Heritage (SPOILERS!)

The Lash

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:41 PM, The Lash said:

I am toying with the idea of ending all my posts with this:

Howland Reed<----------F&CK THIS GUY

Just because I think he is beyond useless.  Do you think it works

Yes ! Ha.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:39 AM, The Chequered Raven said:

I think HR will never show up anywhere, neither in the show nor in the books...

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with you here.

I think Jon's parentage reveal will be the close of the season. 

It's been partly mentioned before on reddit but perhaps a double cut scene where Bran investigates TOJ further through weirnet simultaneosly of Jon saying his good byes to Rickon. Jon is also investigating Lyanna's grave, Ned's, Rickon's, and then Robb, Bran, Arya, and Sansa's. We know from the books Ned broke tradition and included his whole family in the tombs, not just the kings and lords of winter. We also know the graves are alrady dug. Perhaps after seeing that, Ghost bolts through the crypts, down deeper. Jon gives chase deep down down down. There is the collapsed part of the crypts mentioned previously and perhaps he starts clawing at the collapsed rocks, urging Jon forward and Jon obliges. All the while we are seeing the ToJ scene cut in and out. We see that Lyanna isn't getting hurt but giving birth. We see ghost stop at a tomb in the distance from Jon's PoV deep in the crypts. We see that Lyanna's birth is a boy..."promise me ned". Jon's torch light flickers across the head stone and it is inscribed "Jon Snow son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark". 

Cuts to black. 

4 hours ago, drayrock said:

I think Jon's parentage reveal will be the close of the season. 

It's been partly mentioned before on reddit but perhaps a double cut scene where Bran investigates TOJ further through weirnet simultaneosly of Jon saying his good byes to Rickon. Jon is also investigating Lyanna's grave, Ned's, Rickon's, and then Robb, Bran, Arya, and Sansa's. We know from the books Ned broke tradition and included his whole family in the tombs, not just the kings and lords of winter. We also know the graves are alrady dug. Perhaps after seeing that, Ghost bolts through the crypts, down deeper. Jon gives chase deep down down down. There is the collapsed part of the crypts mentioned previously and perhaps he starts clawing at the collapsed rocks, urging Jon forward and Jon obliges. All the while we are seeing the ToJ scene cut in and out. We see that Lyanna isn't getting hurt but giving birth. We see ghost stop at a tomb in the distance from Jon's PoV deep in the crypts. We see that Lyanna's birth is a boy..."promise me ned". Jon's torch light flickers across the head stone and it is inscribed "Jon Snow son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark". 

Cuts to black. 

OOOOH that would be beautiful to see, I got chill bumps reading it. But I highly doubt it'll be revealed so upfront like that. I don't thinkJon will find out this season. However, if I had it my way, your description would happen.

1 hour ago, CQCStargaryen said:

OOOOH that would be beautiful to see, I got chill bumps reading it. But I highly doubt it'll be revealed so upfront like that. I don't thinkJon will find out this season. However, if I had it my way, your description would happen.

I just like it cause it can be construed as Bran leading Jon to it, perhaps Ghost is warged in that moment to a degree. There have been too many motifs about the crypts and Jon. Something has to happen down there, whether it be about his heritage or not; and he mentions going down next episode.

1 hour ago, drayrock said:

I just like it cause it can be construed as Bran leading Jon to it, perhaps Ghost is warged in that moment to a degree. There have been too many motifs about the crypts and Jon. Something has to happen down there, whether it be about his heritage or not; and he mentions going down next episode.

I would absolutely love to see it played out. We know in the books and even in the show that the crypts have an important role to play. This would be a perfect opportunity to fulfill that purpose. It would be so poetic and dramatic. 

Inthink it'll be revealed to Jon through some sort of interaction between Bran and a Weirwood somewhere North of the Wall and Jon and the Winterfell Heart Tree.

Maybe Jon takes a stroll in the Winterfell Godswood and Bran somehow "reaches" to him through the Weirwood, making him go all white eyed and then you get a cool scene at the ToJ with Bran and Jon watching events whilst chowing down on popcorn!

I agree that WE will/may learn about the ToJ but Jon will not. But even if the show doesn't go that way, despite all the complaints about bad writing, there are actually many ways Jon could find out
-Bran sees it, and tells him
-LittleFinger knows it and tells him
-Howland Reed arrives and tells him
-Howland Reed is the High Septon theory :-), and eventually tells Jon
-Jon goes to bury Rickon and finds evidence in the crypts

Drayrock: Jon's torch light flickers across the head stone and it is inscribed "Jon Snow son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark". 

I love your idea.  That means it won't happen :D

2 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

I agree that WE will/may learn about the ToJ but Jon will not. But even if the show doesn't go that way, despite all the complaints about bad writing, there are actually many ways Jon could find out
-Bran sees it, and tells him
-LittleFinger knows it and tells him
-Howland Reed arrives and tells him
-Howland Reed is the High Septon theory :-), and eventually tells Jon
-Jon goes to bury Rickon and finds evidence in the crypts

Drayrock: Jon's torch light flickers across the head stone and it is inscribed "Jon Snow son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark". 

