Just now, Ser Dong said:

Anyone see Karstark die? Did I miss it? I had trouble seeing a lot during that intense pit scene.

He got stabbed about 50 times by Tormund, after getting either his neck or ear bitten off (this broadcast was SD for me, so I'm sure it will get clear later).

Most disappointing episode 9 ever, except for danys part (yay for using all 3 dragons finally). I mean I knew the gist of how things would go, but it was awful watching Jon and his team just screw up and get owned so utterly and only win because of the vale and Sansas lies. I mean she's probably like "Jon should have listened to me and waited" well maybe if she'd not concealed the part about a whole other army coming he would have and so many less people would have died. Again I knew this is how it would go but I thought Jon and co would at least do some good things, put up something of a fight before the vale, but instead he disregarded the only bit of advice Sansa did say about Ramsey, disregarded his own battle plan, and basically did everything Ramsay hoped Jon would. And in the end no ghost eating Ramsay I'm just depressed. 

1 minute ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

I still can't stand Sansa.... She would have let her brother die rather than reveal to him that they did indeed have more than enough forces!!!

She knew he was dead.  Nothing could have changed that.  She kept the Vale a secret because she knew Jon was underestimating Ramsay.  What happens if she announces it and Jon shows up with an even amount of men or more?  Ramsay flees behind Winterfell's walls and the Seige begins.  Sansa used her head for once on this one.  

8 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Sansa kept it a secret because she knew Jon and company were underestimating Ramsay.  Pretty brilliant if you ask me, she also knew Rickon was dead, she had a better grasp of the situation than Jon did.  

The whole time I'm watching Rickon run I'm screaming zig zag!!!! Left right right left don't run in a straight line and then boom.  Dead.

Nope.  This makes absolutely no sense.  If that was the reason for keeping the Vale a secret, then she is an idiot.

Keeping this secret got thousands of her own people killed, not underestimating Ramsay.

I was really looking forward to Sansa's story this season, but I hated her this episode.

She tells Jon they need more men, but she doesn't tell Jon that she can get them.  She doesn't give Jon the chance to plan for the possibility of reinforcements.  Basically, she sets up her army to die.  And judging by her smirk when she arrived with Littlefinger, she does not care.  She just seemed to care about crushing the Boltons and killing Ramsay.

Because of this, two big Sansa moments that should have had me cheering (her arriving with reinforcements and her speech to Ramsay before he died) just had me thinking, "Sansa, I hate you so much right now."

Just now, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

She knew he was dead.  Nothing could have changed that.  She kept the Vale a secret because she knew Jon was underestimating Ramsay.  What happens if she announces it and Jon shows up with an even amount of men or more?  Ramsay flees behind Winterfell's walls and the Seige begins.  Sansa used her head for once on this one.  

Nothing to add, but I just explained this exact same thing to my buddy. 

Good episode. Great to see the Dire Wolf once again in Winterfell. I enjoyed finally seeing Ramsay die, I would of taken him getting the bird flu and dying of screen just to end the character. Battle scenes were legit. Hopefully we get some crypt revelations next week. I'm also guessing sansa is pregnant due to how many times hints have been thrown our way. The mountains of dead seemed a touch too much. Jon should of been yelling zig zag rickon! Zig zag! the entire ride. Poor kid was brought back to be killed off never knowing the knowledge of the zig zag while out running arrows.