5 minutes ago, trostol said:

if...Littlefinger marries Sansa..he becomes ...what exactly

I don't think she will marry him... Sansa has finally gotten smart about things and now that the Vale helped win this battle, she doesn't need them or Littlefinger. In the previews when he says "I thought you know what I wanted..." presumably marriage... she will probably laugh... or gag.

8 minutes ago, Lady Sansa's Direwolf said:

My throat is sore from screaming so much during this episode. Finally a payoff on a six year investment. This episode had it all: dragons, Giants, Slaughter. It was an amazing hour and I cannot wait to watch it again.:D

Amen, sister!

Just now, Sonoftheharpie said:

The only better ending to Ramsay would have been for Jon to put his boot on his throat an have Ghost chew his face off... Most satisfying episode in years....

Agreed.  I was hoping the "dog" to chew off his face would be Ghost or that Sansa would raise a sword for the first time in her life to kill Ramsay.  Either way, I'm just happy he's dead.

Excellent episode.  Never have I ever been so happy to see a Dothraki horde and Petyr Baelish!  How happy was I to finally see the Stark banners back at Winterfell!  Now Bran and Arya have to find their ways back homs!

Meereen:

• I was even okay with the flirtation between Dany and Yara/Asha, because I was so happy that the masters were defeated.
  • I liked that Tyrion reminded Dany about her dad and teased the wildfire below KL! 
  • Am I the only one who thought it funny that on Father's Day, they had a line about all of the people in the room having bad fathers? (Aerys, Tywin, Balon)
  • Nitpick:  Am I the only one who thinks there has been something off with Dany's makeup this season?

Winterfell:

Very satisfying, despite the death of Rickon (which I wasn't expecting, BTW).  I was screaming the entire time.  Will have to rewatch when I am calmer and look for details. I guess I'm just happy that Ramsay didn't give him the Theon treatment.  The Rickon scene was VERY well done.  RIP.  Wun Wun died a hero, and played a critical role in winning back Winterfell, so I am okay with that.

Don't take this as nitpicky criticism but I have a few questions.

• Why didn't Jon have Rickon carried back to Melisandre to attempt a revival?
  • Did I miss Ghost in the action?
  • Why did they camp in the same location where Ramsay was able to sneak up on Stannis's army and steal their horses?
  • How did the wood from the pyre that burned Shireen survive in a pile?
  • If Sansa had just been honest with Jon about Petyr and the Arryn forces, would Rickon be dead?  He would have definitely waited for them, and Ramsay would have seen the strong forces and "maybe" behaved differently.

1 minute ago, Frejac said:

Nope.  This makes absolutely no sense.  If that was the reason for keeping the Vale a secret, then she is an idiot.

Keeping this secret got thousands of her own people killed, not underestimating Ramsay.

I was really looking forward to Sansa's story this season, but I hated her this episode.

She tells Jon they need more men, but she doesn't tell Jon that she can get them.  She doesn't give Jon the chance to plan for the possibility of reinforcements.  Basically, she sets up her army to die.  And judging by her smirk when she arrived with Littlefinger, she does not care.  She just seemed to care about crushing the Boltons and killing Ramsay.

Because of this, two big Sansa moments that should have had me cheering (her arriving with reinforcements and her speech to Ramsay before he died) just had me thinking, "Sansa, I hate you so much right now."

That's the only reason for keeping them a secret.  No one died because Sansa didn't say anything about the Vale, that's ludicrous.  Rickon was dead either way.  She knew that apparently Jon didn't.  What good would it have done if she told Jon the Vale was coming?  Ramsay wouldn't have met them in the field, Winterfell would have been under Seige, and then what?  They would have lost more men, men would have left and abandoned their cause.  She was the only one that didn't underestimate Ramsay and what she did won that battle like it or not.  

1 minute ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

That's the only reason for keeping them a secret.  No one died because Sansa didn't say anything about the Vale, that's ludicrous.  Rickon was dead either way.  She knew that apparently Jon didn't.  What good would it have done if she told Jon the Vale was coming?  Ramsay wouldn't have met them in the field, Winterfell would have been under Seige, and then what?  They would have lost more men, men would have left and abandoned their cause.  She was the only one that didn't underestimate Ramsay and what she did won that battle like it or not.  

This was what I was thinking as well. I know it's popular to hate on Sansa, but it happened the way it needed to happen.

Just now, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

That's not a reason for keeping them secret at all.  Had they known about the Vale they could have planned the battle to happen in exactly the same way--draw Ramsay out with a smaller force and then crush him with the Vale--except they would have had coordinated timing and much fewer men would have died.

While Jon is not blameless in the casualty count, Sansa's lie had a much bigger impact on the losses they took.

It has absolutely nothing to do with underestimating Ramsay.

Yeah, great. So they can shoot and cut great battle scenes. But you know what? A great show surprises its audience. Every single thing in this episode I (and many others) predicted at least 5 episodes ago. Where are the twists??? Plotwise it has become a hot mess/snooze fest. I don't care how good their equipment is. I don't need another Braveheart or LotR-Battle. I WANT A GREAT UNPREDICTABLE INTELLIGENT STORY

5 minutes ago, Rory Snow said:

How many men and giants died because Sansa kept her secret about the Vale?

Maybe she didn't know they would make it in time? Or that they were actually coming? I'm thinking, geographically, the Knights of the Vale would have been coming from the south and Jon's army from the north. And Sansa was with Jon's army so how did she hook up with the knights and littlefinger?

7 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

RIGHT ON

Another thing.

If Sansa is keeping the Vale a secret because Jon underestimates Ramsay, then why, exactly, does she keep trying to get him to delay the attack until they have more men?

Those two things do not go together.  At all.

Edited by Frejac