Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nymeria Pao

The Hound and Arya v2

Recommended Posts

Does anyone else think D&D are setting it up to bring Arya straight back to the Hound and tBwB?  I know a lot of book people are thinking he'll end up fighting for Sansa but I fear they are setting up another road trip for the fans.  Is this my fear only (lol?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nymeria Pao said:

Does anyone else think D&D are setting it up to bring Arya straight back to the Hound and tBwB?  I know a lot of book people are thinking he'll end up fighting for Sansa but I fear they are setting up another road trip for the fans.  Is this my fear only (lol?)

I don't think the hound will meet Arya or Sansa soon, I think Arya is going to Winterfell to meet Jon and Sansa (and all of them will go to Bran in the north), he's going to the wall with BwB to fight the WW, and I'm certain that he will meet evereybody north of the wall because I can see all the stories are converging there in preparation for the final battle of the dawn (season 7 and 8 are too short for a road trip)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arya and the Hound will definitely meet again.  That is the only reason the show would have spent so many stick beating questions on the Hound multiple times.  That is their idea of foreshadowing.

If I were to guess, then, I'd guess that she meets the Hound in the RL and then they go North together, leaving the BWB to continue their fight in the RL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nymeria Pao said:

Does anyone else think D&D are setting it up to bring Arya straight back to the Hound and tBwB?  I know a lot of book people are thinking he'll end up fighting for Sansa but I fear they are setting up another road trip for the fans.  Is this my fear only (lol?)

Nuuuu not another roadtrip!

I know the show has been playing with unrealistic travel times this season but Arya getting all the way back to the RL from Braavos in time to meet up with the BwB and Hound before the head North? Surely that is too much, even for this season.

I don't doubt eventually their stories will re-converge, though. I just hope the "when" is somewhat realistic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Arya and the Hound will definitely meet again.  That is the only reason the show would have spent so many stick beating questions on the Hound multiple times.  That is their idea of foreshadowing.

If I were to guess, then, I'd guess that she meets the Hound in the RL and then they go North together, leaving the BWB to continue their fight in the RL.

That's what I saw too.  But I think the BWB will  go with them...

 

3 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I don't think the hound will meet Arya or Sansa soon, I think Arya is going to Winterfell to meet Jon and Sansa (and all of them will go to Bran in the north), he's going to the wall with BwB to fight the WW, and I'm certain that he will meet evereybody north of the wall because I can see all the stories are converging there in preparation for the final battle of the dawn (season 7 and 8 are too short for a road trip)

...And then they will meet up with the other Stark kids and Brienne and the Hound will become friends.  Each protecting a Stark girl. 

I am really looking forward to reading TWoW to get this GoT story out of my head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rumy Stark said:

Nuuuu not another roadtrip!

I know the show has been playing with unrealistic travel times this season but Arya getting all the way back to the RL from Braavos in time to meet up with the BwB and Hound before the head North? Surely that is too much, even for this season.

I don't doubt eventually their stories will re-converge, though. I just hope the "when" is somewhat realistic. 

I'm afraid Arya will arrive in Westeros on Sunday.  She's taking "Westeros Air" from Bravos... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So everybody will meet up and have a joyful reunion? Not happening. 

Besides, who's gonna kill the Freys? Don't tell me it's Jaime, his redemption arc and his undying love for the Starks. I'm naive enough to be counting on Arya and/or BwB involvement. 

and I honestly have no clue where the hound is going. In my pink and foggy little mind that believes in R+L=<3 and misses Khal Drogo, this could also depend on whether or not there's a SanSan ship somewhere on the sea west of Westeros. But then, this is asoiaf so the hound will probably die protecting a stark girl of choice. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And then come back in Gendry's boat with Syrio and Stannis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

So everybody will meet up and have a joyful reunion? Not happening.

and then, a certain white walker will appear from nowhere and kill everybody :D
I think that it's a story of some former enemies uniting against the ultimate danger
Daenerys is also going there (she seen it in her dream), and hell, if the rumor of KL is true then I will be 99% sure that Jaime is going there joining the party

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beric Dondarrion was originally commissioned by Ned Stark to root out bad guys (the Mountain) in the Riverlands. So it makes sense that he would stop at a newly Starkified Winterfell on the way to the Wall. Best guess would be the Hound reunites with both Stark girls there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

So everybody will meet up and have a joyful reunion? Not happening. 