I love your idea.  That means it won't happen :D

I think it could in the books to some degree. Unfortunately with the show, I kinda agree. As soon as I thought of ghost leading him to it, I knew they would probably not do it...Ghost is completely absent most of the time. 

In the books Jon thinks about the crypts and assumes he'll be burried with the servants beign a bastard; outside of the crypts. I'm holding out hope, Ned obviously has a soft spot for him and his family considering he's broken tradition in the past. They had the foreight to include the "You have my blood" indicating he feels the same way for Jon as his other sons. 

I don't understand honestly why they'd wait another season for the reveal. From a viewer perspective, they've built up Lyanna this season, it will never be fresher in the non book readers mind. That gives us Season 7 to see how he deals with this truth, and realistiaclly season 8 it's not going to matter much until Danny arrives. I think its the perfect time. 

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, The Lash said:

Yes, Jon is probably going to be the one to finally get Dany's but in gear to get back to Westeros instead of fAegon.  IMO.  Jon will also probably still be dead as the Battle of Ice is going on in the books, that would be Bastard Bowl on the show.  

I am toying with the idea of ending all my posts with this:

Howland Reed<----------F&CK THIS GUY

Just because I think he is beyond useless.  Do you think it works

Daenerys won't care, because Jon would be a bastard and hence irrelevant. If it turns out that she is also Rhaegar's bastard, on the face of it it might be relevant, but in practice she wont care either, since she will have 100000 Dothraki screamers and three dragons standing behind her. As always, in the end the sword is the law.

On 6/16/2016 at 9:53 AM, Rumy Stark said:

Hmmm.... had not thought about this.

I mean another option is that Howland Reed finally shows up, but LF seems more likely. And since LF took part of Ned's storyline for that scene in the crypt (in the books LF definitely was not at the tourney and the lines he used to describe Rhaegar giving Lyanna the crown of love and beauty were directly from Ned's book POV) I guess it's possible they'll give him the reveal. I guess I just don't know how in the world he'd know? Like that is a big piece of information and if R + L = J is true there are really only 2 people alive who know it and they kept it VERY secret, so I don't know when LF might have learned it? Certainly not from Ned, and highly unlikely from Howland Reed. 

I guess we shall see! 

I'm thinking for the show LF is a possibility because of that scene in the crypts- it at least appears that he knows something about the situation at least. 

At the same time when he and Sansa met in mole town it seemed like he wanted to turn Sansa against Jon... so I'm assuming his plans don't involve good things for Jon ---- I can't think of how letting Jon know he's a Targ would benefit LF... and LF only does things that will benifit him (or at least he certainly tries). 

1 minute ago, Bluesnow said:

At the same time when he and Sansa met in mole town it seemed like he wanted to turn Sansa against Jon... so I'm assuming his plans don't involve good things for Jon ---- I can't think of how letting Jon know he's a Targ would benefit LF... and LF only does things that will benifit him (or at least he certainly tries). 

This is an excellent point! 

On 6/19/2016 at 3:29 PM, Chib said:

This must be from an earlier version.  We know that some of this stuff is wrong from episode 9.  The Greyjoys arrived.  The Manderlays are not part of the battle for Winterfell.  Tormund doesn't die.  But the KL stuff is awesome.  Please let that be true.

1 hour ago, tugela said:

Daenerys won't care, because Jon would be a bastard and hence irrelevant. If it turns out that she is also Rhaegar's bastard, on the face of it it might be relevant, but in practice she wont care either, since she will have 100000 Dothraki screamers and three dragons standing behind her. As always

4 minutes ago, illinifan said:

This must be from an earlier vers.  We know that some of this stuff is wrong from episode 9.  The Greyjoys arrived.  The Manderlays are not part of the battle for Winterfell.  Tormund doesn't die.  But the KL stuff is awesome.  Please let that be true.

Sorry for trusting so many leak on the internet. Yeah the KL sounds awesome though

1 hour ago, tugela said:

Daenerys won't care, because Jon would be a bastard and hence irrelevant. If it turns out that she is also Rhaegar's bastard, on the face of it it might be relevant, but in practice she wont care either, since she will have 100000 Dothraki screamers and three dragons standing behind her. As always

I do think that LF figures out R+L=J.  I don't think he currently knows or he would have used it against Ned.  However, LF is one of five people who probably have enough information to piece this together.  (The others are the Lannisters and Varys.)  I suspect that interacting with Jon makes him suspicious.  Perhaps Jon is quite like Rhaegar in his mannerisms.  

What sets this off is that Sansa and Jon outplay LF for control of the North.  

Spoiler

LF wants to have defacto control of Sansa and the North.  Sansa beats him to it by renouncing her claim and supporting Jon.  LF is rebuffed and this is his back-up plan.

This belongs with my quote that has nothing with it.

In the past Targaryens took multiple wives, so he could be very well legit.  As evidenced by Kingsguard protection while he went off to battle.  Even given that, there is also the matter of Robs will that more than likely legitimizes him as well as makes him his heir.  So, Rob CAN be Lord of Winterfell and Heir to the Iron Throne.  If both are true, I am pretty sure Sansa will receive Winterfell.  

Dany will care very much about two very powerful political claims, also she will care about it on a personal level.  

Archived