6 minutes ago, plectrum said:

That was a pretty great episode.  Seriously, we got Drogon burning ships, the Masters getting their throats cut by Grey Worm and Ramsay getting devoured by his own hounds, after an epic battle sequence.  I'm sure we'll get some fanboy whiners, but that was a legitimately great hour of television.

This! It was great television. The emotions at watching Rickon, Dany wasn't cheesy, Jon was amazing as always, and Tormund lives! Everything was in sync and it was very impressive to FINALLY see the Knights of the Vale.

Hard to watch episode, gah. RIP wun wun.  Sansa's still an idiot, if she told John about the Vale army, just maybe he could have planned differently, instead he gets provoked by Ramsey and charges headlong into a rain of arrows? Dumb Starks. Good dogs!

POETIC JUSTICE ON THIS SHOW AT LAST!!! THAT ENDING WAS THE BEST EVAAAAHHHH!!!

Okay, now that I mostly got that out of my system. The battle was the most intense I've seen. A lot of action and hard to follow it all but damn, Jon was a beast! I knew the Vale knights would swoop in and save the day but it was still an excellent battle sequence. At least Tormund was alive and that last moment with Jon and Wun Wun:(. And of course, Ramsey got exactly what I hoped for which is rare for this show. And I liked Sansa in that scene, telling him he would completely disappear.

The Meereen 'battle' was good too, I wanted to see the Dothraki more but I knew it was about the dragons burning shit and Grey Worm taking out those masters was pretty cool. But damn, Theon and Yara got there quick, I was expecting them to mop up the rest of the Harpy fleet(well, maybe they did offscreen, who knows;)). And Viserion and Rhaegal were still in that pit the whole time? Wtf..I would have expected them to escape and fly off for awhile and come back when they realized Drogon was back.

13 minutes ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

I meant more the battle looks like it's over, then reinforcements show up and turn the tide.

They did it at Blackwater.

They did it with Stannis and the Wildlings.

They did it here.

Just gets old.

I understand what you are saying.

But the charge of a cavalry brigade is an ancient trope, one long repeated in song and poem, and in countless movies of the last century.

The charge of a light brigade is incredible, but the charge of a heavy one is a force of nature, a terror that crushes all in its path (if they are not well prepared for it).

And here, they were not.

That part, that part never gets old.

Edited by CrypticWeirwood

Well, GRRM wrote both book and show episode Blackwater, and it was a pretty damn good battle. And I can't say that the Battle for Winterfell might play out in some similar fashion in the book. Or not....b/c Sansa will ride in with LF from the Vale, NEVER HAVING LEFT IT, and Stannis might burn Shireen when it looks like all is lost. he might die then, clearing the way for Sansa to take over WF with LF being the "power behind the throne" as he is set to be now.

Tmug....Thanks for that report  re Davos. OMG (thanks the old gods and the new, heck, I might even light a candle to Red Rahloo this one night. Mel probably wanted him to die in the battle, she's always been resentful of his hold over Stannis...so, Dvos mightnotdie in Book 6 after all, he has more to do after Rickon dies....

yeah, you better watch your scraggly old butt now Mel, Davos Seaworth is coming for your hide, the night will be dark and full of terrors, beyotch.:)

(I don't see how she can kill him now? Might he yet die?)

Sorry, he's my favorite character books and show, Liam Cunningham should get an Emmy or at least a TV show of his own. I made an idiot out of myself starting a thread a few days ago so sure he was going to die...

Qyestions:

So what image of him shown in the trailers?

And who is burning on the crosses?

Was LF riding a WHITE HORSE and did he say anything besides smirk?

Did we get the rumored  "North Remembers" victory speech?

Did Lady Mormont survive the battle,what did she say and do?

Again can't see the show for a coulple days, questions that need answering.

Edited by Morna The Maid

Probably the best battle scene ever filmed.  It was Rome vs Carthage meets Saving Private Ryan's Normandy scene.  Just brilliant, probably the best thing this series has done since Blackwater, Hardhomme was close but still just excellent.  

Here lies a bastard with no name and no house, eaten by his dogs.  Smells like Justice.  

4 minutes ago, Houndred said:

Hard to watch episode, gah. RIP wun wun.  Sansa's still an idiot, if she told John about the Vale army, just maybe he could have planned differently, instead he gets provoked by Ramsey and charges headlong into a rain of arrows? Dumb Starks. Good dogs!

Sansa kept it a secret because she knew Jon and company were underestimating Ramsay.  Pretty brilliant if you ask me, she also knew Rickon was dead, she had a better grasp of the situation than Jon did.  

The whole time I'm watching Rickon run I'm screaming zig zag!!!! Left right right left don't run in a straight line and then boom.  Dead.

Edited by SerJeremiahLouistark

I honestly was expecting Jon to die after Mel's little pep talk ("maybe you're just alive today to die")... did you guys think he was protected by something (the Lord of Light?) at the begining of that battle? Everything was just flying past him. It was surreal...

Edited by direwoofwoof

1 minute ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Probably the best battle scene ever filmed.  It was Rome vs Carthage meets Saving Private Ryan's Normandy scene.  Just brilliant, probably the best thing this series has done since Blackwater, Hardhomme was close but still just excellent.  

Here lies a bastard with no name and no house, eaten by his dogs.  Smells like Justice.  

:thumbsup:

Smells like dog poop. Ramsey that is. Betrayed by his own sadism.