The Hound and Arya v2

20 minutes ago, Nymeria Pao said:

I unfortunately agree 100% with you.  Am thinking that the BotB will be Blackwater v2.  I can't see them doing anything different (other than killing Rickon)  with the Kights of the Vale swooping in at the end to "save" the Starks.  D&D = if it worked once it'll work again.  Only GRRM wrote the script for Blackwater...  

My opinion is that they are tired of this show.  And without GRRM material, they will simply do anything that fans liked in previous seasons. 

Well in their defense Martin played that card twice too (Blackwater and Stannis vs Wildlings).

The problem this time, imo, is that Littlefinger helping the Stark cause because he has the hots for Sansa is just lame. I can see that it could potentially fit into a Littlefinger takes over the North plan, but it certainly doesn't make sense paired up with his previous decisions (giving Sansa to the Boltons then helping Sansa against the Boltons? Why?). And it not only puts the Starks in a bad position politically, it also kinda ridicules them to owe to the guy who betrayed their father. Or is it going to be Littlefinger redemption arc? I don't know, I wish Jon found a way to win without Littlefinger. 

But yeah, D&D repeated the theatre play stuff, the unburnt stuff. I can totally see them repeating the Hound and Arya on the road stuff too. 

I totally get that they are getting tired of the show. And I guess it's more difficult to finish the story without source material. But they are writers, they should be able to make sense in their script. 

50 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

The problem this time, imo, is that Littlefinger helping the Stark cause because he has the hots for Sansa is just lame. I can see that it could potentially fit into a Littlefinger takes over the North plan, but it certainly doesn't make sense paired up with his previous decisions (giving Sansa to the Boltons then helping Sansa against the Boltons? Why?). And it not only puts the Starks in a bad position politically, it also kinda ridicules them to owe to the guy who betrayed their father. Or is it going to be Littlefinger redemption arc? I don't know, I wish Jon found a way to win without Littlefinger...

:( I've given up on them having any redemption arcs.  If I where betting I would put my money on the idea of Jon n Sansa learning of LFs involvement in Ned's beheading.   And the Hound has to be the one to tell the Starks bc who else was there and knows?  But am thinking that won't happen this season.  Ayra and Sandor need their road trip.  (plus LSH killings, A+H=LSH)

I have tried, very hard, to separate the show from the books but it's really hard without seeing the source material first.  But the show is setting up LFs downfall.  I've seen theories of Sansa marrying LF after the battle.  But I can't see that happening based on Alayne being his bastard daughter.  I think the fact that they made Sansa Jeyne Poole, the only way they can make it work is to have her kill LF.  But that's just my opinion. 

Again, I can't wait for TWoW... 

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

Well in their defense Martin played that card twice too (Blackwater and Stannis vs Wildlings).

The problem this time, imo, is that Littlefinger helping the Stark cause because he has the hots for Sansa is just lame. I can see that it could potentially fit into a Littlefinger takes over the North plan, but it certainly doesn't make sense paired up with his previous decisions (giving Sansa to the Boltons then helping Sansa against the Boltons? Why?). And it not only puts the Starks in a bad position politically, it also kinda ridicules them to owe to the guy who betrayed their father. Or is it going to be Littlefinger redemption arc? I don't know, I wish Jon found a way to win without Littlefinger. 

But yeah, D&D repeated the theatre play stuff, the unburnt stuff. I can totally see them repeating the Hound and Arya on the road stuff too. 

I totally get that they are getting tired of the show. And I guess it's more difficult to finish the story without source material. But they are writers, they should be able to make sense in their script. 

Actually that one was adopted straight out of GRRM excerpt chapters from TWOW - check out "Mercy" so I am guessing GRRM repeating it too??

5 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

I think they'll only be 1 more clip of Arya this season, and it'll probably be at the Tavern everything started to go to hell for her.  Her arc for this season is over, so I only expect a small clip that helps build hype for Season 7.

