Match day 8: Italy/Sweden, Czech Republic/Croatia, Spain/Turkey

Typical Italy.

Not a great match. The quality in the final third was severely lacking from both sides and neither GK had any saves of note to make. On the balance of play, Italy deserved to win. Tactically and in terms of defensive organisation, Italy have been the most impressive side thus far. This is a very poor Sweden side that have not managed a single shot on target in 180 minutes of football.

Croatia is all over the Czechs, maybe we'll see the first match with more than three goals this tournament.  I'm thinking of a 3-1 or 4-0 to Croatia, considering that the Czechs will have to open up as they need points. 

I just wish that Croatia would drop Mandzukic, so that I could support them. C'mon Darida and Rosicky!

Yeah I am absolutely disgusted by my countrymen. Without the disturbance and the tilting effect that they introduced, the team would have closed it out easily. I mean, this was the absolutely biggest mismatch I've seen in the tournament, with how one-sided it looked, and yes that includes Poland - N.Ireland cause the Irish actually tried something and the Polish were ineffective and boring, and the way this ended just feels awful.

Archived