Besides, who's gonna kill the Freys? Don't tell me it's Jaime, his redemption arc and his undying love for the Starks. I'm naive enough to be counting on Arya and/or BwB involvement. 

Joyful reunion?  Only if they all die the next day... 

I do think Arya will kill a bunch of Freys in episode 10.  I think the Hound/Arya reunion/trek to the north will make up most of Season 7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres a thing i thought of. If the hound goes north with the BwB, he is likely to meet the starks again. And heres the thing: he could tell them about LFs role in Neds downfall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the Hound and ZombieMountain still have unfinished bussiness to settle. Probabaly they are destined to fight each other one more time. Don't think the Hound will end up north.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nymeria Pao said:

Joyful reunion?  Only if they all die the next day... 

I do think Arya will kill a bunch of Freys in episode 10.  I think the Hound/Arya reunion/trek to the north will make up most of Season 7. 

They do seem to like repeating themselves so I wouldn't be surprised. And of course we can't count on having the next book out by the time they write season 7 scripts. Which is when? My guess is around this time or very soon if it's not written already. They shoot in Croatia in summer don't they? Not sure. But point is, they have nothing to adapt at this point, so I can see them reaching back for duos/scenes that worked before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they'll only be 1 more clip of Arya this season, and it'll probably be at the Tavern everything started to go to hell for her.  Her arc for this season is over, so I only expect a small clip that helps build hype for Season 7.

The only thing that pops in my mind as a possibility of building onto her story is for her to run back into The Hound or Brienne.  Arya needs a way to get back north to Winterfell, and it just so happens the BwB and The Hound are right there in the Riverlands, heading north.   It makes the most logical sense IMO for her to join back up with The Hound and BwB, considering they are on their way to Winterfell themselves.  

It also makes sense considering they will have to pass through Frey territory....

It's really the most logical setup for Season 7 if you think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SevasTra82 said:

I think they'll only be 1 more clip of Arya this season, and it'll probably be at the Tavern everything started to go to hell for her.  Her arc for this season is over, so I only expect a small clip that helps build hype for Season 7.

The only thing that pops in my mind as a possibility of building onto her story is for her to run back into The Hound or Brienne.  Arya needs a way to get back north to Winterfell, and it just so happens the BwB and The Hound are right there in the Riverlands, heading north.   It makes the most logical sense IMO for her to join back up with The Hound and BwB, considering they are on their way to Winterfell themselves.  

It also makes sense considering they will have to pass through Frey territory....

It's really the most logical setup for Season 7 if you think about it.

I agree this is the most logical setup. It does bother me that the timelines don't seem to match up, though, as the BwB and The Hound were already heading North when last we saw them and Arya still needs to get back from Braavos.... she wasn't even on a ship at the end of the last ep. 

 

18 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

And then come back in Gendry's boat with Syrio and Stannis. 

Hahahahaha yes. All my yes. Winning. 

 

5 hours ago, Count Winter said:

Think the Hound and ZombieMountain still have unfinished bussiness to settle. Probabaly they are destined to fight each other one more time. Don't think the Hound will end up north.

Cleganebowl HYPE. Of course, Cleganebowl can still happen up north. If the show's plot shifts quickly from KL to the North when the Wall falls (which I guess people are assuming will happen soon), both ZombieMountain and The Hound could easily be in the North. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like all of the Stark children are heading back to Winterfell right now, and so is the Hound and the BWB. My guess is yes, they DO have a reunion. We have to remember that we are watching WOW right now. Other than the Greyjoy storyline and Sams, DWD and AFFC is over. My point is that just because we are seeing that the Stark family reunion is finally going to happen, doesn't mean that's something we see happen in WOW, or at least not until the final chapters. We know the ASIOF story is supposed to be about the Starks. Yes, it's bigger than just that family, but it's obviously about the Starks or we wouldn't have so many Stark POVs. So I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that the final book at least begins with them figuring out what to do together and then separating again. 