The only thing that pops in my mind as a possibility of building onto her story is for her to run back into The Hound or Brienne.  Arya needs a way to get back north to Winterfell, and it just so happens the BwB and The Hound are right there in the Riverlands, heading north.   It makes the most logical sense IMO for her to join back up with The Hound and BwB, considering they are on their way to Winterfell themselves.  

It also makes sense considering they will have to pass through Frey territory....

It's really the most logical setup for Season 7 if you think about it.

Agreed.  The fact that Brienne said to Sansa "She was with a man" instead of 'She was with Sandor Clegane' makes me think they will all be together at some point.  So I guess my only question is do they have a Sandor/Brienne reunion first, or Sandor/Arya? 

Maybe Arya will find Gendry rowing by the Fingers!  (lol) And they can walk thru The Vale together to get to The RLs. 

7 minutes ago, Nymeria Pao said:

:( I've given up on them having any redemption arcs.  If I where betting I would put my money on the idea of Jon n Sansa learning of LFs involvement in Ned's beheading.   And the Hound has to be the one to tell the Starks bc who else was there and knows?  But am thinking that won't happen this season.  Ayra and Sandor need their road trip.  (plus LSH killings, A+H=LSH)

I have tried, very hard, to separate the show from the books but it's really hard without seeing the source material first.  But the show is setting up LFs downfall.  I've seen theories of Sansa marrying LF after the battle.  But I can't see that happening based on Alayne being his bastard daughter.  I think the fact that they made Sansa Jeyne Poole, the only way they can make it work is to have her kill LF.  But that's just my opinion. 

Again, I can't wait for TWoW... 

That's exactly my issue. They learn LF's involvement and then what? They will go on and behead the guy who basically saved their arse... How is that revenge or justice or anything? And yeah we are all waiting for LF's downfall, but LF's troups winning a battle for the Starks and LF restoring the Starks isn't exactly that direction, is it? To me that screams LF being back in saddle. That's why I'm pretty unenthusiastic about his involvement in the battle of bastards. We'll see how it works out I guess. 

26 minutes ago, Masha said:

Actually that one was adopted straight out of GRRM excerpt chapters from TWOW - check out "Mercy" so I am guessing GRRM repeating it too??

I should have clarified what I meant. I remember there was a theatre part in Mercy (back then I still read sample chapters). What I don't remember is what its role was in the Mercy chapter. 

In the show, both theater play scenes were used to a.) recap previous events b.) get strong emotional reactions out of characters. While the acting was great in both cases, I thought it was kind of repetitive to have a play touch a character's soul. Maybe it's just me. 

2 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

That's exactly my issue. They learn LF's involvement and then what? They will go on and behead the guy who basically saved their arse... How is that revenge or justice or anything? And yeah we are all waiting for LF's downfall, but LF's troups winning a battle for the Starks and LF restoring the Starks isn't exactly that direction, is it? To me that screams LF being back in saddle. That's why I'm pretty unenthusiastic about his involvement in the battle of bastards. We'll see how it works out I guess. 

I think they can make it work.  Sanas knows (1) LF killed Joffery, (2) LF killed Lysa Arryn and (3) He gave her to the Boltons.  With the added info of his hand in Ned's betrayal...  Well after that it makes sense for show Sansa to kill him.  And if Jon is Jon Stark KitN then it is done smoothly. 

23 minutes ago, Nymeria Pao said:

I think they can make it work.  Sanas knows (1) LF killed Joffery, (2) LF killed Lysa Arryn and (3) He gave her to the Boltons.  With the added info of his hand in Ned's betrayal...  Well after that it makes sense for show Sansa to kill him.  And if Jon is Jon Stark KitN then it is done smoothly. 

I see tons of issues with this. Killing Joffrey was a favor to Sansa, as was areanging her escape from KL, as was killing Lysa, as is saving their arses from Ramsay. Joffrey tormented Sansa for years, why would she see his murder as a crime or betrayal? Lysa was mad and tried to kill Sansa, why would she see her murder as a crime or betrayal (if she does, why did she lie to the lords of the Vale to save LF's butt)? LF did Sansa a favor by taking Joffrey and Lysa out and getting her out of KL. He would do Sansa a favor by rallying the Vale and rooting Ramsay out for them. 

