Heritage (SPOILERS!)

The Lash

Will Jon find out he is actually the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar this episode?  I think there is a small possibility I am sure LF will show up to save the day, and once he figures out the WW threat is something that trumps his game that He is playing he will make adjustments.  One of those will be to inform Jon of his true parentage.  I am sure he knows, as evidenced by the scene with him and Sansa in the crypts in front of Lyanna's statue.  He knew the kidnapping of Lyanna was BS.  He did not correct her because it suited his purposes.  But you could tell he knew the truth.  He MIGHT release the information this time because, what is the point of having absolute power if there is nothing left to rule?  What'cha think?

Hmmm.... had not thought about this.

I mean another option is that Howland Reed finally shows up, but LF seems more likely. And since LF took part of Ned's storyline for that scene in the crypt (in the books LF definitely was not at the tourney and the lines he used to describe Rhaegar giving Lyanna the crown of love and beauty were directly from Ned's book POV) I guess it's possible they'll give him the reveal. I guess I just don't know how in the world he'd know? Like that is a big piece of information and if R + L = J is true there are really only 2 people alive who know it and they kept it VERY secret, so I don't know when LF might have learned it? Certainly not from Ned, and highly unlikely from Howland Reed. 

I guess we shall see! 

His job is secrets.  As far as I am concerned, he plays the game better than Varys. He ferretted out Roz (I think that's her name).  He spent a lot of his time around the Starks, Tully's, and Arryn's in his youth.  Since he is or was in love with Cat, he would have investigated this 'Wyla'.  That is information he would have been damn sure to find out. It would not surprise me if in the show he knows about Rob 's will either.  Given his vast network of connections.  It would be just the sort of thing the producers and writers would use to cut story lines and condense story arcs.  Howland Reed may show up next season, but at this late in the game it would feel very deus ex machina to me.  Howland should have his lands and titles stripped, He is later to battle than Walder Frey.  His actions earlier on could have made a huge difference.  They have only just now set him up through the weirwood visions.  If I were Bran or any other Stark, I would be super pissed off at his inaction.  The only redemption at this point would be for him to actually be the HS.  And it's a good possibility he will die in the burning of KL by wildfire.

Varys also said he was the most dangerous man in Westeros.  He did not say Tywin, or the King, or even himself.  He said this before LF started making his major moves.  Why would he say this? Tywin has vastly more wealth and power.  He is not a rival to someone like Tywin or the head of another great house in this reguard.  His knowledge is what gives him power.   And if he does get the reveal and Dany hears that there is a son of Rhaegar in Westeros, well that would light a fire under her ass to get in gear.  To find out the truth one way or the other.  

12 hours ago, The Lash said:

Varys also said he was the most dangerous man in Westeros.  He did not say Tywin, or the King, or even himself.  He said this before LF started making his major moves.  Why would he say this? Tywin has vastly more wealth and power.  He is not a rival to someone like Tywin or the head of another great house in this reguard.  His knowledge is what gives him power.   And if he does get the reveal and Dany hears that there is a son of Rhaegar in Westeros, well that would light a fire under her ass to get in gear.  To find out the truth one way or the other.  

That got me into thinking, from Dany's perspective if she heard word that Jon was actually a Targaryen, wouldn't Jon fill in the role that is being left out with FAegon from the books? - albeit in an entirely different way but it may play out to have the same effect perhaps in Varys' perspective. That may explain his haste in leaving Essos before Dany got to Mereen. 

I believe the Battle of Winterfell has been completely modified from the books so that Jon wins it rather than Stannis and the LSH story line will be another major modification from the books with the BwoB/Sandor. It wouldn't surprise me if they throw in the eventual FAegon/Dany confrontation or union in the books to a Jon/Dany confrontation/union in the show. Or at lease aspects of it.

Just now, tmug said:

That got me into thinking, from Dany's perspective if she heard word that Jon was actually a Targaryen, wouldn't Jon fill in the role that is being left out with FAegon from the books? - albeit in an entirely different way but it may play out to have the same effect perhaps in Varys' perspective. That may explain is haste in leaving Essos before Dany got to Mereen. 

I believe the Battle of Winterfell has been completely modified from the books so that Jon wins it rather than Stannis and the LSH story line will be another major modification from the books with the BwoB/Sandor. It wouldn't surprise me if they throw in the eventual FAegon/Dany confrontation or union in the books to a Jon/Dany confrontation/union in the show. Or at lease aspects of it.

Yes, Jon is probably going to be the one to finally get Dany's but in gear to get back to Westeros instead of fAegon.  IMO.  Jon will also probably still be dead as the Battle of Ice is going on in the books, that would be Bastard Bowl on the show.  