If it means fighting the WWs, yes, I see the Hound and the BWB aligning with the Stark cause, though I don't see any reason why they would need to pledge loyalty to House Stark. I also predict that Jamie will survive the LSH trap, but I'm not so sure about Brienne's fate. I think Jamie needs to survive because in doing so, I think he will come to sympathize with the BWB, and bring this influence back to KL. Unless at that point Cersei has already burned it to the ground --especially if Tommen and Myrcella are somehow killed off at that point. Jaime's story has been the morally grey character like the Hound, but more so about honor above all else. It isn't hard to imagine Jamie joining the BWB and Stark cause and going down in the Kingsguard History as the Lord Commander who lead the Kingsguard against the WWs. Again, this does NOT mean he needs to pledge loyalty to either House Stark or the BWB, just that he would agree to the common enemy and be willing to work with them. I think WOW is going to be the last we see of Cersei, and I think that will be the final nail in the coffin for Jamie's actions. As to the Hound v the Mt. I don't understand why that can't take place as a battle between the Hound and the WWs and their wights depending how far south the WWs get. What happens to Mt. Zombie without Cersei? 

Therein lies the rub. Just because we have a Stark family reunion, and our heroes the Hound and Jamie finally join forces with our heroes the Starks, DOESN'T mean that it's ASOIAF version of the Avengers happening. None of this will go over well, and most likely the allies will bitterly hate each other and nothing will be resolved between their families or personal ambitions just because they agree that they need each other. 

Odds are that Arya goes south after the reunion. And as for the Freys. Maybe Arya kills some of them, maybe old Walder, but I don't think anyone will kill old Walder. I think he will die on his own. I think Arya will be needed to slip into the Twins and lower the gates to move an Army from  KL to the north or vice versa. The Frey family is doomed. It will be the irony of old Walder's life that he produced so many spawn and yet his own actions lead his family to the same fate as the Castermeres. As we see in ADWD, the whole kingdom hates them and are happily hunting them or looking the other way when they get murdered.

The only question I have, which we all obviously have, is how does ol' Uncle George tie in Dany to all of this? Does she land on a shore of a continent over run by the dead? Does she get there first and shuffle through more politics before the big battle starts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rumy Stark said:

I agree this is the most logical setup. It does bother me that the timelines don't seem to match up, though, as the BwB and The Hound were already heading North when last we saw them and Arya still needs to get back from Braavos.... she wasn't even on a ship at the end of the last ep. 

 

Hahahahaha yes. All my yes. Winning. 

 

Cleganebowl HYPE. Of course, Cleganebowl can still happen up north. If the show's plot shifts quickly from KL to the North when the Wall falls (which I guess people are assuming will happen soon), both ZombieMountain and The Hound could easily be in the North. 

Timelines in the show *never* makes sense, honestly.  D&D are all about plot convenience, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Arya teleports her way back to the Riverlands in half an episode, while the BwB remain in the same spot for that same amount of time.

Zombie Mountain will never leave Kings Landing, as he is essentially a slave to Cersei, and honestly, I wonder if ZM ends up perishing in the Wildfire in episode 10 (along with everyone else in KL).  With the BwB making a B-Line for Winterfell apparently, I don't see them making a pit-stop in Kings Landing just for the sake of a Cleganebowl.  The only way it could happen is if Cersei leaves KL and heads north (which...why would she?), or Cersei dies and ZM just becomes a walking corpse around Westeros without any sort of "master" (which doesn't seem very likely either).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lord of Nutella said:

Heres a thing i thought of. If the hound goes north with the BwB, he is likely to meet the starks again. And heres the thing: he could tell them about LFs role in Neds downfall.

That would be nice.  And to have Sansa kill him would be even nicer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

They do seem to like repeating themselves so I wouldn't be surprised. And of course we can't count on having the next book out by the time they write season 7 scripts. Which is when? My guess is around this time or very soon if it's not written already. They shoot in Croatia in summer don't they? Not sure. But point is, they have nothing to adapt at this point, so I can see them reaching back for duos/scenes that worked before. 

I unfortunately agree 100% with you.  Am thinking that the BotB will be Blackwater v2.  I can't see them doing anything different (other than killing Rickon)  with the Kights of the Vale swooping in at the end to "save" the Starks.  D&D = if it worked once it'll work again.  Only GRRM wrote the script for Blackwater...  

My opinion is that they are tired of this show.  And without GRRM material, they will simply do anything that fans liked in previous seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...