[Poll] How would you rate episode 609?

How would you rate episode 609?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

9. A very good, high tension episode. Even if a lot was predictable there were some good true to book moments. Tyrion confronting Dany about the Mad King is something that has to happen and it worked well here especially because it factually lays more ground work for whatever Cersei is going to pull. The dragon sequence was very good (although having a truce while continuing to fire at the city seemed pretty unrealistic to me). 

I thought the Winterfell stuff was mostly good. I don't like how were still dragging out the Davos/Mel thing over Shireen but the rest was pretty good especially how Sansa was emphasized over littlefinger. I also like how they are really stoking some dark tensions in Sansa and how that is all going to play out now that Jon is going to be the odd man out in LF's master plan. 

10/10. I want to give it a 9 because there were SOME little plot holes, but the scenes with Dany and Tyrion were so friggin good (first time ever), that I have to give it a 10.

The bastardbowl could've been next week and this would've still been an incredible episode. My only real gripe is Sansa not telling Jon the KotV were coming, but that was still minor.

Props to the video and effects department tonight, that was insane.

Awesome!! I loved it! Sure their were a couple plot holes and the Vale riding in at the end was predictable but the actions scenes overcame any negatives. Jon Snow is the balls, absolutely loved the way he pounded on Ramsey, I wish he had thrown an extra punch or two tho'

I gave it a 10. First of the season. Loved the Meereen bit and figure something similar will happen in the book. Figured the other 2 dragons were going to get in the act so that was cool.  Love that Ramsey got it and that Sansa was the one that gave it to him. The smile at the end was priceless. I can overlook her not telling Jon and think LF is going to have his hands full when he tries to mess with her.

Wow. That was awesome. I bet nobody would predict Sansa would continue to Betty her family, Rickon gets killed and Jon almost re-killed (which would be totally convenient for Sansa so thank god she was late), that new found lesbian Yara would find new found lesbian Dany... Cue the women on top now, amirite?, and Davos finds the Targaryen unburnt wood toy stag, and MEL FINDS HER RELIGION AGAIN!!! Yeah!!! Nothing predictable at all :thumbsup:

Visually, this episode was a 10.

As a story, it was better than most of the other episodes this season, but somehow I was expecting more. I think some small changes would have made it better. For example, I'd have absolutely loved it if as Jon's punching Ramsay and he sees Sansa, she comes and finishes the job by killing him herself. To me it'd have a bigger impact than having the dogs kill him. It could have ended right there.

I gave it an 8. Visually it was a 10. The battle was cool and it actually was very exciting. Bit odd there was no snow there though given where they were and how in other scenes had snow around that area, just not that specific area. That death scene was so satisfying because one, he deserved it, two, no more Ramsay super villain bullshit from the writers. 

Didn't get a higher rating from me because of some things that I thought were plot holes and pretty predictable and a bit cliched.  Still, as a whole, not a huge fan of this season. Not up to par with the first 4.

Edited by Harakiri

I loved it! Dany & Asha/Yara was whatever & the Vale coming to save the day was a little cliché but I don't even care! 

The battle was intense. Very nicely filmed. 

Jon beating Ramsay half to death was almost as good as Sansa's smile walking away from him while his dogs had at him. 

The scene between Jon & Sansa in the tent before the battle was great. I would never have thought I would enjoy those two together as much as I do. 

The look Jon gives Ramsay when he climbs to the top of the hill if bodies is pure wild! 

Excellent episode IMO. 

10 for me. Exhilarating episode, loved it all really. Battle was excellent and particularly liked that long shot of Jon at the start of the battle. Loved the gritty and intense feel to it. Smalljon umber was pretty badass too. Poor Rickon, although I found it funny how Ramsay was like 'do you like games little man' when rickon was almost as tall. Ending was great , and meeren was done well too. Overall a very good episode, probably my second favourite of all time behind hardhome

Almost a 10. Would have gotten full marks had Ghost been around, when Ramsay says to sansa his dogs are loyal.....yeah, to their new pack leader...and Ghost just walks on in.

Also I think they should have been more upset about Rickon, especially Sansa. If Jon can cry for Ygritte then surely he can for his brother.

Smalljon is great. Normally he'd beat the crap out of Tormund but they gave him a good death, Tormund was sneaky. Only way he could have legit beat SmallJon.

Gotta bow down to Iwan. Great job. I'll miss him, he made his scenes and the show so much better.

7 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

Almost a 10. Would have gotten full marks had Ghost been around, when Ramsay says to sansa his dogs are loyal.....yeah, to their new pack leader...and Ghost just walks on in.

Also I think they should have been more upset about Rickon, especially Sansa. If Jon can cry for Ygritte then surely he can for his brother.

Smalljon is great. Normally he'd beat the crap out of Tormund but they gave him a good death, Tormund was sneaky. Only way he could have legit beat SmallJon.

Gotta bow down to Iwan. Great job. I'll miss him, he made his scenes and the show so much better.

I was hoping that was the case. That would have been amazing. 

Giving it a 9 just because everything went as expected, no surprise factors, but everything was staged perfectly. Maybe the Rickon part was quite unexpected, but the vale coming to the rescue in the last minute was quite disgusting. They could have joined the battle before it started and resolve it from there.