The other arm of the scale is crossing Ned and selling Sansa to Ramsay (which a bit funny because Sansa agreed to it and LF didn't know about Ramsay). 

And yes, LF is a scheming snake of the worst kind but I'm not at all sure that it would sit well with me to see Sansa execute LF right after he saves their butts and retakes their home. I'm not at all sure that would look good on Sansa's resume or fit her character or the general "Stark honor".  

Of course I can see the show playing this and if they do, well at least we are rid of LF. 

"I have deliberately tried to be vague about such things, so I don't have obsessive fans with rulers measuring distances on the map and telling me Ned couldn't get from X to Y in the time I say he did." - GRRM

The timelines between the various storylines don’t necessarily line up within a given episode. For instance, the “Northern Tour” Jon and Sansa embark on would probably take a couple weeks, but Arya’s storyline over the past few episodes only spans a few days. We realized a while ago that if we tied ourselves in knots trying to make all the “story days” line up between all the characters the momentum would suffer. - Bryan Cogman

Wise choice. Who in their right mind would want to watch characters on a road for episodes upon episodes? Who in their right mind would want to spend time and money to bring that to life on screen? Plot progression is more important than such technicalities.

Of course time passes between scenes, days/weeks/months, that goes without saying. And the scenes don't happen chronologically/at the same time. The viewers should be able to figure that out by themselves, not be in need of spoonfeeding. Wish that ridiculous jetpack meme would die already.

Just going to throw this here, because I've been holding it in for a bit.

I've been critical of the show at points. I think most of us have been there/done that. Hell, the entire North and Dorne stories have been horrible IMO.

That said; The " teleporting ", " magical warp ", ect complaints are getting a little stale.

Everything we see in an episode isn't happening at the same time. We're getting glimpses of what the narrators consider important parts of each character's story, sometimes being stretched over weeks or months of time. Seeing someone in Esso's, cutting to another story arc ( which may not be happening at the same time at all ), and then 20 mins later seeing that same character in Westeros doesn't mean that they made the trip in a day. It means that nothing significant happened to that character during the travel time, so there was no point in showing it to the viewers.

Edit; Sorry Darksky. That's what I get for replying while still on the first page. Good summary of the point I was trying to make.

• 3 months later...

Arya and the Hound are gonna stroll up into to Winterfell where they see Littlefinger getting all uncle creepy on Sansa. The Hound tells Arya what happened in the throne room. Arya calmly walks over to Sansa they have a nice hug. She then turns to LF and asks "You betrayed my father didn't you" LF says "Of course not". Arya looks at him narrows her eyes and says "Liar" and then stabs him through the throat with Needle.

Lord Royce rolls up on the scene with Jon, Tormund and Brienne as they hear Sansa's screams of horror and see Arya with a bloody sword and the Hound positioning himself to protect Arya. There is chaos in the conversation, and Tormund giving Brienne more beard grin as he hears that Brienne beat the Hound's ass. Eventually it gets to the part where LF betrayed Ned, then King Jon is OK I am cool with this. Lord Royce is like I am good with it seems like he died from a Bolton loyalist to me.

Arya then presents the heads of Walder Frey, Lothar and Black Walder to Jon.

On 9/23/2016 at 1:58 PM, Slaysman said:

Arya and the Hound are gonna stroll up into to Winterfell where they see Littlefinger getting all uncle creepy on Sansa. The Hound tells Arya what happened in the throne room. Arya calmly walks over to Sansa they have a nice hug. She then turns to LF and asks "You betrayed my father didn't you" LF says "Of course not". Arya looks at him narrows her eyes and says "Liar" and then stabs him through the throat with Needle.

My name is Arya Stark

You Killed my Father

Prepare to die.

Archived