I am toying with the idea of ending all my posts with this:

Howland Reed<----------F&CK THIS GUY

Just because I think he is beyond useless.  Do you think it works

4 minutes ago, The Lash said:

Yes, Jon is probably going to be the one to finally get Dany's but in gear to get back to Westeros instead of fAegon.  IMO.  Jon will also probably still be dead as the Battle of Ice is going on in the books, that would be Bastard Bowl on the show.  

I am toying with the idea of ending all my posts with this:

Howland Reed<----------F&CK THIS GUY

Just because I think he is beyond useless.  Do you think it works

Yeah I am also tired of hearing how he will come in at the end to declare all truth to be known. He is either the biggest red herring in this story or he is going to be stuck to a tree much like Bran or BR was or that he is so sick that he is literally useless.

The show didn't really make him seem sickly and weak like Jojen was. He showed some balls being the first to go after the Kingsgaurd in the ToJ flashback, for a guy who had no reputation of being a fighter or swordsman. I figured he would have done something clever like talk out the whole situation after it was only Dayne and Ned left standing, sort of displaying how stupid this "honor" thing is, the war was over and Lyanna was screaming as she died upstairs. The book states that "they" saw Ned holding Lyanna with blood all over, I figured it would have been Reed and Dayne as witnesses.

15 hours ago, tmug said:

Yeah I am also tired of hearing how he will come in at the end to declare all truth to be known. He is either the biggest red herring in this story or he is going to be stuck to a tree much like Bran or BR was or that he is so sick that he is literally useless.

The show didn't really make him seem sickly and weak like Jojen was. He showed some balls being the first to go after the Kingsgaurd in the ToJ flashback, for a guy who had no reputation of being a fighter or swordsman. I figured he would have done something clever like talk out the whole situation after it was only Dayne and Ned left standing, sort of displaying how stupid this "honor" thing is, the war was over and Lyanna was screaming as she died upstairs. The book states that "they" saw Ned holding Lyanna with blood all over, I figured it would have been Reed and Dayne as witnesses.

Howland Reed is like the Winds of Winter. You keep waiting for him to come out and he never does. 

As for his state of health, Howland and Ned were the only survivors of the ToJ fight, which kinda makes me think he had to be pretty badass in his time to be one of the only two surviving against 3 famously amazing swordsmen. Maybe his health declined with the years and that's why he doesn't want to leave his swamp castle. 

"They" cannot refer to Arthur Dayne, he was killed in the fighting. He died. He is dead. Permanently. As for who 'they' refers to is a big fat question mark. 

Reed stabs Dayne in the back, Bran is disappointed and disgusted. Jaime stabs the Mad King in the back, he never lives that moment down. I think Bran will learn that there are necessary evils that need to happen, "honor" is a bunch of BS and his own father even knew that but preached it anyways to his kids.

Bran will learn about Jaime and the Mad King/wildfire and understand his actions. There needs to be some sort of closure to the event that kicked off this whole saga where Jaime pushes Bran out of the window. I think this will be the last thing Bran learns with his new powers and will practically be in gratitude of Jaime for that and many other things to come, thus giving the heroic acknowledgement that Jaime has longed for and rightfully deserves.

On June 16, 2016 at 2:52 PM, SevasTra82 said:

The final shot of this season will be Brans reveal of Lyanna and Jon.  So WE will find this season, but not Jon.  That will be a major plot arc for Season 7, IMO.

I agree that Bran will find out R+L=J and WE will know but Jon will not. That will set up Bran trying to get to WF to alert Jon. Plus, Bran can't really spend the winter camping out with Benjen so he would have 2 reasons to get to WF. (Unless Benjen has a better idea) 

On 6/16/2016 at 9:15 AM, The Lash said:

Will Jon find out he is actually the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar this episode?  I think there is a small possibility I am sure LF will show up to save the day, and once he figures out the WW threat is something that trumps his game that He is playing he will make adjustments.  One of those will be to inform Jon of his true parentage.  I am sure he knows, as evidenced by the scene with him and Sansa in the crypts in front of Lyanna's statue.  He knew the kidnapping of Lyanna was BS.  He did not correct her because it suited his purposes.  But you could tell he knew the truth.  He MIGHT release the information this time because, what is the point of having absolute power if there is nothing left to rule?  What'cha think?

He knew the kidnapping was BS, but I highly doubt he knows she had a child that is Jon Snow.

8 hours ago, Chib said:

Pretty good description of what happened, but did anyone else see the Manderlies turn on Bolton and I missed it?  Unless I missed it, this wasn't perfect.

Archived