How Jon Snow will become Azor Ahai?

I guess Jon will die one more time, this time in the battle for Winterfell. He will be resurrected against his will. By being reanimated he will either on purpose or accidentally, maybe a battle reflex, impale Melisandre. The Red Woman will perform her last blood magic using her own life as a sacrifice to make Jon sword the new Lightbringer.  

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone

highly unlikely Jon Snow is Azor Ahai , pretty sure Daenerys and her dragons will fight Nights King in war of dawn 

30 minutes ago, yakisikli123 said:

your source ?

Dany literally wakes dragons out of stone (the eggs) amidst smoke when the red star is bleeding (comet above Westeros) by stepping into the pyre (dying) but coming out unharmed (being reborn)

42 minutes ago, yakisikli123 said:

your source ?

10 minutes ago, Ser Bronn Blackfyre said:

Dany literally wakes dragons out of stone (the eggs) amidst smoke when the red star is bleeding (comet above Westeros) by stepping into the pyre (dying) but coming out unharmed (being reborn)

You, yakisikli123, just got burned.

Prophecies aren't literal and can have many different meanings, such as Azor Ahai being two people, as @Red Tiger just pointed out. There's a fuckload of theories about that; some even say that the dragons are Lightbringer, or that Ygritte is Nissa Nissa. Whatever you can imagine, it's been theorized.

Also, GRRM says it himself, you gotta take the prophecies with a grain of salt.

16 hours ago, Darksky said:

So Martin is all about the most obvious things, all about making the prophecies straightforward and literal eh?

yeah pretty much R+L= J,Stallion the who mounts world = Dany, Cercei's Prophecy about 3 kids death, To go north, you must go south , When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves ,etc all fucking obvious

like for example , he may try to be subtle but still too obvious lightbringer = fucking dragons

When your dragons were small, they were a wonder. Grown, they are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world.”

at least TV show not playing hide seek game and portraying Daenerys straight out savior figure ,humanitarian

22 minutes ago, blckp said:

yeah pretty much R+L= J,Stallion the who mounts world = Dany, Cercei's Prophecy about 3 kids death, To go north, you must go south , When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves ,etc all fucking obvious

like for example , he may try to be subtle but still too obvious lightbringer = fucking dragons

at least TV show not playing hide seek game and portraying Daenerys straight out savior figure ,humanitarian

PLEASE tell me you're being sarcastic.

While it's certainly possible that Jon, Dany, a combination of the two, or someone else entirely is Azor Ahai Reborn and/or the Prince that was Promised, I've never been entirely convinced.

I've always left open the possibility that all the Red Priests' speculations about who their reborn savior figure is or will be is simply them projecting their interpretations of the ancient source of their beliefs on their modern world.

Honestly, though, I don't think we'll get a truly definitive answer either way.

3 hours ago, Darksky said:

So Martin is all about the most obvious things, all about making the prophecies straightforward and literal eh?

A guy leading the battle with a flaming sword is literally the Azor Ahai legend. I hope it won't happen. 

9 hours ago, Rafael Praia Fiuza said:

I guess Jon will die one more time, this time in the battle for Winterfell. He will be resurrected against his will. By being reanimated he will either on purpose or accidentally, maybe a battle reflex, impale Melisandre. The Red Woman will perform her last blood magic using her own life as a sacrifice to make Jon sword the new Lightbringer.  

doesn't the person the sword is plunged into have to be someone you love ....so the sacrafice gives the sword it's magic abilities....I don't hink Jon has any particular love for Mel

There is no AA, it's just religious myth. AA reborn prophecy has narrative purpose, if there is no AA prophecy there is no Melisandre on Dragonstone, Stanis don't go to the wall, Renlly would be alive ect.

In the show The Hound is AA. Oathkeeper is the sword.

not my theory, but I'll share what I've read from others

the show has had 3 prologues. The WW, the making of Oathkeeper, and the resurection of The Hound. The enemy, the weapon and the one.

Beric and Thoros just gave the speech that we are all here for a reason. I believe Brienne is going to meet up with Brothers and Thoros is somehow going to light up Oathkeeper.

I believe it was kinda telling that when the red comet showed up Dany birthed her dragons from stone. I think she's AA. Then season 2 opens with Mel & Stannis on the beach under the comet and she's telling all the requirements for the prophecy (that Dany just did...).  It all gets pretty tricky though because in the books Aemon believes that Dany is also TPTWP...  Maybe those 2 are one and the same...  Can't remember the details of TPTWP prophecy...  I personally hope for Jon (in the books) to be the Sword of the Morning and wield Dawn vs the Nights King...  Funny how in the books Jon never has dragon dreams but dreams/thinks of TSOTM multiple times while north of the wall...  I think the show has condensed/combined a lot of these things and maybe have done away with Dawn completely.  And I don't think the show has ever mentioned Azor Ahai.  Correct me if I'm wrong. So maybe they'll go with a combo of Jon and Dany or seeing how the show thus far has made Dany more of the chosen one, it may just be her and everyone else will just be "on her team"...  I think the books may do it differently. 

The hound theory is interesting. 

Even if Jon did die again (which i don't think he will) i can't see him becoming AA at the battle of Winterfell. It would make more sense for him to die fighting the WW later on and something happening. 

I just hope he actually does something of note during the next two episodes as he has been pretty poor so far this season. 

D&D write it in the script. As easy as that. The script is something like the Bible. Anything that is written there is true and you are not supposed to doubt it, question it or demand explanation.

Now seriously. There is so much emphasis on Jon and Daenerys that it seems obvious that they might be something. But considering that GRRM is anything but obvious, I'd like to think that neither Jon nor Dany are AA. When Beric started to ressurect repeatedly for "no reason", I was sure that he is AA. After LSH, I still hope that neither Dany nor Jon are AA (at least in the books) and that a rather no-so-main character is it. I'd personally love Davos to be AA.

Archived