I don't know. I'm disappointed that Jon and Sansa didn't communicate well. They just aren't as close as we wish they'd be. Both of them well too self-righteous and in the process there were many unnecessary deaths. That scene when the dog eats the face and Sansa retracts and then re-approaches was perfectly filmed. 

3 minutes ago, plectrum said:

Side note: does anyone else think Dany needs a saddle already?  Riding a dragon bareback can't be remotely safe.

I thought the exact same thing, those pointy bits on his back can't be terribly comfortable to sit on. 

2 minutes ago, Ser Dong said:

Me as well. I detected something between them which was quite entertaining from a viewer and character standpoint.

Dany and yara should totally be besties they have so much in common. 

7 minutes ago, Frejac said:

Another thing.

If Sansa is keeping the Vale a secret because Jon underestimates Ramsay, then why, exactly, does she keep trying to get him to delay the attack until they have more men?

Those two things do not go together.  At all.

I agree, people are giving here credit for keeping the vale a secret so Ramsay would come meet them in the field but that's not true because she was trying to get Jon to wait even after she'd written to LF, so she had no good reason to keep it a secret. If Jon had known maybe he would have waited, but Ramsay needn't have known about the vale right away, they could have devised a strategy together with the vale for the vale to take Ramsay by surprise. 

Questions I'm dying to have answered:

What is this "Harp" theory that is going around, what will Sansa/Jon find in the WF crypt?

Who was burning on the crosses?

Did we get the rumored "The North Remembers" victory speech after the battle?

I'm dying to know--how did Lil' Lady Mormont conduct herself in battle:), or not, what did she say/do/did she survive?

Was LF riding a white horse? (I'm dying to know, did Dave and Dan go completely Gandalf with their HEEERO)

So Tyrion shows up in Meereen, he's ruling it while she's gone in her name, and yet he *suddenly discovers he's a Lannister again* by giving her a not-so-subtle reminder of her Mad Dad and how KL has a great defense if she should try to take the IT by force....wildfire, lol.

HUH?

Oh and BTW...if you guys want a great thing to watch, it's The Normies on YouTube. They do the best reactions videos on the Net. Watch their reaction to Hardhome, it got them notic on MTV last year. CAN'T WAIT to watch their reaction video to this, it should be up by Teus. They do skits and a seperate post-episode discussion video as well.

Edited by Morna The Maid

6 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Was it too much to ask that the first face of The Vale charging in wasn't an extra?  Like LF, Lord Royce, or even Sweetrobin?  (He's been training how to fight since 4x08... and he IS the Lord of the Vale.)

That's all I have to complain about this episode.

LF is not a warrior and he's a manipulator who's definitely not stupid enough to go into battle himself and risk losing everything he's obtained. Lord Royce could have been, but I don't see him as a particular soldier either. Sweetrobin...lol. I won't even make a comment on that.

As for Sansa keeping it all a secret, it's simply more entertaining for it to be a Big Damn Heroes moment.

1 minute ago, Morna The Maid said:

Questions I'm dying to have answered:

What is this "Harp" theory that is going around, what will Sansa/Jon find in the WF crypt?

Who was burning on the crosses?

Did we get the rumored "The North Remembers" victory speech after the battle?

I'm dying to know--how did Lil' Lady Mormont conduct herself in battle:), or not, what did she say/do/did she survive?

Was LF riding a white horse? (I'm dying to know, did Dave and Dan go completely Gandalf with their HEEERO)

So Tyrion shows up in Meereen, he's ruling it while she's gone in her name, and yet he *suddenly discovers he's a Lannister again* by giving her a not-so-subtle reminder of her Mad Dad and how KL has a great defense if she should try to take the IT by force....wildfire, lol.

HUH?

I too want to know about Lyanna Mormont! I think for a brief second, when Davos says something about them being chicken shits just waiting and charges, you see her remaining on horseback. Or maybe that was the horse Davos left, haha.

4 minutes ago, Morna The Maid said:

it's unlikely that she actually fought. After all, she's, what, 11 years old? she would have come for moral support, not to fight.

1 hour ago, Tooms said:

Dang, we have to wait until next week for him to see it!

Episode 10.

So we won't get an answer, we will get a question. Right now the unsullied haven't really been told Jon might not be a Stark.

And yes, that is what we are told in the books. One of the many reasons there is bound to be some fine weeping and gnashing of teeth.

1 hour ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

I meant more the battle looks like it's over, then reinforcements show up and turn the tide.

They did it at Blackwater.

They did it with Stannis and the Wildlings.

They did it here.

Just gets old.

Yeah, the Duke of Wellington must have thought that at Waterloo.

I know, I wasn't expecting her to fight, that's why I put a :). But I can easily see her WANTING to fight! She's just a kid, she wants to be in the middle of the action, "but darn it, my Maester wants me to stay put,  it stinks having to be me right now" etc. Dangit, I love her.

But from the looks of things, her 620 men are mostly dead?

Edited by Morna The Maid

Some nice camera work during the battle with the horse charge.

For fuck's sake Rickon, do you not know to weave about while running?

NO Ghost.  What a complete joke.

And instant travel between Westeros and Meerreen.

Edited by Arataniello
Adding comment about travel.