Can't believe Cercei will burn them *ALL*

Nakraal

With Tyrion mentioning to Dany last episode that Aerys had wildfire under the Red Keep, in underground passages, and under the Sept of Baelor, I feel like it's pretty much confirmed now that Cersei will "burn them all" in episode 10.

My question is where does Cersei go from this if she does indeed burn them all, next season I suspect we will see Jon made aware he is the heir to the Iron Throne, the white walkers coming through the wall and Dany invading in the South, Jamie and Cersei don't seem to fit well into that.

53 minutes ago, magg said:

With Tyrion mentioning to Dany last episode that Aerys had wildfire under the Red Keep, in underground passages, and under the Sept of Baelor, I feel like it's pretty much confirmed now that Cersei will "burn them all" in episode 10.

This

That scene settled that Cersei will burn King's Landing or parts of it with wildfire, too much foreshadowing happened already. It was becoming clearer with the Aerys  "BURN THEM ALL" flashback and also Qyburn spying

On 6/17/2016 at 10:28 AM, KINGpanther said:

The death of Tommen will push her over the edge and use the wildfire.

Or she uses the wildfire with the intent of killing the High Sparrow and ends up killing Tommen with the wildfire too.

I would think she sets off the wildfire thinking Tommen is still in the Red Keep. She will find out after that he was already at the sept and died as a result of her actions. Then maybe she sets off the rest of the wildfire and dies in it herself.

Yeah that scene with Tyrion was definitely a reminder of the wildfire under the city! Bit of a pity in my opinion, it would have been more of a surprise if they hadn't put that in... Guess they had to remind people of the fires to make the events in the next episode more "logical"?

Also I just remembered Cersei setting the Tower of the Hand to fire in the books... Maybe she will even (knowingly) burn part of the Red Keep?

Interestingly those visions of the Mad King and the Wildfire going off also showed Dragons flying over Kings Landing looking very much intact.

Now those could easily be visions from the past but I think it's something to consider. Now maybe just the Sept/Red Keep gets taken out which would be enough to wipe the major players out.

I think she might actually want to burn King's Landing to the ground, especially if she thought that the Lannister's were going to lose the throne. (why they'd lose it I don't know)  I think in a "If I can't have it, no one is going to have it" kind of way she'd just torch the place. Also think about who's IN King's Landing. All those people that saw her naked, saw her humiliated with the walk of shame. They made nasty remarks and didn't they also throw things?  I don't think she has too much sympathy for any of the small folks that might burn.

I definitely think that Tommen dying and the wildfire are linked, but I can't decide which was round. 

Will Tommen die for some other reason (e.g. Vary doing his final ADWD chapter but modified slightly?) and Cersei goes mad and burns the whole place down?

Or does Cersei try to destroy the HS & FM in the Sept but is goes tits-up and kills Tommen too and then get out of control so burns KL too?

I think that vision Bran had was done in a way that the uninitiated, show only people will think that it's all in the same time period as Aerys shouting "burn them all". But anyone who's read the books probably knows it's something more.

On 21/06/2016 at 2:35 AM, magg said:

I Def think it will happen too but perhaps not til next season. Can't wait either way!

On 21/06/2016 at 5:15 AM, Hodor's Aunt said:

I wonder in which team Qyborn is. He is such a smartass he should know what will happen. Maybe he isn't Cersais real friend.

They should give wun wun to Qyburn :^)

On 21/06/2016 at 7:20 AM, TeethGrinder said:

Interestingly those visions of the Mad King and the Wildfire going off also showed Dragons flying over Kings Landing looking very much intact.

Now those could easily be visions from the past but I think it's something to consider. Now maybe just the Sept/Red Keep gets taken out which would be enough to wipe the major players out.

I'm rewatching s 4 and when bran is on the way to the 3eyed raven he touches a weir wood north of the wall and has a vision. The dragon shadow over kings landing was in this.

I don't think this is going to happen but it would be interesting to see the monster Cersei helped create and was meant to protect her, Mountain/Ser Robert Strong, "accidentally kill Tommen.  Like if, Tommen tries to stop his mother from doing something and if the Mountain interprets that of trying to hurt Cersei, and thus kills Tommen.  That really makes Cersei crazy and then she releases the wildfire that she had around her solely as a threat or something like that 

On 21-6-2016 at 10:23 PM, Jedi Renee said:

In the books I thought Jamie only told Brienne about the mad king and his wild fire. When did he tell tyrion on the show? 

In season 2 Tyrion contacts Hallyne, the head of the Alchemists' Guild in King's Landing. According to the Wiki Hallyne was an acolyte of the Guild during the reign of Aerys, so I guess Hallyne knew about the wildfire spread under the city and told Tyrion.

On 20/6/2016 at 5:40 PM, JonSnowed said:

My question is where does Cersei go from this if she does indeed burn them all, next season I suspect we will see Jon made aware he is the heir to the Iron Throne, the white walkers coming through the wall and Dany invading in the South, Jamie and Cersei don't seem to fit well into that.

Jon can't be the heir to the IT. He would at best be the illegitimate son of Rhaegar and still a bastard. 

16 minutes ago, Nakraal said:

Jon can't be the heir to the IT. He would at best be the illegitimate son of Rhaegar and still a bastard. 

Can’t” is such a harsh word, really.  I reckon that Clarke’s First Law applies here:

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

Archived