Match Day 7: England/Wales, Ukraine/Northern Ireland, Germany/Poland

4 minutes ago, Les Diables Rouges said:

I think both Vardy and Sturridge should start the next game in the place of Sterling and Kane.

Someone has to start replacing Kane and Rooney for corners. Both have cornered in the two games pedestrianly at best.

1 minute ago, Ser Zlatan said:

Don't know about Kane, but Sterling definitely shouldn't start. I'd say Vardy for Sterling and Sturridge as a supersub.

I'm the opposite. I'd start Sturridge and leave Sterling. Don't think Kanes complete lack of movement up front has benefited Sterling at all. 

Not an ideal performance, but still a deserved win. I'd put Sturridge in for certain. Hopefully, Kane is showing himself to be a slow starter again, rather than any more serious problems.

Neither Kane nor Sterling have done the business. If it's a matter of Kane starting slowly then there isn't much time for him to hit his straps - one more match and then we are into knockout football. Four points should be enough to see England through so I think it is a risk worth taking to start both Vardy and Sturridge in the next game and see whether they can do any better. Plus, in the latter stages, England will be up against better opposition who like to play on the front foot and will not defend so deep, leaving space in behind to run into, which should suit Vardy to a tee.

58 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

Wales should still be through. They only have to beat a very poor Russian side. They should have made substitutions themselves once it was apparent in the second half they'd lost abillity to move down the wing.

We have no one to bring on to help things.

18 minutes ago, lessthanluke said:

We have no one to bring on to help things.

George Williams? :laugh:

I would be playing Grigg over Washington for Northern Ireland. Proven himself a much better player, over more than half a season, not just because he's on fire.

Archived