Brans story, Winterfell, Daenerys arival... the final battle).

I am not sure if WW will do anything other than gather north of the Wall in preparation for battle, but I can definitely see white raven flying around snow covered south - Riverlands and Kings Landing and basically - Winter has arrived, Long Night to follow

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

I'm going with others who have backed the very significant 3ER The White.

I hope its not a shock value scene of Arya killing Walder Frey with blood, guts & eyes splattering everywhere. That will probably be a nicer scene earlier in the episode.

Where can I read about this theory? I don't want to believe that he is dead as well!

Archived